Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Trapped players

While most 2005G will play HS, there are those who are not (Oct-Dec born). Thanks again US soccer......

Club is shut down until HS season is over.

No fall soccer for these Oct-Dec born kids...

Suggestions for them if they want to play soccer (and not just train)?

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    while most 2005g will play hs, there are those who are not (oct-dec born). Thanks again us soccer......

Club is shut down until hs season is over.

No fall soccer for these oct-dec born kids...

da .

Comment

My daughter is in that situation next year. Probably take a shot at DA.

Comment

DA wants older year group players preferably born January-June (first six months).

DA not answer for younger/smaller trapped players. And DA spots VERY limited...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          DA wants older year group players preferably born January-June (first six months).

What the...huh?

Expect for the "limited", which is subjective (i.e. if you can play there's a spot for you), the rest of your post makes no sense.

Comment

What the...huh?

Expect for the "limited", which is subjective (i.e. if you can play there's a spot for you), the rest of your post makes no sense.
            Makes total sense... eliminate half the pool of competitors for his/her daughter

Comment

US soccer at it’s best...

Christian Pulisic’s birthday is September 18

Leo Messi is June 24th but was considered too small as a kid

How many players have been pushed out of soccer because they were considered too small or too young?

Comment

US soccer at it’s best...

Christian Pulisic’s birthday is September 18

Leo Messi is June 24th but was considered too small as a kid

How many players have been pushed out of soccer because they were considered too small or too young?
                Not understanding the point here. Nobody gets pushed out due to their age.

If you can play, you'll play.

You Chicken Littles are hilarious

Comment

Not understanding the point here. Nobody gets pushed out due to their age.

If you can play, you'll play.

You Chicken Littles are hilarious
                  I was referring to the previous poster who said that the DA only wants players from born from January to June because they don’t want younger/smaller players. By that person’s logic the DA would have passed on Pulisic and Messi bc of their birthday and size. I agree with you, just base it all on ability.

Comment

I was referring to the previous poster who said that the DA only wants players from born from January to June because they don’t want younger/smaller players. By that person’s logic the DA would have passed on Pulisic and Messi bc of their birthday and size. I agree with you, just base it all on ability.
                    Yep, I didn't mean to quote your reply, just Mr. Littles

Comment

The trapped player issue is a totally unnecessary issue created by US Soccer and their ill-conceived birth year mandate, which is killing soccer in this country.

It's causing the one third of kids born in Sept - Dec to have no team to play with in the fall of the 8th grade and causing similar issues in the 12th grade. It hurts these kids when it comes to college recruiting, because of the confusion it causes college coaches. Not to mention that soccer registration is down 25% since the mandate went into place, likely because young kids want to play sports with their same-grade classmates.

The birth year mandate creates issues and offers no benefits. It all just shows how inept US Soccer is. It's no wonder we can't qualify for a world cup. Nothing would benefit this country more than having the Federation just go away.

Comment

The birth year mandate creates issues and offers no benefits. It all just shows how inept US Soccer is. It's no wonder we can't qualify for a world cup. Nothing would benefit this country more than having the Federation just go away.
                        It was actually put in place to align with the rest of the world.

Comment

It was actually put in place to align with the rest of the world.
                          But they didn’t account (or didn’t care) for the fact that Europe is a club based system rather than a school based system. Because the US is a mix of the two, they’ve ended up with this very foreseeable problem.

Declining soccer registration is real and the age system is a big part of it as well as the fact that kids are being forced into hyper-competitive and expensive programs at younger and younger ages.

Comment

While most 2005G will play HS, there are those who are not (Oct-Dec born). Thanks again US soccer......

Club is shut down until HS season is over.

No fall soccer for these Oct-Dec born kids...

You must be a from a small club because our club offers trapped players
                            training with girls who do not want to play hs. We had a plan B if my dd
                            didn't want to play hs after this year.
                            1. Join futsal program where you can play against boys.
                            2. Ask to practice with the boys for increased speed of play.
                            3. Scrimmage on a boy's team.
                            4. Work on her endurance and speed.

Honestly, if you haven't thought about it by now, you are probably
                            a troll or just an idiot. But hey, I could be wrong.

Comment

You must be a from a small club because our club offers trapped players
                              training with girls who do not want to play hs. We had a plan B if my dd
                              didn't want to play hs after this year.
                              1. Join futsal program where you can play against boys.
                              2. Ask to practice with the boys for increased speed of play.
                              3. Scrimmage on a boy's team.
                              4. Work on her endurance and speed.

Honestly, if you haven't thought about it by now, you are probably
                              a troll or just an idiot. But hey, I could be wrong.
                              You offer some good advice and then end it by acting like a jackass. Totally unnecessary, I hope you feel better now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X