High School Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which D1 boys team presents the biggest problem for Bedford? Looking at the scores the Bedford D looks real solid. Does anyone see any team keeping them from a repeat?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Working the all state ballot I see. Nice work Exeter GK dad
      No, I'm actually a parent of a kid from a school I didn't mention.

Comment

Which D1 boys team presents the biggest problem for Bedford? Looking at the scores the Bedford D looks real solid. Does anyone see any team keeping them from a repeat?
        Didn't see it, but looks like Central gave them a battle. Guessing it will be a re-match in the final (last year's was probably the best high school game I've ever seen) which Central certainly has enough talent to pull it off. If any other one or two teams are in the final , good for them, but it would be a fluke.

Comment

Purely based on results, in D1 and D2 play it looks like there are clear stand out teams except for D2 boys.

Bedford boys look to have lock in D1. Central or Hanover may still give them a run but doubtful. By beating Londonderry the Exeter girls made clear case they are team to beat in D1 girls. It might be Londonderry that has only shot at beating them.

Hanover girls beating Bow at away game shows they are clearly the top squad in D2 girls. Thought Bow might be a contender but loss shows it's Hanover's division to lose. D2 boys is hard to figure out and might be up for grabs.

Comment

Purely based on results, in D1 and D2 play it looks like there are clear stand out teams except for D2 boys.

Bedford boys look to have lock in D1. Central or Hanover may still give them a run but doubtful. By beating Londonderry the Exeter girls made clear case they are team to beat in D1 girls. It might be Londonderry that has only shot at beating them.

Hanover girls beating Bow at away game shows they are clearly the top squad in D2 girls. Thought Bow might be a contender but loss shows it's Hanover's division to lose. D2 boys is hard to figure out and might be up for grabs.
            Respectfully disagree on the Hanover comment. Bow's coach is a knucklehead. He started and played seniors that arguably shouldn't have been on the field at all let alone the amount of time they played, and he played them significant minutes. How does a coach who is playing for the top seed against the other top team, not play his best 11 players the whole game?? If HS soccer is about everyone plays and have fun then turn off the scoreboard. They should have done senior night the week before not against the top team in the division. You play to win and that means your 11 best players, period. Not very good coaching when you let the same girls score three headers off corners in one game. You would think the coach would change something up defensively after at least the first two, wouldn't you? IMO the only reason he has been successful is because he is always stacked with talent which usually gets him to at least the semis. He should have won it last year and I would argue that if you had a different coach Bow would have beat Hanover last year and won it all. Bow could easily win this division this year, but guarantee they won't because of the coach's lineup decisions. Just watch the games and you will see what I mean about who he is playing. (and for transparency, I have no skin in this game, I have no girls, and my sons don't go to Bow)

Comment

Respectfully disagree on the Hanover comment. Bow's coach is a knucklehead. He started and played seniors that arguably shouldn't have been on the field at all let alone the amount of time they played, and he played them significant minutes. How does a coach who is playing for the top seed against the other top team, not play his best 11 players the whole game?? If HS soccer is about everyone plays and have fun then turn off the scoreboard. They should have done senior night the week before not against the top team in the division. You play to win and that means your 11 best players, period. Not very good coaching when you let the same girls score three headers off corners in one game. You would think the coach would change something up defensively after at least the first two, wouldn't you? IMO the only reason he has been successful is because he is always stacked with talent which usually gets him to at least the semis. He should have won it last year and I would argue that if you had a different coach Bow would have beat Hanover last year and won it all. Bow could easily win this division this year, but guarantee they won't because of the coach's lineup decisions. Just watch the games and you will see what I mean about who he is playing. (and for transparency, I have no skin in this game, I have no girls, and my sons don't go to Bow)
              well if everything you say is true then all the more reason Hanover is a lock

Comment

Ha ha, you got me!

I thought you were serious at first. Well played!

Comment

Playoffs start this week. Anyone care to predict the state champions in each division for boys and girls? Any upsets?

Comment

Playoffs start this week. Anyone care to predict the state champions in each division for boys and girls? Any upsets?
                    I will bite for D1 and D2. I don't know anything about other divisions:

D1 Boys: Bedford
                    D1 Girls: Exeter
                    D2 Girls: Hanover
                    D2 Boys: Lebanon

Comment

to expand a little on my post

D1 Boys: Bedford (Only Central can give them a game and Bedord D is just too good)
                      D1 Girls: Exeter (Win over preseason favorite Londonderry sets them up as a class above)
                      D2 Girls: Hanover (Beating Bow at Bow shows they are a notch above everyone in that Division)
                      D2 Boys: Lebanon (Purely looking at results it seems the obvious choice.)

Comment

to expand a little on my post

D1 Boys: Bedford (Only Central can give them a game and Bedord D is just too good)
                        D1 Girls: Exeter (Win over preseason favorite Londonderry sets them up as a class above)
                        D2 Girls: Hanover (Beating Bow at Bow shows they are a notch above everyone in that Division)
                        Just to be different (really can't argue a ton...)

D1 Boys: Central (L to Bedford was a battle and I can see CL getting them ready for an upset)
                        D1 Girls: Londonderry (I still like the team until proven wrong, twice :-) )
                        D2 Girls: Hanover (Haven't seen them so I will defer)
                        D2 Boys: Lebanon (Time for RJ to break through)

Comment

My take:
                          D1 Boys: Bedford (Only Central can give them a game and Bedford D is just too good)
                          -Agree. I think Bedford D carries them to championship -

-I had Londonderry as clear favorites at start of season. Historically they implode so maybe I am on Exeter bandwagon now as well -

-Saw Hanover play in D2 final last year. That game was awful and slow. Surprised they are on top again. Maybe a down year for D2 and so agree with pick -

-Agree. Obvious choice and they should run the table -

Comment

My take:
                            D1 Boys: Bedford (Only Central can give them a game and Bedford D is just too good)
                            -Agree. I think Bedford D carries them to championship -

-I had Londonderry as clear favorites at start of season. Historically they implode so maybe I am on Exeter bandwagon now as well -

-Saw Hanover play in D2 final last year. That game was awful and slow. Surprised they are on top again. Maybe a down year for D2 and so agree with pick -

-Agree. Obvious choice and they should run the table -
                            Central - more physical than Bedford
                            Exeter - Londonderry Coach is a joke
                            Bow - playoff experience will be the difference
                            No idea on D2 boys

Comment

D1 Boys - I think Central has something to prove last year and take it from Bedford boys this year.

D1 Girls - Exeter is too tough and too deep

D2 Boys - Lebanon clear favorite

D2 Girls - Bow will prove to have clearly the most talent and most speed. They should be up in D1 where they belong.

Comment

D1 Boys - I think Central has something to prove last year and take it from Bedford boys this year.

D1 Girls - Exeter is too tough and too deep

D2 Boys - Lebanon clear favorite

D2 Girls - Bow will prove to have clearly the most talent and most speed. They should be up in D1 where they belong.
                                Posters keep saying Lebanon boys are the clear cut favorite. Based on who played who and the goal differentials in d2 boys, I'm not sure how you get to that conclusion with the top 6 or 7 teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X