Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do club coaches make

I have always wondered how much club coaches make. I have had great luck for the most part in limited experience with my children's coaches.

The coaches are educated, licensed and not "daddy coaches" based on club fees of roughly $1,000 per child per year that is only $9,000-$10,000 per year. Can a soccer coach get $2,500-$3,000 from a respectable club? I am more interested in higher end clubs not Celtic paying $600 per year. I can't believe we get these awesome people out to the fields for what can't be a large stipend.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have always wondered how much club coaches make. I have had great luck for the most part in limited experience with my children's coaches.

The coaches are educated, licensed and not "daddy coaches" based on club fees of roughly $1,000 per child per year that is only $9,000-$10,000 per year. Can a soccer coach get $2,500-$3,000 from a respectable club? I am more interested in higher end clubs not Celtic paying $600 per year. I can't believe we get these awesome people out to the fields for what can't be a large stipend.

Thanks,
    3 to 5k per year is typical for a club coach. not much for all the effort if they are a quality coach. too much if they are worthless.

Comment

so if a coach has two teams would it be double that?

Comment

Thanks,
        DA coaches are on salary and get paid more. However for the most part coaches are paid roughly $100 a player so say $1500 to $1800 a month. If you have two teams then obviously more.

Comment

Thanks,
          Not enough to put up with the constant mistrust of the parents who have no clue whatsoever concerning the instruction given or the game itself.

Comment

Not enough to put up with the constant mistrust of the parents who have no clue whatsoever concerning the instruction given or the game itself.
            Agreed 100%. Our coach makes about 300 a month . Not nearly enough for all the. B.S.!

Comment

Agreed 100%. Our coach makes about 300 a month . Not nearly enough for all the. B.S.!
              Parents have to pay for the right to have all the BS that they have to put up with...Who has it worse?

Comment

Parents have to pay for the right to have all the BS that they have to put up with...Who has it worse?
                The poor child. :(

Comment

The coaches really don't make enough when you factor in the wack job parents

Comment

not all get paid.
                    I don't have a license as I played until I emigrated here 3 years ago.......any coaching I did before was more informal. but with 50 years in the game I think I know a little bit.
                    when I moved here it was time to stop playing and so I decided to give something back to the sport and start coaching the local kids..........all our local clubs are USA league. I had no interest in travelling and wanted to keep it local.

with 3 different teams I have had some success (D1 level) , tournament wins, division wins, reg C final 4 ...every team has improved its record on previous years so I like to think I have made some contribution.

last year my 'income' was minus just under $2000.....I paid for 7 kids uniforms, the league entry fee, a team party, warm up shirts, one set of cleats, some fees, gas money, regularly fed a car full on away games, ferried one kid to a try out at UCF............was it worth it, yes.....most of these kids don't have a pot to p*** in and many wouldn't be able to play without some help. my only interest is helping the boys...

does that make me good value ???? :-)

Comment

God Bless you! Nice to see that there are some people on this board who have a kind heart and want to give back to the community. That makes you an MVP in my book

Comment

God Bless you! Nice to see that there are some people on this board who have a kind heart and want to give back to the community. That makes you an MVP in my book
                        Actually.....new to this thread....what we need are many more posts like yours! Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Comment

... coaches are paid roughly $100 a player so say $1500 to $1800 a month. If you have two teams then obviously more.
                          Coaches at even the larger clubs are generally paid less than $500.00 per month per team for no more than 10 months.

Comment

not all get paid.
                            I don't have a license as I played until I emigrated here 3 years ago.......any coaching I did before was more informal. but with 50 years in the game I think I know a little bit.
                            when I moved here it was time to stop playing and so I decided to give something back to the sport and start coaching the local kids..........all our local clubs are USA league. I had no interest in travelling and wanted to keep it local.

with 3 different teams I have had some success (D1 level) , tournament wins, division wins, reg C final 4 ...every team has improved its record on previous years so I like to think I have made some contribution.

last year my 'income' was minus just under $2000.....I paid for 7 kids uniforms, the league entry fee, a team party, warm up shirts, one set of cleats, some fees, gas money, regularly fed a car full on away games, ferried one kid to a try out at UCF............was it worth it, yes.....most of these kids don't have a pot to p*** in and many wouldn't be able to play without some help. my only interest is helping the boys...

does that make me good value ???? :-)

Coach - You are one of the few that are not in the sport for themselves, and for that, I (and many, many others) want to say "THANK YOU". Unfortunately, you are a minority. Most look at what they can get out of the sport. Reading you statement above, I can safely say that you are more than a coach. You take the position as guardian, mentor, sponsor, and many other positions. You are making a positive contributions to "your" players, and their families. I wish you well in all your endeavors!

Comment

DA coaches are on salary and get paid more. However for the most part coaches are paid roughly $100 a player so say $1500 to $1800 a month. If you have two teams then obviously more.
                              DA is it if they are making more than Florida teachers do who have more responsibility.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X