Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will transgender boys dominate Connecticut girls high school sports again this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will transgender boys dominate Connecticut girls high school sports again this year?

When will the madness end?

I’ve seen the news about the sprinters. I haven’t seen TGs in the news for being in any other sport. But it’s only a matter of time. Simple. One team. Boys, girls and TG all try out for a single team. Everyone treated “equal”. Rapinoe will get what she wants but won’t be happy. G

Comment

There is one poster who's track star had to run a kid race against a transgender runner and they simoly can not move on. It is behind tiresome. We sympathize that that happened but let it go. None of them are headed to the Olympics. Move on.

Comment

At the end of the day, in regards to recruitment, all that matters is the time you run on a clock.

I would prefer that TGs have their own "gender" league to participate in. But if you're running for a spot in intercollegiate sports, you are running against a clock.

Still, we live in interesting times.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          There is one poster who's track star had to run a kid race against a transgender runner and they simoly can not move on. It is behind tiresome. We sympathize that that happened but let it go. None of them are headed to the Olympics. Move on.
          Or it's the dude who hates Rapinoe and now that those threads have quieted down he needs something new. Isn't there a thread in this already? Give it a rest

Comment

Or it's the dude who hates Rapinoe and now that those threads have quieted down he needs something new. Isn't there a thread in this already? Give it a rest
            There are a lot of people that can’t stand Rapinoe. And plenty that are against transgender athletes participating in sports with the gender they identify with. Funny you think it’s just one person.

Comment

You should be examining your heart instead of attacking others. It sounds like you have a lot of hate for transgenders when they are no different than your daughter and should be allowed and welcomed to play with them if they want to.

Comment

There are a lot of people that can’t stand Rapinoe. And plenty that are against transgender athletes participating in sports with the gender they identify with. Funny you think it’s just one person.
                But the Bible belters who hate rapinoe are not the core of high level soccer in new england. Girls youth soccer here is largely played by girls from affluent, educated, "elite" type familes. These are not rapinoe hating trump supporters.

Try posting in the Alabama forum and you might find more rapinoe haters

Comment

I’ve seen the news about the sprinters. I haven’t seen TGs in the news for being in any other sport. But it’s only a matter of time. Simple. One team. Boys, girls and TG all try out for a single team. Everyone treated “equal”. Rapinoe will get what she wants but won’t be happy. G
                  I agree that TG athletes, specifically "women" that were once men, shouldn't be competing against other women in any sport. However, I didn't realize that Megan Rapinoe had anything to do with this issue.

What is it that you hate so much about her? Is it the fact that she thinks that the women WC players should be compensated as much as the men are? Is it the fact that she advocates for equal treatment of people in our society regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, or religion? Methinks you're probably homophobic and don't like it that Rapinoe is brash and outspoken. The fact is that you're most like a loser and in order to compensate for your miserable life you need to attempt to denigrate others. Just move on, loser, and get a life. Quit being so concerned about how others are living and live your own life.

Comment

But the Bible belters who hate rapinoe are not the core of high level soccer in new england. Girls youth soccer here is largely played by girls from affluent, educated, "elite" type familes. These are not rapinoe hating trump supporters.

Try posting in the Alabama forum and you might find more rapinoe haters
                    Well I’m affluent, educated, and not a Trump supporter. I’m not a fan of Rapinoe primarily for her decision to wear the jersey of the USA and represent our country while refusing to honor the flag/National Anthem. However, I don’t care one bit about her sexual orientation. I think my sentiments are pretty common here in CT as well as in Alabama or in California.

Comment

Just what we need, another thread in which everyone directs their ire toward Megan Rapinoe.

I asked my father about the issue of Megan Rapinoe "disrespecting" the flag. If anyone would be against what she standing up for I thought it would be him. He fought in Vietnam, is a Republican, and us fairly conservative. I was surprised that he said "good for her" and was supportive. He said "we fought so that people could have a voice and freedom of speech. If she was suppressed, this country would be no better than the countries that we have fought against from the time this country was founded."

Comment

Just what we need, another thread in which everyone directs their ire toward Megan Rapinoe.

I asked my father about the issue of Megan Rapinoe "disrespecting" the flag. If anyone would be against what she standing up for I thought it would be him. He fought in Vietnam, is a Republican, and us fairly conservative. I was surprised that he said "good for her" and was supportive. He said "we fought so that people could have a voice and freedom of speech. If she was suppressed, this country would be no better than the countries that we have fought against from the time this country was founded."
                        Thank your father for his service, but does he even know why she doesn’t put her hand over her heart or sing the anthem? Did you explain her reason? Do you even know her reason?

Comment

Thank your father for his service, but does he even know why she doesn’t put her hand over her heart or sing the anthem? Did you explain her reason? Do you even know her reason?
                          You completely missed his point; it doesn’t matter and it’s her right not to do so.

Comment

Perhaps I'm wrong but I think her reason for not putting her hand over her heart and why she doesn't sing is because she's making a silent "protest" or statement about how she believes homosexuals, minorities, and others, are treated in the United States. She believes that those groups don't have the same rights and standing in our society. Am I wrong about that? This is a serious question and someone please respectfully correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think she's necessarily wrong in her beliefs. Personally I don't like the fact that she doesn't sing or put her hand over her heart but if she doesn't want to, she has the right not to. Do you think it's wrong that Jozy Altidore doesn't sing or put his hand over his heart?

Comment

Perhaps I'm wrong but I think her reason for not putting her hand over her heart and why she doesn't sing is because she's making a silent "protest" or statement about how she believes homosexuals, minorities, and others, are treated in the United States. She believes that those groups don't have the same rights and standing in our society. Am I wrong about that? This is a serious question and someone please respectfully correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think she's necessarily wrong in her beliefs. Personally I don't like the fact that she doesn't sing or put her hand over her heart but if she doesn't want to, she has the right not to. Do you think it's wrong that Jozy Altidore doesn't sing or put his hand over his heart?
                              I agree with your statement above. Not OP, but I was curious about Jozy when I was watching the men’s team play last week. I was also curious as to why the camera just focused on his face and made sure he wasn’t shown not putting his hand over his heart. His reasons are for religious purposes as that is how he was raised by his mom. My biggest issue is that the networks make sure to show Rapinoe’s full body the entire WC but made sure to only focus on Altidore’s face in his last game. Why not do the same to Rapinoe?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X