Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    State your case without name calling and personal attacks, it adds nothing helpful to the forum.
    I’ve stated my case with facts. If you can’t handle the name calling leave, idiot.

Comment

Living in a time warp, that may well have been true 5 years ago but far from accurate in today's landscape.

Go through last years RCL brackets and standings, check off how many existing girls teams will be removed from the league (ECNL denomination), then add the new girls teams that will be removed from the league... then do the same for the boys (including the existing USSDA teams at XF). There will be a 50% reduction in the number of teams within the RCL across all ECNL age group divisions on both gender sides. This will mean promoting teams that were traditionally B or C teams into the A-team category. I am not sure how you can make such a bold statement of the RCL being so robust. Good teams? of course, but you can say that selectively about any league.

News flash, leagues don't book fields, its the clubs, and in the RCL's case it is the Association not even the club that has direct access to fields and their allocation.

The RCL is on life support, hence the continued outreach of WYS to bring in more numbers to support its dying bloodline. If the RCL was so strong, why were so many teams willing to jump to a fake DA program at the younger age groups? Why were so many willing to play in the ECNL regionally which is in all reality the old RCL D1 by a different name? You can make as many strawman arguments as you like, but the reality is the same never the less.

The fact is there are no leagues in WA that serve all parties, the RCL is living off past glories of being the old boys PDL network and marketing to parents like you that are able to feed their own ego with brand association.

And with respect to the Crossfire challenge, there are many many teams that choose not to go simply based upon who they are paying their money too to play, so I wouldn't worry too much about the results on over worked and long dry grass fields.

As someone else pointed out, people are quick to lay blame on clubs, coaches, players, associations, but in reality it's people like you who are responsible for the current state of affairs. The sad thing is you don't even realize it and think you are the knight in white armor, how sad for you.
      You are f’ing brilliant! Yes, as all the ECNL clubs convert their A teams to ECNL teams, the clubs “B” team will lose a few matches. But in most cases the new “A” team is still far superior to that of the typical NPSL/PSPL team.

The fact is, the top kids in the state gravitate to RCL. Why? Because they want to play in the best league with the best players possible. Do you really think that Non-RCL clubs put more kids in WA to the Pro’s or Division I universities? If so, you are a moron and an idiot.

The fact that it is more expensive is immaterial. If you can’t afford it, and can’t qualify for scholarship, don’t play in RCL. Play rec, play select. Who cares. Frankly I am glad that in the US kids have so many options. But don’t be an *sswhipe and come on here trying to convince yourself that your DS/DD is playing at the highest level. If they aren’t playing ECNL/DA or Div 1 RCL, you are correct. They may as well play rec.

And oh, btw. Why do you think some clubs have better access to fields than others? Money and overhead for management (more money). And guess which clubs have the most money?

You are a *umbass. How’s that for productivity.

Comment

You are f’ing brilliant! Yes, as all the ECNL clubs convert their A teams to ECNL teams, the clubs “B” team will lose a few matches. But in most cases the new “A” team is still far superior to that of the typical NPSL/PSPL team.

The fact is, the top kids in the state gravitate to RCL. Why? Because they want to play in the best league with the best players possible. Do you really think that Non-RCL clubs put more kids in WA to the Pro’s or Division I universities? If so, you are a moron and an idiot.

The fact that it is more expensive is immaterial. If you can’t afford it, and can’t qualify for scholarship, don’t play in RCL. Play rec, play select. Who cares. Frankly I am glad that in the US kids have so many options. But don’t be an *sswhipe and come on here trying to convince yourself that your DS/DD is playing at the highest level. If they aren’t playing ECNL/DA or Div 1 RCL, you are correct. They may as well play rec.

And oh, btw. Why do you think some clubs have better access to fields than others? Money and overhead for management (more money). And guess which clubs have the most money?

You are a *umbass. How’s that for productivity.
        I liked my post so much I decided I would post it twice!

Comment

I happily pay more for soccer so my kids don’t have to be on teams with delusional parents like you.

Tell me five reasons why RCL is stronger than PSPL or NPSL
          maybe a coach? maybe ... But in other leagues there are excellent coaches too ... Maybe the RCL brand attracts? Yes, this also has some truth .... But the other truth is that many parents are not so rich, or do not bother with tires. Say I'm wrong. I know in many teams many talented children, much more interesting than some stars of the first RCL teams. But they were born at the end of the year and are noticeably smaller. They go to school grate below. For example, in our team, 12 boys were born in the fall and only four older. Until the age of eleven, they did not study tactics, focusing on individual development. What will they do against an organized team of large children? Of course they will lose in most games. Now someone tell me how many children who were born in the fall in XF or PC NW Play in the first team? I am sure only a few. This is a big problem. So don’t tell me that RCL is stronger because they are from heaven[/QUOTE]

Smartest post yet from the “I want to believe the other leagues are as strong as rcl”. Yes, you are correct. It’s not fair, or necessarily just. And I do believe that some kids do get left out. And that sucks. Seriously.

No one said it was fair. Just calling a spade a spade. I also wish the best kids had equal opportunity, but they don’t.

Further, likely the number one problem in youth sports is relative age effect. No doubt that early developers have better opportunities. Not sure what you can do about that outside of focusing on technical skill vs athletic development. And yes, the RCL is the KING of relative age effect. Just look at the average RCL team and they are giant athletes. My gut tells me that a smaller, technical player, who is on an RCL “C” team or lower might develop faster outside of the RCL. Nothing substantiates this idea, but I would prescribe to it.

I agree, all leagues likely have good coaches and good kids. The RCL benefits from history, club finances, and overall organization.

Today, my friend, you are not an idiot!

Comment

Living in a time warp, that may well have been true 5 years ago but far from accurate in today's landscape.

Go through last years RCL brackets and standings, check off how many existing girls teams will be removed from the league (ECNL denomination), then add the new girls teams that will be removed from the league... then do the same for the boys (including the existing USSDA teams at XF). There will be a 50% reduction in the number of teams within the RCL across all ECNL age group divisions on both gender sides. This will mean promoting teams that were traditionally B or C teams into the A-team category. I am not sure how you can make such a bold statement of the RCL being so robust. Good teams? of course, but you can say that selectively about any league.

News flash, leagues don't book fields, its the clubs, and in the RCL's case it is the Association not even the club that has direct access to fields and their allocation.

The RCL is on life support, hence the continued outreach of WYS to bring in more numbers to support its dying bloodline. If the RCL was so strong, why were so many teams willing to jump to a fake DA program at the younger age groups? Why were so many willing to play in the ECNL regionally which is in all reality the old RCL D1 by a different name? You can make as many strawman arguments as you like, but the reality is the same never the less.

The fact is there are no leagues in WA that serve all parties, the RCL is living off past glories of being the old boys PDL network and marketing to parents like you that are able to feed their own ego with brand association.

And with respect to the Crossfire challenge, there are many many teams that choose not to go simply based upon who they are paying their money too to play, so I wouldn't worry too much about the results on over worked and long dry grass fields.

As someone else pointed out, people are quick to lay blame on clubs, coaches, players, associations, but in reality it's people like you who are responsible for the current state of affairs. The sad thing is you don't even realize it and think you are the knight in white armor, how sad for you.
            Hilarious you just glossed over the facts and just decided to post a bunch of gibberish and conjecture. Idiot.

Comment

Nice post Pete.

Comment

Maybe one of the worst posts on here in years. No real point except to be critical of someone else being critical... at least the other person doesn’t hide their feelings in some kind of warped, Seattle passive aggressive bull crap post.

Comment

kids are being moved around from team to team and hearing some coaches might be leaving
                  They are the future and the past

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X