Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? You are wrong. Officials were corrects After the strike, the goalkeeper “touched” the ball so any player can then follow up, including the original kicker.
    Sorry - but you are wrong: here's why -

Once the PK is taken the ball is live and the normal rules of soccer ensue. The player taking the PK is in an offsides position if they are the first to touch the ball after the keeper makes the save. This is the same as a breakaway situation. Once the player strikes the ball and the keeper makes a save, if the player on offense is still ahead of the last defender - and takes a shot on a rebound off the keeper - it is offsides.

After the PK strike the ball is live - so a rebound shot by the player taking the PK is offsides.

Comment

Good lord....

The PK taker isn't the next to touch the ball, the goalie was.

The PK taker isn't off-side, the ball was ahead of him.

I once recommended that more posters who rank on refs should fire up and get a whistle.

I take that back.

Comment

Sorry - but you are wrong: here's why -

Once the PK is taken the ball is live and the normal rules of soccer ensue. The player taking the PK is in an offsides position if they are the first to touch the ball after the keeper makes the save. This is the same as a breakaway situation. Once the player strikes the ball and the keeper makes a save, if the player on offense is still ahead of the last defender - and takes a shot on a rebound off the keeper - it is offsides.

After the PK strike the ball is live - so a rebound shot by the player taking the PK is offsides.
        Please tell me you are joking.....

Comment

Please tell me you are joking.....
          The OP must be referring to a PK that hits post or cross bar. In that situation the person taking the PK can not touch the ball until another player on either team touches it. 🤞

Comment

The OP must be referring to a PK that hits post or cross bar. In that situation the person taking the PK can not touch the ball until another player on either team touches it. 🤞
            Thought so initially as that's always tricky, but he clearly stated the goalie saved it.

Comment

Central

Any thoughts on repeat for girls? Boys look real solid as well.

Comment

Confusing rule to say the least...

If the penalty taker receives the ball directly back from a goalie save/rebound, it is NOT offsides. Had the ball rebounded off the crossbar, without the goalie touching it, and the penalty taker touched it, s/he would have been offsides.

The Offside Rule and Offside Trap in Soccer:

It is NOT an offence in itself to be in an offside position.

A player is only in an offside position if:
                s/he is nearer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the SECOND last opponent

A player is NOT in an offside position if:
                s/he is in their own half of the field of play
                s/he is level with the SECOND last opponent (goalie is usually one)
                s/he is level with the last TWO opponents

Commiting an Offside Offence:
                A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of HIS/HER own team, s/he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

interfering with play
                interfering with an opponent
                gaining an advantage by being in that position

No Offence:
                There is NO offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

a goal kick
                a throw-in
                a corner kick
                an opponent

Infringements/Sanctions:
                For any offside offence, the referee awards an indirect free kick to the opposing team to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred.

Comment

Not really. You can't touch a ball twice on a free kick.

You can't be ahead of the ball or have less than two defenders ahead of you.

When it gets confusing is if it hits the post, comes right back to the PK-taker, and they play it on instinct.

The play the OP posted is common and legit.

Comment

Correct - you cannot touch the ball twice, in succession, on a free kick. In this example though, the penalty taker touched it once, then the goalie touched it, then the penalty taker was free to touch it again as it was not in succession. That is precisely why, had it come directly off the crossbar, it would have been offsides. You are NOT offsides even if you are standing in an offsides position and you receive the ball directly from an opposing player.

Comment

Yes. Let's discuss HS, and not DA. How's Londonderry looking?

Oh.
                      Londonderry still looks good.

Well, good for them.

Comment

Londonderry looks good but no bench and may struggle against deeper teams like Central and Bedford.

Comment

Good lord....

The PK taker isn't the next to touch the ball, the goalie was.

The PK taker isn't off-side, the ball was ahead of him.

I once recommended that more posters who rank on refs should fire up and get a whistle.

I take that back.
                          This is correct. And I agree. Person should really get a clue especially when they come on here and post about someone being wrong when they don’t know what they are talking about!!!

If the ball hit the crossbar or post then the same player can’t kick in the rebound but the poster clearly said the goalie saved it. So yep goalie was the last to touch. Live ball. In front of players do not off sides. Not really confusing to me.

Comment

BG girls with a big 5-1 win over Keene. Is the GPS connection paying off early?

Comment

HS Girls

I agree with Londonderry. I hear there are 3 girls with D1 college potential if they haven't already committed. I don't think there is another team that can compete with that much talent. Even without a bench.

Comment

I agree with Londonderry. I hear there are 3 girls with D1 college potential if they haven't already committed. I don't think there is another team that can compete with that much talent. Even without a bench.
                                Can't be. "Coach" over in the DA threads has been very, very vocal there are no D1 prospects anywhere in the State.

He's pretty adamant about it and even told us how awesome he is. So, you are wrong.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X