Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m sure this will launch a new round of ECNL/academy bashing but I thought it was great seeing how many Oregon players got on the scoreboard this weekend:

S. Higenbotham - Westside/PSU
    M. Palmer - CU/Oregon
    J. Wormdahl - CU/Oregon
    M. Ellertson- Salmon Creek/WSU
    M. Weinart - CU/Oregon State

And in D2:
    J. Nyby - Eugene Timbers/Concordia
    H. Leavens - Westside/Concordia

I’m glad to see Oregon players having success at next level no matter where they came from. Who did I miss?
    4 Onyx players had goals this weekend!

Comment

So someone’s daughter is playing college soccer so mom has nothing better to do than come on an anonymous chat room and try to brag? Nothing at all better to do?

Pretty sad. If you are happy, don’t worry what other people think. You aren’t impressing anyone here.

For god sakes if your daughter is on college get off this chat room.
      Why do you care?

Comment

Why do you care?
        Nobody outside of you cares, that's the point. Get it.

Comment

Irrevelent

This thread makes me realize how irreverent women's soccer is at the college level. If this was football or basketball they would be on the local news station.

Right or wrong no one cares about college sports outside of football, basketball and somewhat baseball. Womens soccer isn't the only sport, water polo, crew, mens soccer.

Comment

This thread makes me realize how irreverent women's soccer is at the college level. If this was football or basketball they would be on the local news station.

Right or wrong no one cares about college sports outside of football, basketball and somewhat baseball. Womens soccer isn't the only sport, water polo, crew, mens soccer.
            College baseball is only locally relevant because the Beavers have won three college world series, and sent a ton of top-flight players to the majors.

Otherwise, it's just another metal-bat game. Which is a far worse sin against the gods of sport than playing soccer on turf. And like soccer, most of the best players with pro potential skip college--the main reason the "revenue sports" make money is because top young prospects have to serve an unpaid internship at a university before the NBA or the NFL will give them a shot.

Comment

Let's see how the Thorns commits are doing at the next level:

Rasmussen (D1 Colorado College) - started all 3 games (all wins).
              Benedetti (D1 Seattle U) - started all 4 games (2 wins, 1 loss, 1 tie).
              Warta (D2 Regis U) - no official games played yet and no results for exhibition games
              Coll (D1 Oregon) - not playing soccer in college
              Roggow (D2 Northwest Nazarine) - started in both exhibition games (1 win 1 loss)
              Lacey (D1 Oregon) - no starts. Played in 4 games averaging about 25 minutes per game. 1 goal (2 wins 1 loss 1 tie)
              Rosenfeld (D1 Stanford) - not playing soccer in college

The rest of the list (6 players) are all class of 2020.

So to recap:

Thorns website lists 24 college commits. Actual list is 13. 7 from class of 2019. 2 of those 7 not playing soccer in college. The 5 seem to be doing well. And then 6 from class of 2020.

Not disparaging what any of these girls are doing, but I also don't see any huge success rate above what "regular" Oregon players like the ones from Westside, Salmon Creek, and other TA clubs are doing, and I certainly don't see this as a more successful outcome than what CU and FCP have done the last few years.

Comment

Nice recap. Can some of the ecnl and oysa parents do a recap of ecnl and oysa players? At least in D1? Too many of you include the rest.

Comment

Nice recap. Can some of the ecnl and oysa parents do a recap of ecnl and oysa players? At least in D1? Too many of you include the rest.
                  Why? Nobody cares except s few parents bragging. Why brag here?

Comment

We need to print out and sell bumper-stickers that say "My Child is a Division 1 Student Athlete". With this crowd, will make a killing.

Comment

We need to print out and sell bumper-stickers that say "My Child is a Division 1 Student Athlete". With this crowd, will make a killing.
                      Better Bumper Sticker,

Yes, I'm proud to be paying full tuition, books, transportation + Room n Board.
                      Since my kid is a title ix student athlete byproduct, in the activity of Women's Soccer.

Equal opportunity payer. We make a killing so it's worth it.

Comment

Better Bumper Sticker,

Since my kid is a title ix student athlete byproduct, in the activity of Women's Soccer.

More honest, but drivers behind will have to squint to read it.

Comment

Better Bumper Sticker,

Maybe this applies to some, but not our family. D1 player, out of state tuition, room/board, 5K+ meal plan, books, 2k tax credit, no help from parents towards all that (just 350ish r/t airfare for holiday/summer visits home) and incidentals here and there. Her loan for the first year was under 3500. I’ll stick with the school mascot bumper sticker.

Comment

I’m sure this will launch a new round of ECNL/academy bashing but I thought it was great seeing how many Oregon players got on the scoreboard this weekend:

S. Higenbotham - Westside/PSU
                            M. Palmer - CU/Oregon
                            J. Wormdahl - CU/Oregon
                            M. Ellertson- Salmon Creek/WSU
                            M. Weinart - CU/Oregon State

And in D2:
                            J. Nyby - Eugene Timbers/Concordia
                            H. Leavens - Westside/Concordia

I’m glad to see Oregon players having success at next level no matter where they came from. Who did I miss?
                            3 Onyx girls representing and missed 3 others that received media attention

Comment

Crossfire United ECNL class of '19 commits:

Friesen - University of Nevada/Reno: 4 games played, 1 start, averaging about 30-40 minutes, team is 1-3.

Peters - Stony Brook University: Team has played 4 games, she has not appeared in any.

Choate - D3 George Fox University: Team has played 2 games, she has not appeared in either.

Tetz - Oregon State: Team is 3-0, she appeared in two for a total of 14 minutes playing time.

Fendrich - D3 University of Redlands: Team is 2-0. She started both games and has one goal.

Bzewski - University of North Dakota: Team is 2-1-1. She has not appeared in any games.

Kirshten - Illinois State University: Team is 1-2. She has one start and one assist and averaging about 40 minutes/game.

Wiltshire - Mt. Royal University: Team hasn't played yet

Walters - Jackson State University: Team is 2-3. She has not appeared in any games.

Gonzales - D2 Western Oregon: Team hasn't played yet.

Anderson - Grand Canyon University: Team is 1-3. 4 starts, 2 goals, has played every minute.

Masters - D3 Lesley University: Team is 1-0. Didn't appear in first game.

My summary:

Thorns freshmen seem to be having more immediate success in college. It's very early so who knows how that shakes out over a season. But every Crossfire listed commit is enrolled in college and rostered on the team they commited to, so CU wins the honesty and transparency award by a mile, and has more 2019 commits than Thorns.

Comment

Crossfire United ECNL class of '19 commits:

Friesen - University of Nevada/Reno: 4 games played, 1 start, averaging about 30-40 minutes, team is 1-3.

Peters - Stony Brook University: Team has played 4 games, she has not appeared in any.

Choate - D3 George Fox University: Team has played 2 games, she has not appeared in either.

Tetz - Oregon State: Team is 3-0, she appeared in two for a total of 14 minutes playing time.

Fendrich - D3 University of Redlands: Team is 2-0. She started both games and has one goal.

Bzewski - University of North Dakota: Team is 2-1-1. She has not appeared in any games.

Kirshten - Illinois State University: Team is 1-2. She has one start and one assist and averaging about 40 minutes/game.

Wiltshire - Mt. Royal University: Team hasn't played yet

Walters - Jackson State University: Team is 2-3. She has not appeared in any games.

Gonzales - D2 Western Oregon: Team hasn't played yet.

Anderson - Grand Canyon University: Team is 1-3. 4 starts, 2 goals, has played every minute.

Masters - D3 Lesley University: Team is 1-0. Didn't appear in first game.

My summary:

Thorns freshmen seem to be having more immediate success in college. It's very early so who knows how that shakes out over a season. But every Crossfire listed commit is enrolled in college and rostered on the team they commited to, so CU wins the honesty and transparency award by a mile, and has more 2019 commits than Thorns.
                                Summary:
                                You have serious issues that you actually took the time to look that up

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X