Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Stars teams just not as good as they were?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But, there is a MA kid on UVA (not getting any playing time, yet, but still) and a few on Duke. All are not Stars.
    But, there is a MA kid at PSU, USC, ND, Clemson, Michigan, and a bunch of Ivies. All are from Stars.

Comment

Is it possible that NE as a whole is getting more players into top schools than before. So, while Stars # hasn't dropped, the percentage of those players who came from Stars has?

I have neither the tool nor desire to research that question....

Comment

Stars has 2019 grads at Harvard, Yale, Penn State, BC, Michigan, Providence, Syracuse... and on and on...

But not UVA and Duke, so I guess the club should fold. lol
        Bravo. I thought it was talk about top teams not just teams.

Comment

"not getting any playing time, but still"

Seriously? So the kid that is not playing at UVA represents a better outcome than the Stars kids that are actually playing at BC? Because they lost to UNC? Given that the quality of education (not that this matters to most on TS) is great at both schools, I'd think that a kid would rather get minutes.
          The talk is about top teams; not just teams.

Comment

"not getting any playing time, but still"

Seriously? So the kid that is not playing at UVA represents a better outcome than the Stars kids that are actually playing at BC? Because they lost to UNC? Given that the quality of education (not that this matters to most on TS) is great at both schools, I'd think that a kid would rather get minutes.
            Of course a kid would rather get minutes. But if you are waiting your turn on the #1 team (and she may be redshirting; don't know), it may be worth it to learn from the veteran players and get better while, as you noted, still getting a great education.

If you don't think any of those BC kids would transfer in a heartbeat if Swanson asked, even to sit the bench for a year, think again.

Comment

Zero...

But apparently that's just a knock on Stars... SMH
              It’s a knock on all NEclubs. At this point though, for most it’s the last if their soccer career, unless they go pro/national. And there are only a small number that are going to do that. So the real winners, are the ones that got to got to the school if their choice, and got the best education they could have gotten regardless of soccer. There are plenty of Stars players on college rosters.

Comment

Of course a kid would rather get minutes. But if you are waiting your turn on the #1 team (and she may be redshirting; don't know), it may be worth it to learn from the veteran players and get better while, as you noted, still getting a great education.

If you don't think any of those BC kids would transfer in a heartbeat if Swanson asked, even to sit the bench for a year, think again.
                The issue is that Swanson isn't kicking in the door for them anymore. Other clubs are doing a better job developing. He is going there.

Comment

Stars

I do.When they were starting out it was about soccer and developing to show people what happens when you played them.Now it’s money and market share they are too big and too diluted.Like all clubs now.
                  That is it they never let teams develop and focus on bringing new players in. Not a good model for teams. Teams never get comfortable playing together. Stars is focused on money which is why they can build their fields. If they focused on players they would do much better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X