Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting goals on fingers,sipping tea,sliding,cartwheels and fist pumps the obnoxious

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Disrespecting the game. What is this, 1920? Ellen White scores and does the "goggles" celebration and no one cares. Time for people to admit they have an issue with badass women who don't really care what they think. I love the swagger. She earned the right to celebrate.
    i have no issue with the celebrations. i do think that the event has become overly politicized. I do think that the narrative that surrounds the USWNT is not supported by facts. its all bout creating a "story" and them skewing events to fit it. Of course the women should get paid the same rate as the MNT for representing the US, but equal is a misleading word. they play differing numbers of games under different circumstances. in many cases the women will make more in total. the men are not treated like a club, no salaries, no "first call" by the USSF. Equal pay is a slogan trotted out to support an agenda. very few facts.

the USA has found ways to win close games. Much respect to them for that. The days od obvious supremacy are over

Comment

Do you call your child “it” now too. I still use chick, still use dude and will continue to use douche for people like you.

Response to Rapinoe? A she wasn’t playing. B she didn’t do it vs England. Those English chicks should stop worrying about her and start worrying about collectively barging a dental plan to straighten out those teeth
      Unlike most Americans, the Brits have dental care.

Comment

OMFG I've seen a couple of these, but not all. The Toilet was downright hilarious. Can only imagine what would happen if one of the women trotted that one out...

Comment

Counting goals on fingers,sipping tea,sliding,cartwheels and fist pumps the obnoxious

Unlike most Americans, the Brits have dental care.
          yes it showes :)

Comment

yes it showes :)
            yes, it does "showe" :-)

Comment

OMFG I've seen a couple of these, but not all. The Toilet was downright hilarious. Can only imagine what would happen if one of the women trotted that one out...
              The women would never be allowed to live down any of these celebrations.

Comment

i have no issue with the celebrations. i do think that the event has become overly politicized. I do think that the narrative that surrounds the USWNT is not supported by facts. its all bout creating a "story" and them skewing events to fit it. Of course the women should get paid the same rate as the MNT for representing the US, but equal is a misleading word. they play differing numbers of games under different circumstances. in many cases the women will make more in total. the men are not treated like a club, no salaries, no "first call" by the USSF. Equal pay is a slogan trotted out to support an agenda. very few facts.

the USA has found ways to win close games. Much respect to them for that. The days od obvious supremacy are over
                “the USA has found ways to win close games. Much respect to them for that. The days od obvious supremacy are over”. What are you talking about? There must be some new soccer fans on here with comments like this.

Taken from the Women’s World Cup thread the other day, but it’s spot on...

“Do you people know anything about Women’s World Cup history? Teams have been “nipping at our heels” for years. There have been other strong countries for awhile now, just look at the results from the last 3 world cups (not even considering this years). 2007 we didn’t win (Germany), 2011 we didn’t win (Japan).

Take a look at group stage results from the past 3 world cups, this isn’t some new and profound occurrence... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Women's_World_Cup

Comment

“the USA has found ways to win close games. Much respect to them for that. The days od obvious supremacy are over”. What are you talking about? There must be some new soccer fans on here with comments like this.

Taken from the Women’s World Cup thread the other day, but it’s spot on...

“Do you people know anything about Women’s World Cup history? Teams have been “nipping at our heels” for years. There have been other strong countries for awhile now, just look at the results from the last 3 world cups (not even considering this years). 2007 we didn’t win (Germany), 2011 we didn’t win (Japan).

Take a look at group stage results from the past 3 world cups, this isn’t some new and profound occurrence... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Women's_World_Cup
                  I think our side of the bracket was stronger with france and spain (just my opinion so screw you, your gonna hear it anyway). I foresee a blow out win in the finals.....GO USA!!!!!!

Comment

I think our side of the bracket was stronger with france and spain (just my opinion so screw you, your gonna hear it anyway). I foresee a blow out win in the finals.....GO USA!!!!!!
                    England and France had younger, better players than we had, but we had more experience and a deeper bench. Our youth system isn't capable of supporting our team the way Europeans do it. So, as our players age out, European teams will claim the top spots, and that is happening now.

Don't count out a strong Netherlands team or a good Sweden team in the final. Both are capable of beating us. In fact, Netherlands is very underrated.

Comment

England and France had younger, better players than we had, but we had more experience and a deeper bench. Our youth system isn't capable of supporting our team the way Europeans do it. So, as our players age out, European teams will claim the top spots, and that is happening now.

Don't count out a strong Netherlands team or a good Sweden team in the final. Both are capable of beating us. In fact, Netherlands is very underrated.
                      Agreed, but again, why are some people making it out like we have dominated women’s soccer for decades and teams are just starting to catch up? Makes no sense. This is the World Cup, other teams can be expected to beat us and win it. Hopefully we will prevail, as we have in the past couple of closely contested games against Spain, France and England.

Comment

I predict Sweden advancing.

Comment

I predict Sweden advancing.
                          I believe that would be better for the USA than Holland advancing.

Comment

Yeah okay, Pugh, Horan, Lavelle, Dunn, Mewis,... they are ancient!

Comment

Yeah okay, Pugh, Horan, Lavelle, Dunn, Mewis,... they are ancient!
                              You proposing we play 5-a-side going forward?

Comment

Disrespecting the game? You're a idiot. Obviously, you have only ever watched your own kid play pop-up premier. At the high school, college, and professional levels, players of many sports, including soccer, including men's soccer, including women's soccer, celebrate goals. These celebrations are normal for the game.
                                Great parenting advice. Come back to us when you're kid is knocked up and on heroin at 17, we'll say it's part of the game.
                                Play the game, celebrate, don't be obnoxious about it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X