Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Same. Like th OP said all of that info is publicly available but it's only as good as the sources used. People can make corrections or add more players if they know of any.

Sorry but I think it's a good reality check for families. Many dream of their kids going to top D1 programs but the reality is very few will. How much they play in college matters which means you have to target the right programs for you. The MA thread has a tracker for boys commits and it definitely was educational when my son was starting to be recruited.

It's also great to see so many CT players finding early success in college. Why so much negativity on this site?!
    Agreed. These athletes should be celebrated, and the poster thanked for putting the work in for the benefit of the group. I periodically jump on this site looking for useful information, and it is not often we get this type of analysis.

Comment

Good Lord - do you not have anything better to do with your time? This is shockingly ridiculous. I almost feel sorry for you.
      Time well spent in my book. Keep it coming!

Comment

Agreed. These athletes should be celebrated, and the poster thanked for putting the work in for the benefit of the group. I periodically jump on this site looking for useful information, and it is not often we get this type of analysis.
        call me the grinch, but celebrated for what? Targeting correctly? Being good? I mean are ANY doing really well at a top 25 program? Sure, the parents and kids could be happy and it serves as a good idea of what level kids are getting minutes at, but celebration? Ill pass on that until i see excellence.

Comment

call me the grinch, but celebrated for what? Targeting correctly? Being good? I mean are ANY doing really well at a top 25 program? Sure, the parents and kids could be happy and it serves as a good idea of what level kids are getting minutes at, but celebration? Ill pass on that until i see excellence.
          These kids probably put in tons of work to get selected to play at the college level. The parents put tons of time and money driving these kids all over the place to pursue a dream of playing college soccer. If my kid makes it (which will make her very happy), I will be right by her side celebrating the accomplishment with her.

If you look at the list, what is striking to me is how few make it TO the college level, regardless of the minutes played. Once in college, real life starts to set in and kids start spending more time thinking about future careers and less so about soccer. It is what it is....

Comment

This state will have almost no one on a top 25 team. So yeah, any kids from CT having success in college should be celebrated. If they and their families are happy, be happy for them instead of being such a g dam ahole.

Comment

Before you shoot the messenger - I have a D in this class who is playing a ton, loving her school etc. Couldn't be happier for her. Her younger sister wants to play in college but isn't nearly as good. I was curious how many players from my D's class were doing (not all her college teammates are). I wanted to show the younger one what it all means.

Also of note:

I only used initials even though this stuff is all out there. I know some posters go mental over that
              I only used lists from DA, ECNL or other club list. I know it's not complete
              I didn't look for the uncommitteds, maybe they are playing and someone can fill it in
              FSA they doesn't differentiate ECNL from NPL on their site. I couldn't find NPL lists for FSA or CFCU
              I didn't look at any other CT clubs; again there may be others out there that can be filled in
              Schools don't use the same stats so it's a mixup. As freshmen assume many who are in games are getting minutes but probably not a lot of starts, unless they're playing maybe 500 minutes or more.

Anyway, overall I'd say the majority of CTs college freshmen are doing very well so job well done to them. I remember someone looked at another class and FSA and YU didn't have a good track record but YU's was ok this time. FSA can't even keep their lists straight. OW hides their commits (Look here's everyone who ever played at OW!). I'll make no comments about the quality of the soccer or academics. You lot can argue over that. with one already din college and another maybe or maybe not, just focus on the right fit for the school first, soccer second.

OAKWOOD

JA University of Hartford On roster No PT
              LB Marist College > 500 min
              EG Holy Cross 2 games
              CJ University of Connecticut 200 min
              MK Fairfield University Not on roster
              MO Eastern Connecticut State University > 500 min
              LS UMass Amherst On roster No PT
              EZ University of Connecticut > 800 min

YANKEE

LC MIT 6 games GK
              SC American International College Not on roster
              ND Sarah Lawrence College 800 min
              GD Uconn 27 min
              SM Western Connecticut State University 4 games
              DG Manhattanville College 5 games
              JM Uconn 600 min
              CM Uconn 171 min
              JR Ithaca 35 min
              GR Saint Michaels College 8 games
              ZR Saint Michaels College 2 games
              ER Manhattanville College 9 games
              GS *Franklin Pierce University Not On*
              SS Pomona College - Pitzer Athletics 9 games
              KZ Iona college 450 min
              AW Central Connecticut State University 9 games

* Player with same last name, not first, on roster and listed as playing for Ginga?

CFCU

AA Boston College Starting GK
              CD Providence University 6 games No starts
              CB University of Deleware 11 games No Starts
              CD University of Louisville 400 min
              EK Sacred Heart University 11 games GK
              GV SUNY Binghamton 193 min
              JH Fairfield University >800 min
              KM Quinnipiac University 850 min
              LG Boston College 27 min
              MB Sacred Heart University No on roster
              MG Ohio State University On roster No PT
              MM Sacred Heart University 9 games
              MF University of Pennsylvania 153 min
              CZ University of Bridgeport 1 game
              DM Wesleyan University 8G 4 starts
              AP Uncommitted
              JL Uncommitted
              SJ Uncommitted
              OP Uncommitted

FSA - ECNL List

HK Merrimack College 26 min
              JL Clarkson University >850 min
              BG Uncommitted Not on FSA site
              GB Uncommitted Not on FSA site
              KA Uncommitted Not on FSA site
              CC Dartmouth College 23 min
              GD Yale University 176 min
              KR Central Connecticut State University 8 games
              MR Marist College On No PT
              OF Central Connecticut State University 9 games
              RS Lafayette College 346 min
              SP Virginia Military Institute No On/Not on FSA
              SD Central Connecticut State University 10 games
              LP Endicott College 9 games

FSA Site
              CK Hobart Not On roster
              GO or GL ? Williams 2 games
              SP Coast Guard Not on roster
              HS Trinity Not on roster
              ST American International College On roster No PT

? No GO on roster. there is a GL who fits player profile (from CT and Miss Porters but no club listed to verify)
              Ted Bundy never stalked like this... WOW!

Comment

Ted Bundy never stalked like this... WOW!
                This is the sad living through my kid soccer parent. He/she cannot handle Mia not being in the local high school paper news so has to extend her 15 minutes of fame.

Reality is in 4 years the list will be about a dozen kids.

Comment

These kids probably put in tons of work to get selected to play at the college level. The parents put tons of time and money driving these kids all over the place to pursue a dream of playing college soccer. If my kid makes it (which will make her very happy), I will be right by her side celebrating the accomplishment with her.

If you look at the list, what is striking to me is how few make it TO the college level, regardless of the minutes played. Once in college, real life starts to set in and kids start spending more time thinking about future careers and less so about soccer. It is what it is....
                  As you should, but suggesting that others should celebrate also is a bit much. Like i said, the parents and kids should be happy with their choice and achievement in getting there. As to your last point, that not the case at the big time programs. Soccer is part of their life. If you stop thinking soccer, you stop getting on the field

Comment

As you should, but suggesting that others should celebrate also is a bit much. Like i said, the parents and kids should be happy with their choice and achievement in getting there. As to your last point, that not the case at the big time programs. Soccer is part of their life. If you stop thinking soccer, you stop getting on the field
                    Who is talking about "big time programs" here? See the list of schools! Kids mature and start thinking about the future, and that future does not include soccer (other than recreationally). Reality hits them right in the face.

Comment

Who is talking about "big time programs" here? See the list of schools! Kids mature and start thinking about the future, and that future does not include soccer (other than recreationally). Reality hits them right in the face.

Right. So what exactly are we being told to celebrate then? Excellence is to be admired and celebrated. Average ( in terms of College soccer) not so much

Comment

Right. So what exactly are we being told to celebrate then? Excellence is to be admired and celebrated. Average ( in terms of College soccer) not so much
                        Where did you and your kid play again??

Comment

Where did you and your kid play again??
                          If a kid is excellent, objective observers will praise her and celebrate it. Trying to pretend that simply making a College roster is worthy of collective celebration is exactly the low bar that the GDA/ECNL Club crowd are selling to the legions of average players they rely on to line their pockets.

Where my kid plays has nothing to do with it.Im not asking you to celebrate it.

Comment

If a kid is excellent, objective observers will praise her and celebrate it. Trying to pretend that simply making a College roster is worthy of collective celebration is exactly the low bar that the GDA/ECNL Club crowd are selling to the legions of average players they rely on to line their pockets.

Where my kid plays has nothing to do with it.Im not asking you to celebrate it.
                            So, nowhere then?

Comment

Are you saying CFC doesn't post there NPL commits????That cant be .That would be exposing what that program really does for its ECNL B/NPL players.Love to here some defense of all their non ECNL programs in regard to college placements.

Comment

Are you saying CFC doesn't post there NPL commits????That cant be .That would be exposing what that program really does for its ECNL B/NPL players.Love to here some defense of all their non ECNL programs in regard to college placements.
                                They do in social media but for whatever reason haven't updated their website lists in years. I know ecnl publishes a league list and probably npl.does also. I recall CFCU NPL players nearly all land somewhere too, FSA not so much

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X