Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks. All good points. The training is much better than his last team. It was awful (just pass around drills and scrimmage week after week). Just frustrating when you drive for an away game and sit a lot. My kid isn’t being left out, just a lot of kids to play.
    good points indeed - How soon are they moving to 11v11? my son's club increased size the year before the bump and it turned out to be okay - but I remember it seemed weird at the time. You'll see when you jump up - Play 11v11 with 17 young kids - suddenly mid-season you've got a couple kids out, or injured, and also moving to a bigger field, longer games, and you've got three subs with a lot of kids sucking wind by the end of the game. Stay with the good training - that isn't always easy to come by

Comment

roster size

sounds like FSA....b/c teams

Comment

Clubs should be forced to give guidance on max roster and be held accountable if they transgress. Of course they always want more money and would gladly create a situation where they can increase revenue by +35-40% by rostering extra kids. At 11v11 the perfect size roster for a competitive (read committed kids) team is really around 16. If you bump that to 22 you just increased your take by 38%, assuming they all pay the same rate.

Comment

sounds like FSA....b/c teams
          Can't be - the OP said the training was good :)

Comment

Can't be - the OP said the training was good :)
            That was too easy there

Comment

That was too easy there
              I'll be here all week! Try the fish!

Comment

I'll be here all week! Try the fish!
                Try a vinegar douche

Comment

good points indeed - How soon are they moving to 11v11? my son's club increased size the year before the bump and it turned out to be okay - but I remember it seemed weird at the time. You'll see when you jump up - Play 11v11 with 17 young kids - suddenly mid-season you've got a couple kids out, or injured, and also moving to a bigger field, longer games, and you've got three subs with a lot of kids sucking wind by the end of the game. Stay with the good training - that isn't always easy to come by
                  Sounds similar to my daughter’s team. They go 11v11 next year. Training is great but the roster is larger than I’d like. Time will tell...

Comment

Sounds similar to my daughter’s team. They go 11v11 next year. Training is great but the roster is larger than I’d like. Time will tell...
                    It will probably be just fine. A few of the weaker players will either leave or get cut, then the club will bring in a few outside players to create a roster for 11v 11 (hopefully around 18 players). In middle school a lot of players drop out of the sport to focus on other things. The move to a bigger field and puberty isn't always kind to some players either.

Comment

It will probably be just fine. A few of the weaker players will either leave or get cut, then the club will bring in a few outside players to create a roster for 11v 11 (hopefully around 18 players). In middle school a lot of players drop out of the sport to focus on other things. The move to a bigger field and puberty isn't always kind to some players either.
                      Oooohhhh. It's almost large roster season. I can't wait to watch 28 kids on one half of an indoor field. Let's get fired up cfcu

Comment

Oooohhhh. It's almost large roster season. I can't wait to watch 28 kids on one half of an indoor field. Let's get fired up cfcu
                        they should be training outdoors as much as possible, even thru the winter. FSA and OW does, they remove snow

Comment

they should be training outdoors as much as possible, even thru the winter. FSA and OW does, they remove snow
                          Why??

Comment

Why??
                            Because at FSA we charge for leagues on weekend and we need the dough to pay the huge mortgage, so we send all our teams outside so we can double dip.

Linda

Comment

Because at FSA we charge for leagues on weekend and we need the dough to pay the huge mortgage, so we send all our teams outside so we can double dip.

Linda
                              nailed it.

Comment

Hey it least it gets them ready for their college career at SHU

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X