Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start of the Fall Season

Lots of talk about PSPL vs RCL vs DA vs ECNL and competitiveness of clubs. How is everyone's season starting out after the mess that is summer tournaments.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lots of talk about PSPL vs RCL vs DA vs ECNL and competitiveness of clubs. How is everyone's season starting out after the mess that is summer tournaments.
    Looks like the Reign is having a tough start across the board. I thought this was the path to the National Team. :)

Ok Joking aside it is a new club and brand new teams always perform badly until the training and familiarity kicks in.

Click Reign in the drop down.
    http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...partialGames=1

PSPL G09
    http://psplsoccer.com/_element_displ...D1569440213494

PSPL G08
    http://psplsoccer.com/_element_displ...D1569440156391

PSPL G07 Pre-DA
    http://psplsoccer.com/_element_displ...D1569440139754

PSPL G05 Reserve
    http://psplsoccer.com/_element_displ...D1569440213494

Comment

Does anyone know how much those parents are paying? Ouch...
      Girls’ DA just needs to cut their losses and move on. Pre”DA” and “Academy” teams getting waxed in the PSPL? Is their plan to recruit players from the teams beating them?

Comment

Girls’ DA just needs to cut their losses and move on. Pre”DA” and “Academy” teams getting waxed in the PSPL? Is their plan to recruit players from the teams beating them?
        The oldest da team is undefeated and in first place, and the others are kind of middle of the pack at this point. The younger pre-da teams clearly aren’t very strong.

Comment

The oldest da team is undefeated and in first place, and the others are kind of middle of the pack at this point. The younger pre-da teams clearly aren’t very strong.
          So they recruit players over the years? Don’t try to fool me with “development”

Comment

They have at least 8 out of state travel weekends and will miss at least 8 days of school. This is not including the showcases. Only reason I can see doing this is if your dd is in the nt pool. Otherwise, better to have your kid get great grades and test scores. Traveling takes a toll on these kids. Double if you had to travel with them. Costs? Better just save for college tuition unless money isn't an issue for your family, which I suspect it is the case for many of these rich, white girls.

At my kid's school, I can not see them being too friendly or happy if my kid had to miss school for soccer, especially if she didn't play for the school. Just saying...

Comment

There are several other Reign bashing threads at this point, and it seems to always the the same couple people rehashing the same arguments about the same club that their kids don’t play for. Their non-DA teams are first year teams that were cobbled together after EFC bailed on its commitment to the Reign program, a year after SU did the same thing (I’m sure both clubs had reasons for doing so and that no one involved is blameless). The two oldest teams have quite a few kids who have chosen to stay there throughout the first four years of the program, so apparently a lot of those who are most familiar with the program are satisfied with the competition and the development and college opportunities they’ve found. They said, both Reign and DA generally have a lot of issues to work through if they want to be successful in the long term.

Comment

There are several other Reign bashing threads at this point, and it seems to always the the same couple people rehashing the same arguments about the same club that their kids don’t play for. Their non-DA teams are first year teams that were cobbled together after EFC bailed on its commitment to the Reign program, a year after SU did the same thing (I’m sure both clubs had reasons for doing so and that no one involved is blameless). The two oldest teams have quite a few kids who have chosen to stay there throughout the first four years of the program, so apparently a lot of those who are most familiar with the program are satisfied with the competition and the development and college opportunities they’ve found. They said, both Reign and DA generally have a lot of issues to work through if they want to be successful in the long term.
                So...how much are parents paying for “cobbled together” teams?

Lololololololololol

Comment

About the same as other parents are paying for their RCL C teams ..

So...how much are parents paying for “cobbled together” teams?

Lololololololololol

Comment

It seems like you are trying to defend a club that you don't play for either. Unless you are completely unaware of parents that are really upset with the Reign that play there but are sticking it out due to cost and difficulty finding a new team.

Not that I enjoy being the history police but SU left the partnership first then then EFC last.

Comment

I think about 10K when all is said and done. The club fee was posted previously at about 2500-2900 (I am to lazy to look it up). Then there is a 7K check you write them for the other costs and travel.

To be fair I think ECNL is just under that depending on team travel, XF subsidy etc.

Comment

I see the same pattern. The older teams obviously benefited from the EFC SU partnership and the 05 and up teams comprise about 40% EFC A team kids and 40% SU A team kids from a few years back. I still don't know what EFC and SU were thinking jumping on board with that. Maybe the DOCs are to dumb to realize what they were doing and the Reign capitalized on that.

The older teams would be extremely weak without that feeder. At the younger ages we are seeing what happens without the partnership. No feeder program and WYS clubs fighting to keep their kids away from the Reign.

Comment

Every club recruits players and every club has players that stick around forever taking up spots on teams and just being known and not developing. The Reign is no different. The older teams have kids that stick with the club because they are comfortable with the club and logistics. The Reign had a massive push this year to recruit because they were trying to fill out 1-2 teams across the other age years. Looks like they only filled about 5 extra teams. Which is still fairly good for a new club. Basically they recruited the kids way from PSPL and WYS clubs that were unhappy and cobbled together those 5 teams. My guess is the younger years will be a struggle for a while if they don't perform better than their peers, especially since the Reign is under a microscope in the club community right now. If they keep the kids and parents happy this year they will grow next year. If they piss off parents and kids then kids will leave and the club will stagnate. Time will tell.

Comment

It's too early in the season to count Reign Academy out. There are some strong new coaches this year.

That said, a slow start can't fully be attributed to weaknesses in development offered. Two years ago, they urged a bunch of girls at the 02 and 03 level not to try out because they probably wouldn't be asked back. They thought they'd be flooded with talent and guess what? Not many kids showed up to try out to replace the girls pushed out. A few others have left for ECNL so they can play HS, and we're arrived at the current situation where they've offered to let girls play HS in order to keep them, they're accused of poaching players etc I think only about half the U17 roster has been with Reign from the beginning to be "developed"

Comment

Strong Development program at Reign ended with the departure of first Tech Director Tracey Kevins

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X