SWC boys this year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Pomperaug won 2-1 on a crazy header goal off a throw-in from the corner with 27 seconds left. Crazy.

I noticed on Pomperaug's schedule that they had back to back forfeits this season. Anyone know what happened? That'll impact their Class L tourney seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So Pomperaug won 2-1 on a crazy header goal off a throw-in from the corner with 27 seconds left. Crazy.

I noticed on Pomperaug's schedule that they had back to back forfeits this season. Anyone know what happened? That'll impact their Class L tourney seeding.
      Starting keeper had a tryout for a Regional team in Westchester which violates CIAC rules. He also participates in ODP.

Stupid rule!

Comment

Starting keeper had a tryout for a Regional team in Westchester which violates CIAC rules. He also participates in ODP.

Stupid rule!
        But it is the rule and it's well known. Any player who is uncertain should consult the rule book and their school's AD.

Comment

Stupid rule!
          Who reported the violation? And what does the fact that he does ODP have to do with anything?

Comment

Stupid rule!
            Whether the rule is stupid or not is irrelevant. The kid and parents were stupid. Everyone knows the rules. My kid did ODP and premier and coaches made it clear no activities outside of high school allowed beyond visits to colleges (cleared through school AD).

Comment

Who reported the violation? And what does the fact that he does ODP have to do with anything?
              You are right.
              Odp starts after the high school season.

Comment

High school sports and politics. Not so much about student safety. Move along....

Comment

Does ODP run in the fall for younger players? If hes a younger freshman he might have done ODP. A few years ago a freshman at Bridgeport had played club and the forfeited games killed their state run.

Granted no HS aged club teams really operate in the fall but the rule is there for a reason - to avoid burnout. If your team is still in it at this point they're already banged up and running on fumes

Comment

Whether the rule is stupid or not is irrelevant. The kid and parents were stupid. Everyone knows the rules. My kid did ODP and premier and coaches made it clear no activities outside of high school allowed beyond visits to colleges (cleared through school AD).

ABC. Always Be Checking. Even for college visits like you say. Both or boys and girls coaches at our school beat the rule into parents and player's heads from day 1. Coaches should never assume everyone knows about it, but ultimately it's up to families to follow it. I also remember one club coach at the end of 8th grade tell players don't even set foot on our fields in the fall until your high school team is 100% finished

Comment

ODP participation is irrelevant- he’s a 2002 Junior. Participation is after the HS season has ended.

This is a clear case why is is always best to play for Academy and leave the high school sports to town travel and less talented club players.

Comment

ODP participation is irrelevant- he’s a 2002 Junior. Participation is after the HS season has ended.

This is a clear case why is is always best to play for Academy and leave the high school sports to town travel and less talented club players.
                        Ha! Hardly. And if your kid is DA why are you posting on a HS thread?

If he's a junior he knows the rules. Maybe he didn't think anyone would notice at a NY club. Lucky it was regular season and not playoffs but a dumb thing to do regardless

Comment

Sounds like another punt, kick, and hope Soccer dad. Kick it long.....

Comment

Yeah, because BS and OW are so amazing. Can't wait until MLS ditches you girlies next year. Then what will you say?

Comment

I’d say sorry to your son that he wouldn’t be able to play HS soccer anymore because kids with actual talent will now be able to play. But then again, I’m sure your son can play rec soccer. Shouldn’t be much different than CFC or FSA.

Comment

I’d say sorry to your son that he wouldn’t be able to play HS soccer anymore because kids with actual talent will now be able to play. But then again, I’m sure your son can play rec soccer. Shouldn’t be much different than CFC or FSA.
                                Loser DA dad troll. Knows his kid has missed out in HS experiences so he can play at Endicott

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X