Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If that's my kid and the coach high fives that garbage for everyone to see, he'd have a lot more to worry about than a possible forfeit.
    you drive a Red Dodge Charger?

Comment

Derby thinks soccer = Roller Derby

Comment

If that's my kid and the coach high fives that garbage for everyone to see, he'd have a lot more to worry about than a possible forfeit.
        That’s how they handle these things in Wilton.

Comment

Wow, you sound really tough.
          I don't think that's tough at all. I think it is crazy toallow that to happen to a kid, have the coach gloat about it and high five the players and then just wring your hands and cry and stand there doing nothing.

Comment

So you checked the rules of the game? Do the rules include the offending team forfeiting the next game? Or are you just adding that to the rules that you read? Just curious.
            LAWS of the game don’t matter, it is always up to competition committee to decide what to do. That means the CIAC will decide appropriate action which means they will place all blame on one player gone rouge. Coach will face no punishment. Reffs will face no punishment. CIAC will accept no blame either.

BTW - Reffs are not there to break up fights. They should observe, issue cards, and detail in match report what happened. Coaches and players should control the situation and call in police if it gets out of hand. Assault can occur during a sporting event.
            With that said, what self respecting Reffs would not step in and break up a girls fight in a soccer game. I could understand in a boys match as they may really be “men” out there and you do need to consider your own safety.

Comment

LAWS of the game don’t matter, it is always up to competition committee to decide what to do. That means the CIAC will decide appropriate action which means they will place all blame on one player gone rouge. Coach will face no punishment. Reffs will face no punishment. CIAC will accept no blame either.

BTW - Reffs are not there to break up fights. They should observe, issue cards, and detail in match report what happened. Coaches and players should control the situation and call in police if it gets out of hand. Assault can occur during a sporting event.
              With that said, what self respecting Reffs would not step in and break up a girls fight in a soccer game. I could understand in a boys match as they may really be “men” out there and you do need to consider your own safety.
              BTW it’s refs you dope!

Comment

I don't think that's tough at all. I think it is crazy toallow that to happen to a kid, have the coach gloat about it and high five the players and then just wring your hands and cry and stand there doing nothing.
                What are you suggesting tough guy? Assaulting the opposing coach?

Comment

https://www.wfsb.com/news/torrington...72454211a.html

Anyone witness it? Sounds hard to believe...from no one being thrown out to the coach congratulating the attack. Anyone?
                  I was there. The two girls who initially went at had been playing each other very physically all game. Torrington scored the lone goal off of a PK because the Torrington kid had earlier been dumped in the box. Not vicious but a hard foul. The scuffle occurred with about 1 1/2 minute to go in the game. It was no big deal until the second Derby player came in and attacked the Torrington girl who was on the ground at that time with the initial Derby player. There was no need for her to get involved, but she came charging in and threw like 8-10 closed fist punches at the Torrington girl , striking her in the head and upper body .

I thought the refs had done a decent job with the game up to that point, They may have been a little slow to intercede but I don't clearly recall how far away they were and it only lasted less than 20 seconds.

I did not see the Derby coach High Five his players, but I was not looking that way. I did hear two Torrington fans say they saw that within minutes of the scuffle ending.

to me, its a yellow card , maybe red for the first two players and then a red card for the third player in. If she played for me there would be a suspension from the team , maybe dismissed from the team if there was a history of bad behavior

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X