• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NN 1
    East Boston 0

BSL rolls along

Comment

0-0 at half between Brockton and Braintree. It only seems like a matter of time for Brockton. No clear cut great chances for Brockton but they’re threatening. I have absolutely no idea how Braintree grabs a goal in this one unless something changes. I have to think if they can keep it at 0-0 for the first 20 min of second half then the pressure builds for Brockton and maybe they can hang on and get to pens.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        0-0 at half between Brockton and Braintree. It only seems like a matter of time for Brockton. No clear cut great chances for Brockton but they’re threatening. I have absolutely no idea how Braintree grabs a goal in this one unless something changes. I have to think if they can keep it at 0-0 for the first 20 min of second half then the pressure builds for Brockton and maybe they can hang on and get to pens.
        Update???

Comment

I hope Nauset and Milford play for the D2 south title. Let the oldest team with the most recruited/transfer students win.
          Ha! Clever. I love it!

Comment

Update???
            0-0 at the end of regulation. Much better second half from Braintree. Both sides hit the cross bar from distance that had the goalies beat. Looks like Braintree made a slight adjustment and isn’t playing their striker as high up the field and he was much more involved. I still think Brockton is more likely to score but now Braintree is creating throw ins and corners and they look dangerous in those.

Comment

Still tied in Brockton. Going to double ot

Comment

Somerville 2 AB 0

Lexington 3 Revere 0

Sets up two really good second round matchups in Somerville vs. LS and Medford vs. Lexington

Comment

Still tied in Brockton. Going to double ot
                  Brockton with the winner with 3:21 left. Great shot from top left of the box. Curled it around the keeper. The better team won this one.

Comment

about half the teams for the quarter finals both north and south are returning. That's a pretty good sign for some strong programs.

Comment

Scituate 2 DS 1. PK winner
                      Norwell 1 MV 0 on last min PK

Seems like 1 and 2 seeds weaker than the 3 and 4 seeds....
                      Our tougher first round games

Comment

Brockton with the winner with 3:21 left. Great shot from top left of the box. Curled it around the keeper. The better team won this one.
                        Weymouth choked and let Braintree in but Brockton took care of business.

Comment

Weymouth choked and let Braintree in but Brockton took care of business.
                          Someone is butthurt over Weymouth......
                          The good news is you can come watch them play SL now that your team is out.

Comment

I suspect a bias when you mock any undefeated team (Lynn English) as a million to one at this point of the season. Good to know when assessing your future opinions.
                            LMAO. Adios.

Comment

Andover is dangerous. Although, I'm picking SJP, I wouldn't put it past Andover to pull off the upset.

But it could also be one of those games where SJP wins easy, by 4 or 5 goals.

Comment

Okay let’s focus on the first round match ups and information about those teams rather than just hating on one team or another.

2. Xaverian vs 15. BC High- if I am Xaverian I am disappointed to have drawn a league rival only because they managed to tie for second place in the league. BC high has been playing pretty well to end the season but Xaverian has been more consistent. I believe that Xaverian will come out on top.

Xaverian wins 2-1

3. Brockton vs 14. Braintree- so the issue and concern I have here is neither team has really faced a team like the other. Braintree plays a tougher schedule and won some impressive games down the stretch. Meanwhile brocktons wins this year haven’t been too impressive and there losses are surprising.

Braintree wins 1-0

4. Silver Lake vs 13 Marshfield- so this is a very interesting match up. Silver lake has racked up wins against a below par league while Marshfield found themselves in a weird spot without a league and picking up new games. I think silver lakes terrible and very narrow grass field will keep this game very tight.

Silver lake wins 2-1 in PKs

5. Weymouth vs 12 Wellesley- terrible draw for both these teams, 3rd year running bay state rivals will play in the first round. Year 1 Wellesley was upset in PKs at Wellesley, year 2 Wellesley huge favorites won 2-1 at home on OT, year 3 Weymouth is the higher seed with home field advantage and are the superior team. I think Weymouth in the past can defensively shut teams down and now this years team is scoring goals. Good combo.

Weymouth wins 3-1

6. Natick vs 11. Franklin- I apologize but I know nothing about Franklin at all but they are in for a tough match up against Natick. Natick is a very good team that is well organized and can create chances.

Natick wins 2-0

7. New Bedford vs 10. King Phillip- New Bedford is a very raw team with some big boys leading the line up front. Again I know nothing about the Hock teams but seeing New Bedford match up against Wellesley I expect New Bedford size and athleticism to be a huge challenge for king Phillip.

New Bedford wins 3-1

8. Barnstable vs 9 Hingham- Hingham has been so hit or miss all year with their results. They’ve had a downward trend toward the playoffs which dropped them to the 9 seed. I think Hingham pulls the upset here.

Hingham wins 2-1 in OT

QuarterFinals

1. Needham 3
                                9. Hingham 0

4. Silver Lake 1
                                5. Weymouth 2

2. Xaverian 2
                                7. New Bedford 1

6. Natick 2
                                14. Braintree 1

Semifinals
                                1. Needham
                                5. Weymouth

2. Xaverian
                                6. Natick

Not making any predictions on the semifinals or finals yet. Want to see more of those teams play in the tournament first.

So touching back on my predictions of the south, was pretty much spot on most of the games. Yes that’s a humble brag.

Very surprising about Natick going out to Franklin.

Braintree gave Brockton a real scare and almost took it into penalty’s.

Next round match ups

1. Needham vs 9 Hingham - so congrats to Hingham for winning game 1 now you get to travel to Needham and get absolutely throttled 4-0. Thanks for coming

4. Silver Lake vs 5 Weymouth - so congrats to silver lake for winning game 1. Now you get to play a Weymouth team who throttled you earlier this year 3-0 and didn’t allow you a single shot.

Weymouth vs Needham semifinals here we go!!

3. Brockton vs 11. Franklin - should be another tight game but I do expect Brockton to take care of business at the end of it. I say Brockton wins 2-1 with Franklin scrapping for a late goal.

2. Xaverian vs 7. New Bedford - this should be the best game of the bunch, two very evenly matched teams here. New Bedford plays a 4-2-4 and play very direct, it’s something that will challenge Xaverian in the back. Counter attacks will be huge here for Xaverian. I think Xaverian will be able to adjust and win a close win 2-1 after PKs

This will set up semifinals

1. Needham vs 5. Weymouth

2. Xaverian vs 3. Brockton

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X