X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Which is exactly why someone wrote "as good as"
    but then your panties wadded up, so that started the conversation.

That conversation happens on barstools about competitions around the world .
    Well, that weren't my panties. Got a pair of free-range boxers on and hanging quite nice, thank you.

I just commented that "you lose in the semi's you can claim 3rd, but that's it."

I will agree, though, that it's not as good as runner-up. It's 3rd...ok...maybe you can call it 2nd runner up?? Would that help?

Comment

Runner-up is first loser

No one cares if the finals loser could or couldn't beat the semis-loser except the butt-hurt fans of those losers (or parents in this case)

Comment

So this is really how close the 02 group was at the NPL Finals so basically anybody could have won. All depended on who played well that day.

Lou Fusz - Champions but loss 2-1 to Quickstrike in group play.
        Campton - Finalist tied Scorpions 1-1 in group play.
        GPS - Semifinalist - Lost to Lou Fusz 2-1 in semifinal
        Quickstrike - Semifinalist but lost 3-1 to Campton.

Soccer is about finishing chances. GPS should have beaten LF in the semifinal game. We hit several crossbars, a post and missed a PK. If we were able to finish these chances we would have won. We also out possessed them in the game. Just was not our game to finish. Also had a chance to watch the Scorpions NPL game against Campton since we played on the same field after and they should have beat Campton and would have been in the semifinals also. They were the better team but also hit a few crossbars and missed a lot of great chances to include 2 breakaways from their right wing.

My point is that the MA teams all did well at the NPL Nationals and on any given day at high level tournament anybody can win if they finish their chances. This is why we play the games. I am very proud that SSS AP Champions, NEFC Finalist and GPS Semifinalist and Scorpions represented MA at this tournament. All the players should be proud of their accomplishments. Good luck and hopefully even more MA teams will win the NPL Finals next year.

Comment

Quickstrike lost 3-1 to Campton but beat LF 2-1 in group play. Forgot to finish my comment

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X