Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This whole thread is pathetic. These are teenage boys playing soccer. Get a life and find something else to think about and comment on.
    Is it not a fair question to ask why Hall High (in affluent West Hartford) has not had more success on the soccer field?

Comment

If that town had 1 only high school (like gbury and large fciac towns), I dont think it would ever be up for debate on the boys side and the girls might actually become semi-competitive.
      Conard boys co-champs in 1970 (49 years ago). Conard girls have never won a State title. Not sure combining Hall and Conard will do much on either the boys or girls side.

Comment

where do these WH kids play club? I'll tell you where

EFF
        ESS
        AYE

this is really an indictment on how bad they are as a club.

Comment

I question why you care so much. Let these kids have their fun (win or lose) without all the ridiculous judgements. Do you really care when Hall or Conard or whoever last won a state title in soccer?

Comment

I question why you care so much. Let these kids have their fun (win or lose) without all the ridiculous judgements. Do you really care when Hall or Conard or whoever last won a state title in soccer?
            I was at the game. I'm a Glastonbury dad. It was intense and excellent. Both teams had good chances and Glastonbury put one more away. I agree with poster- let these kids enjoy their games. Parents stay out of it.

Comment

different in hs population

West Hartford population is almost twice that of most other towns, including Glastonbury, so, both WH high schools should be competitive
              Town size is one thing but you have to look at how many are in the school. Glastonbury is over 2000 students now and Hall and Conard both sit around 1400 so Glastonbury nearly 50% larger. Over the last few years games have been a one goal game between these programs. Solid programs that are typically some of the best in the state. Good luck the rest of the way to both.

Comment

The karma is on Zeke. He’s been coaching most of these kids sense u9 at FSA. He has cut more talented players through the years to keep these kids playing together. He better pull it off this year or he’ll never do it. Personally I hope he goes out in the first round if there’s any one that has karma coming to him it’s Zeke

Comment

West Hartford has a population of approximately 63,000 and is multiples larger than most FCIAC towns.
                  If you believe that, have at it underachiever ..... https://www.gametimect.com/ciacs-201...lment-figures/

Comment

If you believe that, have at it underachiever ..... https://www.gametimect.com/ciacs-201...lment-figures/
                    It's high school soccer. Anything can happen at anytime. It always does. You ought to pipe down and worry about your own team(s)

Comment

And another ....
                      https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Depart...8pdf.pdf?la=en

Comment

Glastonbury will easily win the state championship.

Comment

where do these WH kids play club? I'll tell you where

EFF
                          ESS
                          AYE

this is really an indictment on how bad they are as a club.
                          I still think it is more of a coaching issue, at least on the girls side. Hall always has it's disposal a number of club players included FSA ECNL players (2 of whom played on their Country's National team) yet they are consistently beaten by the likes of Southington. Hall is about on par with Avon, always loses to G'bury, and generally lose to Plainville and Enfield. It's really pretty sad.90 minutes of kick ball and minimal subbing. By halftime the starting horses are exhausted. Year in. Year out.

Comment

I still think it is more of a coaching issue, at least on the girls side. Hall always has it's disposal a number of club players included FSA ECNL players (2 of whom played on their Country's National team) yet they are consistently beaten by the likes of Southington. Hall is about on par with Avon, always loses to G'bury, and generally lose to Plainville and Enfield. It's really pretty sad.90 minutes of kick ball and minimal subbing. By halftime the starting horses are exhausted. Year in. Year out.
                            Oh please. On the national team or got invited to a training center? Bigly difference.

Comment

Oh please. On the national team or got invited to a training center? Bigly difference.
                              The Jamaican National team. Played in the most recent Olympics as starters. Both Hall grads

Comment

The karma is on Zeke. He’s been coaching most of these kids sense u9 at FSA. He has cut more talented players through the years to keep these kids playing together. He better pull it off this year or he’ll never do it. Personally I hope he goes out in the first round if there’s any one that has karma coming to him it’s Zeke
                                Could not agree more with this. Zeke is just an arrogant know it all with his set favorites that really make no sense. How man FSA kids that he has coached are now on that starting team? Last year might have been more than this year. Hes an overrated blowhard know it all. He should be embarrassed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X