Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Of course it is, but that still doesn't excuse the way the players handled it. I said " the standards are higher " , not that joe six pack is excused from the proper protocol.

We expect more from the WNT and well we have a right to. They are in the public eye, wearing the uniform with the colors of the USA. Representing US.
    What standards in regards to flag protocol. The standards are exactly the same.

They are soccer players for goodness sake. One of them dropped a flag.

Make sure you take down your flag at night and burn it when it gets frayed

Comment

Why would you make up the story of the truck? This is not Alabama...
      Because I have nothing else better to do, sheepboy

Comment

Unless the boxers are made with the material from an actual flag (hint, they aren't), then it is not a violation.
        Only partly right

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ni.../04/id/923307/

Comment

Partly right? The guy was completely wrong.

Comment

I'm not a flag protocol nazi, but there is a difference between draping yourself with it vs. throwing it on the ground
            I saw the video. "Throwing it on the ground" is not what happened, snowflake.

"Throwing it on the ground" vs placing it on the ground conjures up two completely different images in my mind. She placed it on the ground. What she wrong to do that? Yes, she was. A lot is being made out of something that is not a big deal, though. There has been far worse treatment of the flag without as much being made about it.

Haters gonna hate......

Comment

I saw the video. "Throwing it on the ground" is not what happened, snowflake.

"Throwing it on the ground" vs placing it on the ground conjures up two completely different images in my mind. She placed it on the ground. What she wrong to do that? Yes, she was. A lot is being made out of something that is not a big deal, though. There has been far worse treatment of the flag without as much being made about it.

Haters gonna hate......
              No reason to fire off an insult. She certainly didn't "place it" either. It was "discarded"...that better?

Again, not trying to go overboard with the flag and what it represents. Not even a hater for anyone on the team. Some people are just looking for an argument, Monty.

Comment

People don't have a problem with Rapinoe because she's a lesbian. They have a problem with how she acts and represents her country. United States Soccer is paying her bills and supports her. Keep your mouth shut if she dosent like her President or her country while she's representing the US. She's a self centered egomaniac. And an ahole. It has nothing to do with being a Lesbian. Noone cares what her sexual orientation is and are sick of hearing about it everyday from her own mouth.

Comment

People don't have a problem with Rapinoe because she's a lesbian. They have a problem with how she acts and represents her country. United States Soccer is paying her bills and supports her. Keep your mouth shut if she dosent like her President or her country while she's representing the US. She's a self centered egomaniac. And an ahole. It has nothing to do with being a Lesbian. Noone cares what her sexual orientation is and are sick of hearing about it everyday from her own mouth.
                  I haven't heard about it every day from her.

I have, though, heard about it every day from people like you. If you don't like it, don't keep perpetuating it. It will eventually go away.

Comment

...keep your mouth shut if she dosent like her President or her country while she's representing the US....
                    Yeah, it was sheeples like you, snowflake, doing what the Obummer gubmint and "deep state" told you to without thought or question that wrecked this country so #maga has to fix it.

Comment

Seems to me she acts like a world class soccer player who player her heart out, and has taken serious injury, for her nation. She is regarded by all on that team as their leader and captain, because she is. Yes, US Soccer and the NWSL pay her a salary, and she earns every penny of it.

Why should she keep her mouth shut if she disagrees with the President? I served in the military and I assure you many of us had issues with the President and his policies in my time there. We had no problem using our freedoms granted under the Constitution to be critical. The only thing we missed was the public forum she has. We risked our lives to have these freedoms, so by all means, as Americans, we should express them.

I listened to her speech today and have listened to her in all her interviews. I doubt you have given her 15 minutes of your time to hear ALL she has to say. There is no doubt she loves her country and the millions of people who populate it. She doesn't like our current government for reasons she has eloquently stated several times WHEN ASKED. When US Soccer told her to stop kneeling, she obeyed, as a professional should.

I don't like our government today much either, Democrat or Republican. The times are changing and a new generation of people are rising to leadership. They see the world far differently than those of us from the Boomer and Gen X generations. They have a value system somewhat different than ours.

It was no different when our generations assumed leadership from those before us. You should remember those folks who ran things then. They favored segregation. They favored women who stayed at home and took care of the kids. They favored a world where a woman had to hide in the dark to have an abortion. They favored an corporate world that gave us the hell holes of the Chicago slaughter houses and sweat shops in the back streets of New York. They favored union busting and fought against collective bargaining. And on and on and on.......

That all changed as young people came to power and saw a different and better world. These young people now who will have power within the next decade see a world that they believe will be different and better. And they are going to have it. You can't stop this.

Things change.......

Comment

S...You can't stop this.

Things change.......
                        Oh yes we can stop this. We have McConnell and Trump, the dynamic duo. Look for unlimited terms for this President. #MAGA

Comment

Oh yes we can stop this. We have McConnell and Trump, the dynamic duo. Look for unlimited terms for this President. #MAGA
                          So you think we should just then shove the Constitution down the toilet. Those who support the kind of Fascism that Trump believes in usually do.

No one lives forever....even the dragons known as Trump and McConnell.

Comment

Hilarious. Trump swears frequently. He brags about groping women and lusting after teenage beauty contestants, mocks the disabled and women. He dodged the draft but criticizes vets who speak up against him. He's a horrible example for children. This is a two year old spot, he's done plenty more since being elected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX3Ql31URA
                            Stay on point. We aren’t talking about Trump. It is an entirely different issue. The issue at hand here is HER behavior, HER responsibilities as a role model. She is actually a nobody. An athlete entertainer that usually performs in front of an average attendance of 5000 people. There are hundreds, thousands, tens and hundreds of thousands of women in this country that are 100 times the individual she is. This celebrity syndrome and the fixation on their lives is shallow and has a very limited amount of redeeming social value. She kicks a ball around the field . Wow, terrific. Compare her to the women in America that are saving lives, raising children, are single parents you get the picture ? She is nothing but a crybaby .

Comment

Seems to me she acts like a world class soccer player who player her heart out, and has taken serious injury, for her nation. She is regarded by all on that team as their leader and captain, because she is. Yes, US Soccer and the NWSL pay her a salary, and she earns every penny of it.

Why should she keep her mouth shut if she disagrees with the President? I served in the military and I assure you many of us had issues with the President and his policies in my time there. We had no problem using our freedoms granted under the Constitution to be critical. The only thing we missed was the public forum she has. We risked our lives to have these freedoms, so by all means, as Americans, we should express them.

I listened to her speech today and have listened to her in all her interviews. I doubt you have given her 15 minutes of your time to hear ALL she has to say. There is no doubt she loves her country and the millions of people who populate it. She doesn't like our current government for reasons she has eloquently stated several times WHEN ASKED. When US Soccer told her to stop kneeling, she obeyed, as a professional should.

I don't like our government today much either, Democrat or Republican. The times are changing and a new generation of people are rising to leadership. They see the world far differently than those of us from the Boomer and Gen X generations. They have a value system somewhat different than ours.

It was no different when our generations assumed leadership from those before us. You should remember those folks who ran things then. They favored segregation. They favored women who stayed at home and took care of the kids. They favored a world where a woman had to hide in the dark to have an abortion. They favored an corporate world that gave us the hell holes of the Chicago slaughter houses and sweat shops in the back streets of New York. They favored union busting and fought against collective bargaining. And on and on and on.......

That all changed as young people came to power and saw a different and better world. These young people now who will have power within the next decade see a world that they believe will be different and better. And they are going to have it. You can't stop this.

Things change.......
                              I listened to her speech from CNN and Anderson Cooper. Absolute nonsense. Her entire problem seems to be that if you are not getting what you think you deserve, then it is someone else’s ( in this case the POTUS ) or everyone else’s fault by systematic repression as some grand design to only have a selected number of people prosper.

“ America was never great for everyone “ That’s what she is saying. How shallow. Like there is a guarantee for success , a formula that needs to be conjured up by tinkering and meddling here and there. That’s one of the basi problems with Liberals. Progressives and their Leftist leaning doctrine. Sure it has made changes in American culture for the good, but the big picture is a portrait of the contribution to the decline of the American cultural fabric in so many ways.

I will not go into the details, as there isn’t enough time and space to elaborate, and it may offend some here to face the truth that they are unwilling to accept.If only MR and her ilk would be so hell bent on improving the state and quality of Motherhood, which in America is teetering on the edge of extinction. Liberal social policies among other factors have resulted in 50 % divorce rates, 40 % out of wedlock births, the raising of children by financially compensated strangers , the drugging of boys 10 to one over girls, and even the changing of curriculum in many schools.

The POTUS that she attacks , has over the course of his Presidency seen a decline in the number of American on SNAP, a decrease in Americans filing disability claims . Enrollment in Medicaid, Obama care and temporary Assistance for needy families have all dropped too. Not to mention the Americans that now have jobs , and the absolute positive impact on the minority community as recently highlighted by the founder of BET, who is abandoning his support for Democrats. You will not see any of this on CNN , MSNBC and the Leftist MSM>

So what on earth is she complaining about ? she should just shut her mouth, go back to kicking a ball around, at let adults keep doing what ends to be done to keep America heading in the right direction. She fits right in AOC and the new crop of Democrats in Congress.. Clueless.

Comment

So you think we should just then shove the Constitution down the toilet. Those who support the kind of Fascism that Trump believes in usually do.

No one lives forever....even the dragons known as Trump and McConnell.
                                Stop the Propaganda. It isn’t Trump tearing down statues, changing the names of sports teams, destroying art and painting over murals because someone is offended.

Show an example of “ shoving the Constitution down the toilet “ . It isn’t so. There are checks and balances. No one’s rights have been violated by this President. My goodness, the Democrats have filed hundreds of lawsuits for anything and everything. Most of it is nonsense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X