X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-League vs WPSL

What is the difference?

The WPSL is less expensive to operate and is a league that is owned by the teams. The W-League has a higher level of competition top to bottom, but is owned by a for profit company. W-League has fewer teams and travel is greater. They are both an opportunity for college players to play in the summer.

Comment

And W League is well organized while WPSL is a mess.

Comment

If the W-league is for profit, do the players get a stipend or their training / travel expenses paid?

Comment

From what I understand their travel is paid for just like when they are at their university but the "profit" just goes to funding the team and the travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            What is the difference?
            No difference, both garbage
            Put your daughters to watch the real thing at the World Cup this summer
            They'll learn far more from watching the game played properly
            If you love golf, who would you watch Phil Mickelson or Michelle Wie, nuff said...

Comment

they look very similiar on paper with many D2 players and some studs. WPSL is much bigger though and they also are funded.

Comment

they look very similiar on paper with many D2 players and some studs. WPSL is much bigger though and they also are funded.
                That's because there are actually minimum standards to meet in the W-League

Comment

That's because there are actually minimum standards to meet in the W-League
                  After what I read in Fort Myers Newspress it seems, in my opinion, you can also buy your way on to a WPSL team.

Comment

It's just like any other soccer progam. You can buy your way onto many teams as they need money.

There are many DI players in WPSL too. It depends on the team and how it is run. Most college kids are looking for more over the summer to keep in shape so if you have a good program that doesn't cost them they will travel from across the state to participate.

Comment

After what I read in Fort Myers Newspress it seems, in my opinion, you can also buy your way on to a WPSL team.
                      yep this is true

Comment

And W League is well organized while WPSL is a mess.
                        Especially the two local teams in South Florida.

Comment

No difference, both garbage
                          Put your daughters to watch the real thing at the World Cup this summer
                          They'll learn far more from watching the game played properly
                          If you love golf, who would you watch Phil Mickelson or Michelle Wie, nuff said...
                          Actually, I'd rather see Michelle Wie play golf than you. I am sure she drives the ball farther from the tee.

Comment

The WPSL is less expensive to operate and is a league that is owned by the teams. The W-League has a higher level of competition top to bottom, but is owned by a for profit company. W-League has fewer teams and travel is greater. They are both an opportunity for college players to play in the summer.

What are typical Gross Revenue, profit margin and operating expenses in owning a team in the W league??? Thanks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X