•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Celtic they make between $250 and $450 per season

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      3 to 5k per year is typical for a club coach. not much for all the effort if they are a quality coach. too much if they are worthless.
      Club coaches often have another job and one team is good supplemental income.

Comment

I was a volunteer coach for 10 years and recently began coaching at a "high end", as some say, club. For me, it was not about the salary, because I was so used to not being paid. The previous comment of 3-5K is correct for an average. I have two National Coaching Licenses so I could have received more if I went after it but again, not about that. My biggest problem is those that are not nearly qualified, to be working with kids and teaching them, are getting paid, even if it is only 200-300/month. They are not worth it. We have clouded the talent pool by just letting any kid play travel/competitive soccer just because they have the money to do so and there are so many adults out there that are preying on these parents for their money. Quality not Quantity should be the motto and get a real job to support your family. Don't take people's money if you cant give them the quality they are paying for. Ethics don't exist in Youth Sports especially Soccer.

Comment

Agreed 100%. Our coach makes about 300 a month . Not nearly enough for all the. B.S.!
          suck it up coach! there's BS on every job out there .. if you are smart enough (and a good coach) you keep the parents at bay ..

Comment

I was a volunteer coach for 10 years and recently began coaching at a "high end", as some say, club. For me, it was not about the salary, because I was so used to not being paid. The previous comment of 3-5K is correct for an average. I have two National Coaching Licenses so I could have received more if I went after it but again, not about that. My biggest problem is those that are not nearly qualified, to be working with kids and teaching them, are getting paid, even if it is only 200-300/month. They are not worth it. We have clouded the talent pool by just letting any kid play travel/competitive soccer just because they have the money to do so and there are so many adults out there that are preying on these parents for their money. Quality not Quantity should be the motto and get a real job to support your family. Don't take people's money if you cant give them the quality they are paying for. Ethics don't exist in Youth Sports especially Soccer.
            it works well for everybody coach ..
            - parents keep paying for travel soccer even though they know that their kids are not that good but they like it being part of a club travel team ..
            - clubs want them because the lower tier teams are bringing money to the club so that they can fund the top teams ..
            - clueless coaches love it because they get to have another job that brings them some money with minimum effort
            - daddy coaches love it because they have the power to control their kids team placement and playing time
            - the good players (and their parents) are proud to see that out of all the players out there, they belong to the prestigious black team and can look down to everybody else

so everybody is happy in Soccer America :)

Comment

- parents keep paying for travel soccer even though they know that their kids are not that good but they like it being part of a club travel team ..
              - clubs want them because the lower tier teams are bringing money to the club so that they can fund the top teams ..
              - clueless coaches love it because they get to have another job that brings them some money with minimum effort
              - daddy coaches love it because they have the power to control their kids team placement and playing time
              - the good players (and their parents) are proud to see that out of all the players out there, they belong to the prestigious black team and can look down to everybody else

Sounds about right

Comment

Not enough to put up with the constant mistrust of the parents who have no clue whatsoever concerning the instruction given or the game itself.
                Could be worse. Enjoy the kids and get a little exercise too.

Comment

I have always wondered how much club coaches make. I have had great luck for the most part in limited experience with my children's coaches.

The coaches are educated, licensed and not "daddy coaches" based on club fees of roughly $1,000 per child per year that is only $9,000-$10,000 per year. Can a soccer coach get $2,500-$3,000 from a respectable club? I am more interested in higher end clubs not Celtic paying $600 per year. I can't believe we get these awesome people out to the fields for what can't be a large stipend.

Thanks,
                  I know how much my football volunteer coaches charges... $0, they don't try and profit off of kids like soccer. Bunch of adult parasites. Do background checks.

Comment

Well, I am not really happy. In the USA more kids play soccer than in any other country and we have not been able to develop one world class player. For example, the Netherlands develop one or two a year with the population a fraction of what we have here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X