Baby boomer! I’ll go to war? Will you?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Baby boomer! I’ll go to war? Will you?
      Sorry I got bone spurs in my heels

Comment

Sorry I got bone spurs in my heels
        The article isn’t about Trump, it’s about Rapinoe and many others like her, and it is spot on. In basically every country in the world she would not have had anywhere near the same opportunities that she has had here. Trump is extremely grateful to be an American. Rapinoe and ALL of those like her are welcome to leave my country at anytime!

Comment

The article isn’t about Trump, it’s about Rapinoe and many others like her, and it is spot on. In basically every country in the world she would not have had anywhere near the same opportunities that she has had here. Trump is extremely grateful to be an American. Rapinoe and ALL of those like her are welcome to leave my country at anytime!
          One of the opportunities she is afforded is the right to speak up and/or protest. What part of that did you miss during your civics class in high school?

Not all of us want to be blind sheep like yourself.

Comment

Has Trump invited the team to the White House or is he ungrateful for the work they accomplished on the field in the World for America?

Comment

Who gives a crap about what a bunch of crazy fundamentalist christians post on their website. Read some of the other articles on the "persecution" of christians, and how the border wall is "biblical and historically american". Best thing about this "christian" website - how it has all the pop-up ads. Apparently spreading god's word is only worthwhile if you can make a buck while doing it.

Comment

No one says she can't protest and complain all she wants. But, she is playing on a team pay for by USSF members and other Americans. She does not own the platform she is speaking on. She represents the entire country, not just her personal interests. If she worked at Wendy's, she would be fired if she protest in the dining room against meat. Keep politics out of the game. USSF needs to impose strict behavior rules on their players. Viewership in 2015 was 25.4mil, this year viewership was 14.3mil. Wonder why?

Comment

No one says she can't protest and complain all she wants. But, she is playing on a team pay for by USSF members and other Americans. She does not own the platform she is speaking on. She represents the entire country, not just her personal interests. If she worked at Wendy's, she would be fired if she protest in the dining room against meat. Keep politics out of the game. USSF needs to impose strict behavior rules on their players. Viewership in 2015 was 25.4mil, this year viewership was 14.3mil. Wonder why?
                  why ???because in 2015 it was prime time ( held in Canada) and not 8 am in the morning ( California time)...

Comment

why do you think people have no opportunities in other countries? there are people succeeding in every walk of like in many other countries of the world. I don't understand why she has to be grateful for "opportunities"? if she were french, she would be on the french national team. what opportunity does she have here, that she would not have as an elite player in say france? if you are saying she should be grateful to be in a first world national and not in senegal, yes, of course, be grateful to God for that, but what does that have to do with the united states?

Comment

One of the opportunities she is afforded is the right to speak up and/or protest. What part of that did you miss during your civics class in high school?

Not all of us want to be blind sheep like yourself.
                      How come she is afforded the right to speak up and/or protest while others are condemned for disagreeing with her stance? Seems to me it's a double standard. The same people who spoke out against Tim Tebow kneeling applaud the loadest for Kapernick. Who is right or wrong? You can't cherry-pick a person's rights over another. That was taught in civics class. The examples are endless. It just comes down to one thing. The world has become too soft and everybody is offended by something. Get over yourselves, you're not as important as you think you are.

Comment

How come she is afforded the right to speak up and/or protest while others are condemned for disagreeing with her stance? Seems to me it's a double standard. The same people who spoke out against Tim Tebow kneeling applaud the loadest for Kapernick. Who is right or wrong? You can't cherry-pick a person's rights over another. That was taught in civics class. The examples are endless. It just comes down to one thing. The world has become too soft and everybody is offended by something. Get over yourselves, you're not as important as you think you are.
                        You're confusing upholding someone's right to express their opinion with the consequences people experience when they do so. I have no problem with people expressing opinions I disagree with and have stood up for people's right to do so even when I thought they were wrong.

But if, for example, someone says they think people of color shouldn't be able to serve in Congress, I'm going to call them out for being racist and ignorant of our system of government. There are consequences for our words and deeds.

I gather Rapinoe and Kaepernick know full well the consequences of expressing a provocative opinion. Too bad other people think they should be able to say and do whatever they want without risking public criticism, which is most definitely a potential consequence.

You open your mouth, you better be able to accept the reaction and not whine about being persecuted if your opinion turns out to be an unpopular one.

Comment

i agree too much sensitivity and young people seeing "micro aggressions" in everything. but, question, did you find the president's recent tweets racist? is calling his tweet racist being overly sensitive? because there i would disagree with you.

Comment

i agree too much sensitivity and young people seeing "micro aggressions" in everything.
                            It's not just young people.

Comment

All have the right to protest, but these people picked a stupid and lazy way to do it. Stupid because their actions can be easily misinterpreted as disrespectful and unpatriotic. Lazy because it took virtually no effort on their part. They would all be taken more seriously if they organized a rally, a march, or a letter writing campaign. But they took the "easy" way and opened themselves up for well-deserved criticism.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X