Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationals on TV?

Does anyone know if the Scorps vs Sting game will be televised?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know if the Scorps vs Sting game will be televised?
    Is this serious, or asked in jest?

Are you expecting CNN to break into their regular programming with updates from pitch-side?

Comment

Are you expecting CNN to break into their regular programming with updates from pitch-side?
      Different poster responding. If you watched a bit of soccer on tv, then you would know that in the past Fox Soccer has televized games from the Nationals.

Comment

Might be a good play for CNN, they have become a utter joke after all and sure could use some ratings... from anywhere

Comment

Different poster responding. If you watched a bit of soccer on tv, then you would know that in the past Fox Soccer has televized games from the Nationals.
          Uh, I believe you are referring to a few brief highlightz from each age group on a zhow on Fox, not actually televized gamez........

Comment

BU19 Championship will be live on FoxSoccer.

Comment

Uh, I believe you are referring to a few brief highlightz from each age group on a zhow on Fox, not actually televized gamez........
              No, they have shown entire games. Or maybe I'm thinking of the DAP, but I seem to recall some girls' games too.

Comment

Originally posted by MASC View Post
                BU19 Championship will be live on FoxSoccer.
                Thanks MASC. That's all I saw as well. It's too bad they don't show some of the finals, it would be great for the kids in MA to watch a home team compete.

Comment

Thanks MASC. That's all I saw as well. It's too bad they don't show some of the finals, it would be great for the kids in MA to watch a home team compete.
                  Can't believe there aren't angry mobs of people across the country protesting the Scorpions lack of TV coverage.

Comment

The Nationals were in Lancaster last year and the crowds were pretty small (and same Scorps team was playing then as well).

Comment

The Nationals were in Lancaster last year and the crowds were pretty small (and same Scorps team was playing then as well).
                      Now the Scorps parents are looking to cash in on the image rights fees.

Comment

Did anyone watch the Women U20 World Cup games on TV from Germany. The crowd looked to be mostly family. My children, even my daughter who played against several members of the US team, demanded we swtich to the ManU game in Phillie.

The Nations Cup is competing for TV time against MLS and the traveling European teams.

Those games are much more interesting to watch than youth soccer even the Nation's Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by MASC View Post
                          Did anyone watch the Women U20 World Cup games on TV from Germany. The crowd looked to be mostly family. My children, even my daughter who played against several members of the US team, demanded we swtich to the ManU game in Phillie.

The Nations Cup is competing for TV time against MLS and the traveling European teams.

Those games are much more interesting to watch than youth soccer even the Nation's Cup.
                          I was watching a guy fly fish. That too is more interesting....

Comment

I was watching a guy fly fish. That too is more interesting....

Just curious, what do the High School Championships games draw in MASS in the fall?

I am not from your state, but I know some nearby states draw sometimes 5000.

The WNT drew less than that last week in CT.

Comment

Just curious, what do the High School Championships games draw in MASS in the fall?

I am not from your state, but I know some nearby states draw sometimes 5000.

The WNT drew less than that last week in CT.
                              depends on the participants and timing. Typically, the state championships are on a Saturday afternoon - not condusive to maximum attendance. The E Mass championships are mid week/ evening and probably draw the biggest crowds, but again it depends on the teams. A crowd of 1,000 is probably the max (maybe 1,500) but certainly nowhere near the 5,000 you mention or the crowds at the super bowls or Super 8 or D1 hockey at the Garden or the E Mass basketball finals at the Garden.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X