Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. I think you are taking the extreme opposite side of bashing the Reign which is fandom. I pointed out some positives and some negatives in the club and observations at the younger and older ages at the start of the season. I think your extremism is misplaced. As parents we should be sharing information about all clubs so we can make more informed decisions. The Reign is the newbie(ish) on the block and deserves some scrutiny and discussion just like the other PSPL clubs and WYS clubs. Especially for the cost and commitment of the Reign. EFC obviously was bashed in the other thread. Crossfire has had its bashing and fandom moments in this forum, Valor had a whole thread. Eagleclaw has obviously had it's day in court. It's the Reigns turn and that is OK and worth discussing. Yes some take it to far on the bashing side and some take it to far (like you) on the fandom Reign can do nothing wrong side. So step down from your soap box and let's point out pros and cons like rational people.

One thing I have to completely disagree with you on is your status quo comment. You really think the Reign is challenging the status quo!!!!! Let's break that down for a moment. In my view the Reign is not only a part of the status quo but adding to the terrible nature of the status quo just the same as the WYS clubs are (once again we bash the WYS in other threads as well). The Reign is even more of the status quo then Crossfire. Let me break that down for you with a simple comparison of the Reign and Crossfire. And before you say it, No I am not a Crossfire fanboy but they are the most bashed status quo club so it's a fair comparison to prove my point that the Reign is contributing to the status quo the same as and in some cases more than others.

1) Pay to Play
    Reign - The most expensive club in the state of Washington
    Crossfire - Expensive but cheaper than the Reign

2) Tryouts
    Reign - Discovery days where they stack rank kids over multiple days.
    Crossfire- A couple days of tryouts where they stack rank kids over multiple days.

3) Age of stack ranking kids and cutting kids
    Reign - 2009 birth year - 9 and ten year olds. No younger academy that I know of.
    Crossfire - 2009 birth year in RCL. Younger kids in academy structure grouped.

4) Travel
    Reign - Most travel of any club in Washington State for girls, All away DA games
    Crossfire - Lots of travel as well to tournaments, ECNL for girls, surprisingly still has DA for boys.

5) Tournaments
    Reign - Summer tournaments, Surf cup etc.
    Crossfire - Summer tournaments, Surf Cup etc.

6) Coaching
    Reign - Has licensed coaches. Perception is some are good and some are bad
    Crossfire - Has licensed coaches. Perception is some are good and some are bad

7) Development vs winning
    Reign - USSDA rules seem counter intuitive to development. Limited subs, lots of league travel, no high school play etc. Kids get benched and less play time (Yes this is true, ask parents). Reign wants to win and shuffles teams and kids to try to have a strong DA team and win. Coach specific training. Some better about building out of the back some coaches don't do it at all and just get forward.
    Crossfire - Kids get benched and get less play time but it is coach specific and team specific. Coach specific training environment and style. Some consistency to training style. Bernie wants to win. Kids get dropped off teams after many years which can be the kids fault or the clubs development plan.

8) Gender
    Reign - Only girls. Not a ton of history on college placements and YNT for girls. Time will tell.
    Crossfire - Boys and Girls. Perception is they only care about boys. However they have had hundreds of girls teams across many years and many college placements for girls. Some YNT placements.

9) Club Arrogance
    Reign: Palpable. We are the Reign and are challenging the status quo. lol.
    Crossfire: Oozing from the seams. We are the big elephant of WYS.

10) Cost Subsidy
    Reign- None
    Crossfire - Subsidizes costs for DA and ECNL

11) Charitable foundation
    Reign: None
    Crossfire: Crossfire foundation

12) Community involvement

13) Play fields
    Reign: Drug and needle park. (Calm down it's a joke based on the other thread)
    Crossfire: 60 acres and Marymoor.

14) Female coaches
    Reign: about 50% for the handful or coaches
    Crossfire: about 10% of the larger amount of coaches

Not exhaustive and I am sorry about that. Others please help fill in both pros and cons for both clubs. But it proves the point. The Reign is amazingly similar to all status quo clubs but takes more of our hard earned parent money and demands a big travel commitment and doesn't seem to be offering any better development or competition that the rest of the clubs. And from what the early season thread points out, is not playing any better or worse soccer than the status quo clubs.

So please help me understand how the Reign is challenging the status quo by employing a few more female coaches per capita. To me they are just a new club in Washington pitching elitism and taking money for it.
    Complete bull crap post

Comment

From a bystanders point of view, you definitely appear to have an ax to grind against Reign DA. Would you consider revealing your connection, while remaining anonymous? XF parent? Why are you angry at Reign academy or the parents who send their kids there?
      Odd to ask the poster for connection information unless you are a Reign coach pretending to be someone else and trying to root out unhappy families

Comment

Complete bull crap post
        Explain with more info and provide counter points. One liners serve no purpose.

Comment

Wow... SMH.......
          I think that was obviously meant as a joke since poster said they had no idea.

Comment

I have officiated a number of games this season , pspl npsl and rcl and can say without a doubt that the standard of soccer has dipped significantly in the last few years . The biggest question is where has the talent gone ? Has coaching standards lowered? Are we doing something very wrong in the kids development ? I’ll
            Leave you guys to figure that one out .

Comment

Explain with more info and provide counter points. One liners serve no purpose.
              Neither do long rants posting bad info. Much of the post is subjective, but that which is not subjective is just wrong. For instance this little nugget:

Reign - 2009 birth year - 9 and ten year olds. No younger academy that I know of.

I thought this was easy enough to check to see if the poster actually new what they were talking about:

Crossfire actually starts at 2011’s:

http://www.crossfiresoccer.org/teams/2019-20-boys/

I don’t plan on fact checking the rest, but if the poster can’t get this right...

Comment

Reign is on life support....period. If you don't believe that, then you are blind and gullible.

Comment

Lol the truth is that reign is at least as healthy as the gda overall.. and they're not on life support but certainly the future is still to be determined.

Reign is on life support....period. If you don't believe that, then you are blind and gullible.

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa. I think you are taking the extreme opposite side of bashing the Reign which is fandom. I pointed out some positives and some negatives in the club and observations at the younger and older ages at the start of the season. I think your extremism is misplaced. As parents we should be sharing information about all clubs so we can make more informed decisions. The Reign is the newbie(ish) on the block and deserves some scrutiny and discussion just like the other PSPL clubs and WYS clubs. Especially for the cost and commitment of the Reign. EFC obviously was bashed in the other thread. Crossfire has had its bashing and fandom moments in this forum, Valor had a whole thread. Eagleclaw has obviously had it's day in court. It's the Reigns turn and that is OK and worth discussing. Yes some take it to far on the bashing side and some take it to far (like you) on the fandom Reign can do nothing wrong side. So step down from your soap box and let's point out pros and cons like rational people.

One thing I have to completely disagree with you on is your status quo comment. You really think the Reign is challenging the status quo!!!!! Let's break that down for a moment. In my view the Reign is not only a part of the status quo but adding to the terrible nature of the status quo just the same as the WYS clubs are (once again we bash the WYS in other threads as well). The Reign is even more of the status quo then Crossfire. Let me break that down for you with a simple comparison of the Reign and Crossfire. And before you say it, No I am not a Crossfire fanboy but they are the most bashed status quo club so it's a fair comparison to prove my point that the Reign is contributing to the status quo the same as and in some cases more than others.

1) Pay to Play
                    Reign - The most expensive club in the state of Washington
                    Crossfire - Expensive but cheaper than the Reign

2) Tryouts
                    Reign - Discovery days where they stack rank kids over multiple days.
                    Crossfire- A couple days of tryouts where they stack rank kids over multiple days.

3) Age of stack ranking kids and cutting kids

4) Travel
                    Reign - Most travel of any club in Washington State for girls, All away DA games
                    Crossfire - Lots of travel as well to tournaments, ECNL for girls, surprisingly still has DA for boys.

5) Tournaments
                    Reign - Summer tournaments, Surf cup etc.
                    Crossfire - Summer tournaments, Surf Cup etc.

6) Coaching
                    Reign - Has licensed coaches. Perception is some are good and some are bad
                    Crossfire - Has licensed coaches. Perception is some are good and some are bad

7) Development vs winning
                    Reign - USSDA rules seem counter intuitive to development. Limited subs, lots of league travel, no high school play etc. Kids get benched and less play time (Yes this is true, ask parents). Reign wants to win and shuffles teams and kids to try to have a strong DA team and win. Coach specific training. Some better about building out of the back some coaches don't do it at all and just get forward.
                    Crossfire - Kids get benched and get less play time but it is coach specific and team specific. Coach specific training environment and style. Some consistency to training style. Bernie wants to win. Kids get dropped off teams after many years which can be the kids fault or the clubs development plan.

8) Gender
                    Reign - Only girls. Not a ton of history on college placements and YNT for girls. Time will tell.
                    Crossfire - Boys and Girls. Perception is they only care about boys. However they have had hundreds of girls teams across many years and many college placements for girls. Some YNT placements.

9) Club Arrogance
                    Reign: Palpable. We are the Reign and are challenging the status quo. lol.
                    Crossfire: Oozing from the seams. We are the big elephant of WYS.

10) Cost Subsidy
                    Reign- None
                    Crossfire - Subsidizes costs for DA and ECNL

11) Charitable foundation

12) Community involvement

13) Play fields
                    Reign: Drug and needle park. (Calm down it's a joke based on the other thread)
                    Crossfire: 60 acres and Marymoor.

14) Female coaches
                    Reign: about 50% for the handful or coaches
                    Crossfire: about 10% of the larger amount of coaches

Not exhaustive and I am sorry about that. Others please help fill in both pros and cons for both clubs. But it proves the point. The Reign is amazingly similar to all status quo clubs but takes more of our hard earned parent money and demands a big travel commitment and doesn't seem to be offering any better development or competition that the rest of the clubs. And from what the early season thread points out, is not playing any better or worse soccer than the status quo clubs.

So please help me understand how the Reign is challenging the status quo by employing a few more female coaches per capita. To me they are just a new club in Washington pitching elitism and taking money for it.
                    Most of your kids, including mine, will not play soccer after hs or definitely not a soccer scholarship. So, relax General Dad, enjoy the ride and time you spend with your little girl.
                    For you ulittle parents caught up on the club drama, hs years go really quick and good or rather bad chance your girl will quit club to focus on school and just play hs. Pretty quick kids, especially girls, realize that grades and test scores are what get you into college and scholarships. This is what clubs fear the most, so they increase the drama to keep you guys hooked to keep the dollars flowing.

No sour grapes here. Kid is a very high level player, but she realizes that this is a small part of her future. Still loves the game, but will not sacrifice education for soccer, if push comes to shove. She knows that she can get into most schools and maybe get a tip or slot with Ivies or academic D3, but if soccer interferes with her academic goals, she will just play for fun.
                    Good luck, parents. Do not let the clubs ruin your girl's childhood for little gain.

Comment

Most of your kids, including mine, will not play soccer after hs or definitely not a soccer scholarship. So, relax General Dad, enjoy the ride and time you spend with your little girl.
                      For you ulittle parents caught up on the club drama, hs years go really quick and good or rather bad chance your girl will quit club to focus on school and just play hs. Pretty quick kids, especially girls, realize that grades and test scores are what get you into college and scholarships. This is what clubs fear the most, so they increase the drama to keep you guys hooked to keep the dollars flowing.

No sour grapes here. Kid is a very high level player, but she realizes that this is a small part of her future. Still loves the game, but will not sacrifice education for soccer, if push comes to shove. She knows that she can get into most schools and maybe get a tip or slot with Ivies or academic D3, but if soccer interferes with her academic goals, she will just play for fun.
                      Good luck, parents. Do not let the clubs ruin your girl's childhood for little gain.

Best post I have seen on this forum . My son just recently quit playing due to poor money orientated coaching , and two faced parents who would throw their grandma under the bus to get that little bit ahead of the rest . What are we doing to our kids ?

Comment

I tried to follow the topic of the thread and generate a balanced comparison. Sorry if it came out one sided against the Reign but I thought it was mostly fair. I didn't think I came off as having an ax to grind against the Reign. I don't. But I do respond in kind to people saying things like the Club XYZ is challenging the status quo or providing some mythical elite development. Statements like that have nothing to do with helping us parents decide on where the best place to have our kids play is. I will always call that out whether it is the Reign or another club trying to make false claims.

On the XF female coach comment. I have no idea why they are mostly male and the ratio is better at the Reign. Maybe it's something subversive like Bernie hates women( I doubt it). Or maybe that's just the applicants that are attracted to a club. Or maybe the total number of coaches in Washington state are mostly male and that's all that apply for the job. Or maybe Bernie only hires his friends and no females to not anger his wife. No idea. Would love to see a statistical data set to generate some kind of factual data. That is probably a pipe dream.
                        Reign only made a big push for female coaches this year. They are using "female-led club" as a marketing tool. That's fine, because it's a good initiative anyway.

Comment

Neither do long rants posting bad info. Much of the post is subjective, but that which is not subjective is just wrong. For instance this little nugget:

I thought this was easy enough to check to see if the poster actually new what they were talking about:

Crossfire actually starts at 2011’s:

http://www.crossfiresoccer.org/teams/2019-20-boys/

I don’t plan on fact checking the rest, but if the poster can’t get this right...
                          Ok so thank you for presenting this damning evidence that my whole post is inaccurate....My XF statement clearly says they have younger kids than 2009. RCL is supposed to start "premier" soccer at the 2009 birth year age each year. Younger ages typically plays reduced leagues, scrimmages, academy games, friendlies, etc. This is dependent on how the WYS club handles their really young program. The rec feeders clubs are supposed to handle the younger in the WYS model but the premier clubs also realized families with young kids can write checks to them as well.

Here is the link to the Fall RCL schedule.

https://wys-19-20rcl.sportsaffinity....A0F&show=girls

So you can completely prove my ignorance. Can you point to the XF team in that link playing in RCL this Fall and is under 2009.

So you read the whole post a few times and that was what you decided to pull as a data point to call the whole post bull. Obviously you have an ax to grind against anyone saying anything negative about the Reign. I understand your frustration. I clearly pointed out negative aspects of XF (or similar to any WYS club) as well. I even highlighted the Reign has a higher female coach percentage which is a positive thing compared to XFs. The point was to show how just another youth club is the same as all the rest. Not "bring down the Reign". But I get it when you work there and feel passionate about it you have to defend it at all cost.

So how about this so you don't have to fact check everything. Let's just start at the top of the list. Here is your chance to prove I am the biggest idiot in the world.

Comparison Point one. I said the Reign DA program is the single most expensive place to play youth soccer in the state of Washington. Please post one single example to disprove that then we can move on.

Comment

I'm not the poster you're speaking to but just have to point out your obvious strawman argument. your comparison point is true of course, but reign DA being the most expensive soccer program doesn't mean it's the worst value.

the best value in girls soccer in WA is obviously XF ECNL. if you're good enough to get on that team it's free and you are pretty much guaranteed a D1 spot at the end. but is reign DA which immediately gets you national team looks and serious college interest a better value than say XF RCL3. of course it is. is it a better value than XF RCL1? maybe/probably. how about vs say SU ECNL or Eastside ECNL which aren't all that much cheaper? that's an interesting question without a clear answer but the fact that it can be debated means that Reign DA parents probably aren't overpaying by much if at all.

So how about this so you don't have to fact check everything. Let's just start at the top of the list. Here is your chance to prove I am the biggest idiot in the world.

Comparison Point one. I said the Reign DA program is the single most expensive place to play youth soccer in the state of Washington. Please post one single example to disprove that then we can move on.

Comment

I'm not the poster you're speaking to but just have to point out your obvious strawman argument. your comparison point is true of course, but reign DA being the most expensive soccer program doesn't mean it's the worst value.

the best value in girls soccer in WA is obviously XF ECNL. if you're good enough to get on that team it's free and you are pretty much guaranteed a D1 spot at the end. but is reign DA which immediately gets you national team looks and serious college interest a better value than say XF RCL3. of course it is. is it a better value than XF RCL1? maybe/probably. how about vs say SU ECNL or Eastside ECNL which aren't all that much cheaper? that's an interesting question without a clear answer but the fact that it can be debated means that Reign DA parents probably aren't overpaying by much if at all.
                              Thank you for your rational response. I agree with your assessment of value and the Reign. My point there was not to say the Reign has zero value just because it is expensive. Of course the Reign is providing a service for a cost and has value. In fact all of the ECNL programs are close to as expensive as the Reign. (Unless they are subsidized). The Reign is providing a service for a cost and has a value just like any club. That is up to the consumer to choose with their wallet. My point was to attempt to do a somewhat data oriented and somewhat subjective comparison against a club in the marketplace and specifically to counter the "challenge the status quo" statement that the Reign, or Reign parents, keep trying to force on to everyone.

Comment

Instead of posting rants about how bad one league or club is vs another, or listening to those who choose to opine about how nobody gets it’s beside themselves...

how’s your kids season going? (Back on topic)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X