Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, but lets keep letting USSF run the roost and doing business as usual .... it is not iup to any governing body to make the players great ... it is up to the kids. Stop taking from your own ranks when you have no evaluation process or system for the masses .... let them figure it out on their own and then find them. USSF certainly not capable of training world greats, so they should stop trying and picking only their sorry progeny.
    Not sure I get this?

Comment

Not sure I get this?
      Of course you don't, homer; neither does USSF.

Comment

Of course you don't, homer; neither does USSF.
        Yeah I guess not.

Comment

If part of the issue for our poor performance is a lack of soccer culture, then it should matter to the few who are passionate about the game. You seem to take the defeatist attitude, which gets us nowhere. "Screw football fans. We don't need them"
          You can't develop a culture with boring, brutish, thugs who are unentertaining to watch. You want to become more popular without showcasing enviable skills, then allow fighting. In hockey, you can either play and be dazzling, or you can be the enforcer ... the crowds love both. Being mediocre in terms of skill is not worthy of the public's money .... and i would hardly call US Men's soccer mediocre. Watching Mexico kill the US a few months ago it was said how entertaining Mexican players were and ours were so mundane and inept. Put out a good product and find a superstar on the national stage and kids will tune in and watch ... but they need that homegrown connection that makes them dream that they can do the same ..... and work hard to achieve it. Our current system will never allow one of those to get produced ... NEVER .... which is why no one in the world does this. To an earlier poster's post ...... stop playing on pristine turf fields ..... the best in the world can play on the moon where the surface is hardly enviable .... they got that good because it was in places like that they played every day.

Comment

You don't need football fans.
            I love football (NFL and NCAA) .... I love basketball .... hockey too .... I love baseball .... high level diving, swimming, gymnastics ..... heck, I watched bowling one Saturday because the guys was perfect through his first 5 frames .... we will watch anything competitive. Why can't we attract fans that love other sports .... all sports. I am sure tons of international soccer fans also love other sports like cricket, baseball, basketball ...... it's not us or them, and, like it or not, if you don't attract them to our sport, then our sport is doomed since we are such a small minority in this country. One of the biggest problems is that soccer just doesnt have a seasonal identity here. Summer is baseball, fall is football, winter is bball, and then comes basketball and march madness from winter into spring .... rinse and repeat.

Comment

Ny gda

I love football (NFL and NCAA) .... I love basketball .... hockey too .... I love baseball .... high level diving, swimming, gymnastics ..... heck, I watched bowling one Saturday because the guys was perfect through his first 5 frames .... we will watch anything competitive. Why can't we attract fans that love other sports .... all sports. I am sure tons of international soccer fans also love other sports like cricket, baseball, basketball ...... it's not us or them, and, like it or not, if you don't attract them to our sport, then our sport is doomed since we are such a small minority in this country. One of the biggest problems is that soccer just doesnt have a seasonal identity here. Summer is baseball, fall is football, winter is bball, and then comes basketball and march madness from winter into spring .... rinse and repeat.

i agree with everything until you mentioned soccer, football, baseball are sports...they are not, they are games!!!! :)

Comment

You are not all people. Sports fans range from rabid for any sport ,(you) all the way down to, "I'll watch the Super Bowl at a party' but I'm there for the wings.' Most will enjoy certain sports or teams but only have so much time and attention to give to certain sports or teams.

Comment

Perfect:

We play the game every weekend on every patch of grass or artificial turf in America, to the cacophony of parents screaming from their lawn chairs to “booooot it.” But we don’t live the game. We don’t breathe it, digest it, feel it, think it, love it. We don’t consume it and let it consume us. Grandma doesn’t scream, “Refereeeee,” (or worse) at the TV.

Soccer practice is like piano lessons. Tuesdays and Thursday, 4 to 5:30. Then we close the piano cover and go home, and the music stops.
                  Stealing my stolen lines?? My extract was better, loser:

The problem is simple: We’re a soccer-playing nation, not a soccer nation. There’s a difference.

Comment

Stealing my stolen lines?? My extract was better, loser:

The problem is simple: We’re a soccer-playing nation, not a soccer nation. There’s a difference.
                    What do you want, a gold star? Your quote is society in general, the other shows how families and kids think about soccer, an activity.

Comment

All US youth soccer Parents need to read this

Comment

Ny gda

What do you want, a gold star? Your quote is society in general, the other shows how families and kids think about soccer, an activity.
                        wrong...alot bs on ts about us soccer not doing a good job developing for many many different reasons....if your reasoning is that its just "an activity" why would anyone care about us soccer? people do care (not that it matters) because as the guy says we are not a soccer 1st country, we never were, we are not now and we never will be.

Comment

wrong...alot bs on ts about us soccer not doing a good job developing for many many different reasons....if your reasoning is that its just "an activity" why would anyone care about us soccer? people do care (not that it matters) because as the guy says we are not a soccer 1st country, we never were, we are not now and we never will be.
                          Exactly, that guy is mad at me because I steal the truth from other writers, the nerve...

Comment

Ny gda

Exactly, that guy is mad at me because I steal the truth from other writers, the nerve...
                            I have a comrade that agrees with me? Holy SH_t, I thought I was special and/or the only smart one on TS :)

Comment

Just a question, how does any of this Fury nonsense help clubs like NYSC keep their customers thinking GDA is a competitive league? Clearly they have players using the loophole as well. I can't believe anyone would think that any club that allows players to come and go whenever they like, is worth having their kid play at

Comment

Just a question, how does any of this Fury nonsense help clubs like NYSC keep their customers thinking GDA is a competitive league? Clearly they have players using the loophole as well. I can't believe anyone would think that any club that allows players to come and go whenever they like, is worth having their kid play at
                                Other clubs use the legal loophole, just not putting players in their rosters until high school is done. Unless proven otherwise those players aren't doing HS and GDA at the same time. Fury didn't do that. You are right that it doesn't help the league's credibility. At least there was a crackdown.
                                But I would have suspended players for more games and forfeited all prior games they played in rather than games moving forward. That sends a real message

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X