Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - Predictions for June 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's very dependent on the program
    Correct, the good programs have their players locked up already.

Comment

Correct, the good programs have their players locked up already.
      Higher level D1s looking at 2022s.

Comment

Reading this last page -- man, I'm glad I have a son! D1 commits still being announced for seniors now.

Comment

Reading this last page -- man, I'm glad I have a son! D1 commits still being announced for seniors now.
          I've had one of each gender and yes boys have a much more rational,. reasonable time table that's closer to non athletes. The girls are in a transition to something closer to that. This class was caught in the transition period so there were already some early commits. The girls will still be earlier than boys but the new rules are a big step in the right direction.

Comment

Higher level D1s looking at 2022s.
            I think that is what they meant when they said the "good programs"

Comment

Dd wants to announce her verbal commitment on IG. I think she should wait until this summer in case something happens. Thoughts on pros and cons?

Comment

Dd wants to announce her verbal commitment on IG. I think she should wait until this summer in case something happens. Thoughts on pros and cons?
                If D1, and she’s a 2021 post away like the thread title says, post away
                D3 she should wait

Comment

If it's D3 check with the coach. My D was told not to announce until she was admitted.

Comment

If it's D3 check with the coach. My D was told not to announce until she was admitted.
                    Just realized it's probably not D3 if she's a 2021.

Comment

One con about announcing is taking yourself off the market if a sudden coach changes. Would be curious to know how many early verbal commitments don’t materialize by senior year.

Comment

One con about announcing is taking yourself off the market if a sudden coach changes. Would be curious to know how many early verbal commitments don’t materialize by senior year.
                        It happens but not that often. If coaches pull offers a lot they develop a reputation that makes it harder to recruit. It a coach and school are doing their jobs you should have a good idea about how likely it is you'll be admitted 9but for sure it your admittance is tenuous I'd wait). Coaches do leave programs which is another reason to decline your verbal. As the recruiting timeline gets pushed back the risk of that goes down.

You don't need to publicly announce you committed, but if anyone comes calling you should tell them you have. Don't string along multiple programs. But also don't burn bridges. Things can happen so it's good to drop out on good terms with coaches in case you need to return to conversations.

Comment

DD went on her first and only official visit last month. She had a great time on campus, loved the coaches and the team. She did not get an offer during her visit but the coach eluded that she would and would contact us. It's been nearly a month and we have not heard from them.

Should we be worried? DD doesn't want to reach out because the coach said they would contact her but it seems they should have by now. Should we contact them?

Comment

DD went on her first and only official visit last month. She had a great time on campus, loved the coaches and the team. She did not get an offer during her visit but the coach eluded that she would and would contact us. It's been nearly a month and we have not heard from them.

Should we be worried? DD doesn't want to reach out because the coach said they would contact her but it seems they should have by now. Should we contact them?
                            Yes. Its possible they've been waiting until their season is over but it's always good to touch base an reiterate your interest. If anything of interest has happened like a HS accolade or upcoming event, include it.

She should have been using this time to keep contacing more programs. She may have over shot her target and needs to aim again. It's never a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket

Comment

So where do we stand now that's it's December? Are 2021 spots all filled?

Comment

So where do we stand now that's it's December? Are 2021 spots all filled?
                                I have same Q. Haven't heard of many commits locally beyond those that announced around labor day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X