Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Amen. We beat everybody in Thunderdome. Name one team we didn't beat? Go ahead...I am waiting. Exactly. You can't. We are so damn good, even our kid's pets rep the FBomb.
    OPFC

And your son has very little to do with ADF success so can it loser

Comment

ADF in State Cup finals
      2017: FC P 3-1 ADF
      2019: Eugene 1-0 ADF
      2020: COVID 19-0 ADF
      2017 is the last State Cup that was relevant at this age group.

Though the F-Bombs did win in 2016, but that's back when they were partnering with LASC, before OYSA put the kibosh on such arrangements.

Comment

2017 is the last State Cup that was relevant at this age group.

Though the F-Bombs did win in 2016, but that's back when they were partnering with LASC, before OYSA put the kibosh on such arrangements.
        Lol. Please bring up again how 2017 is the only relevant State Cup at this age group, and why that would be? I seem to have forgotten what made that relevant? Oh, that's right!! Becauae your lite Johnny went to TA and FC won that year? You do realize 90% of that TA group is back in OYSA now. (Should have been 98%) None of those kids then, or now make anything relevant (not even you) about State Cup. You know it, and so does everybody else.

Comment

Lol. Please bring up again how 2017 is the only relevant State Cup at this age group, and why that would be? I seem to have forgotten what made that relevant? Oh, that's right!! Becauae your lite Johnny went to TA and FC won that year? You do realize 90% of that TA group is back in OYSA now. (Should have been 98%) None of those kids then, or now make anything relevant (not even you) about State Cup. You know it, and so does everybody else.
          No, not for that reason. Simply because some of the best teams were in DA for two years. Nothing to do with FC.

(Speaking of which... This is the year that TA cuts about half the kids, as the academy switches to a combined 04/05 team. Of course, that process too is shut down. Any bets as to who?)

Comment

No, not for that reason. Simply because some of the best teams were in DA for two years. Nothing to do with FC.

(Speaking of which... This is the year that TA cuts about half the kids, as the academy switches to a combined 04/05 team. Of course, that process too is shut down. Any bets as to who?)
            Clearly you have some thoughts on who! Share away!

Comment

Okay, so you beought this up. Who do you think is getting cut? I would imagine 85% of the 05's end up cut. Thoughts?

Comment

Okay, so you beought this up. Who do you think is getting cut? I would imagine 85% of the 05's end up cut. Thoughts?
                There might be three players that they keep. The 05 age group is super weak in our already weak area. 04 age group is much stronger

Comment

There might be three players that they keep. The 05 age group is super weak in our already weak area. 04 age group is much stronger
                  More likely to be kept, in no particular order:

JB (Westside), LY (Crossfire), YE (ADF), JH, BR, GS (WashT), JD (California)

On the bubble:

ML (Westside), RFR (FC), RTR (Westside), GM (FC), SD (CFC)

I am assuming that the 05/04 team will be roughly age-balanced, though given that the 04 and 06 classes are both stronger, I could see fewer 05s getting kept than they might otherwise want to do.

Comment

More likely to be kept, in no particular order:

JB (Westside), LY (Crossfire), YE (ADF), JH, BR, GS (WashT), JD (California)

On the bubble:

ML (Westside), RFR (FC), RTR (Westside), GM (FC), SD (CFC)

I am assuming that the 05/04 team will be roughly age-balanced, though given that the 04 and 06 classes are both stronger, I could see fewer 05s getting kept than they might otherwise want to do.
                    Your on the bubble are all probably out with the exception of RTR. JB, LY, YE the only Oregon kids who will be kept.

Comment

Your on the bubble are all probably out with the exception of RTR. JB, LY, YE the only Oregon kids who will be kept.
                      Westside FTW!

Comment

Any truth to the rumors.....

Hearing that several FCP and PDX kids leaving their clubs and moving to Westside and OPFC. Any credibility to said rumor?

Comment

Hearing that several FCP and PDX kids leaving their clubs and moving to Westside and OPFC. Any credibility to said rumor?
                          Everyone leaves OPFC/OSSA/LOSC/WUSC as they get older, always have & always will.

Comment

Everyone leaves OPFC/OSSA/LOSC/WUSC as they get older, always have & always will.
                            And Westside used to be considered a destination.
                            That was then, this is now. I cannot say about who might be leaving other clubs, but according to my Son nobody is leaving OPFC. If/when/if we can ever resume soccer and have tryouts, I guess we will all know.

Comment

And Westside used to be considered a destination.
                              That was then, this is now. I cannot say about who might be leaving other clubs, but according to my Son nobody is leaving OPFC. If/when/if we can ever resume soccer and have tryouts, I guess we will all know.
                              What the poster left out, is the fact no top level players are leaving any strong clubs or DA platforms to join the OPFC/LOSC/WUSC/OSSA club. That's probably a bigger factor for them over the last 3 decades than the peeling of their tippy top talent to the stronger clubs at the older ages, which has never been stopped and continues year after year. As a Dad you may want to refer to documented history vs. your Son's narrative, jus sayin.

Comment

What the poster left out, is the fact no top level players are leaving any strong clubs or DA platforms to join the OPFC/LOSC/WUSC/OSSA club. That's probably a bigger factor for them over the last 3 decades than the peeling of their tippy top talent to the stronger clubs at the older ages, which has never been stopped and continues year after year. As a Dad you may want to refer to documented history vs. your Son's narrative, jus sayin.
                                Thanks for the history lesson Boomer. You know, the only reason history is important is so that we can learn where we have come from and avoid making the mistakes of the past. While I can appreciate your myopic determination to be right, I will go ahead and listen to my Son and his club. I am pretty sure OPFC is fine. I doubt you could say the same for your Son's club. Do not worry though, at some point in the future your son's club will be back on the field and will probably play OPFC. We will see who is right then. Until that time, remember to stay safe... Boomer's are quite vulnerable😷

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X