Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Since 98 percent of his girls are from Monroe, Shelton, bridgeport, Stratford or Trumbull, so that would be my guess
    That is where the general student body comes from but not all his players. Every year he talks a few fools into coming from good - and free - school districts.

Comment

Much smaller school yes but can also draw players from multiple towns (I have nothing against that at all, but if your're going to mention Glastonbury's advantage in size of school you have to also acknowledge that St Joe's has an advantage of its own.) Also some of their state titles came against L fields where they were the clear favorites going into the tournament, so not all against "bigger teams". Obviously both GHS and STJ are elite programs, and as someone mentioned already STJ won the only H2H meeting and was also clearly good enough to beat GHS in 2015 if they had been in LL that year.

This is a long way away of course, but if both teams end up on the same side of LL bracket this yr, I think there is a very good chance of a second head to head meeting (I checked CIAC website and it does indeed say St. Joes is in LL this yr.)
      I don't think they've won a LL title in several years and all the more recent ones were L.

Comment

No, i admit that I am not a st joes insider. I don’t live in a trailer either....go figure
        I’m missing your humor, do you really think that people in those towns live in trailers?

Comment

I’m missing your humor, do you really think that people in those towns live in trailers?
          Yes, I do

https://www.zillow.com/sunnyside-tra...rk-shelton-ct/

Comment

That is where the general student body comes from but not all his players. Every year he talks a few fools into coming from good - and free - school districts.
            Nothing is free

Comment

Going where?
              One to Trumbull

Comment

One to Trumbull
                When Trumbull outplayed the last year that was probably the selling point

Comment

Nothing is free
                  I'll take Staples, Ludlow, Barlow, and others over paying for St Joes. If I'm living in Shelton or Bridgeport? Even then there's stronger academic options than St J if you can swing the tuition or qualify for a lot of aid.

Comment

New Canaan wins the FCIAC this year.

Comment

When Trumbull outplayed the last year that was probably the selling point
                      Trumbull lost last year
                      Her CFC coach is the new THS coach that’s the selling point
                      She will help them

Comment

Best joke so far

Comment

Trumbull lost last year
                          Her CFC coach is the new THS coach that’s the selling point
                          She will help them
                          trumbull- new cfc united coach, new field and few good returning players. best sf freshman from last year, going back to public school.

Comment

they will be in top 3-4 definitely

Comment

Now fewer Trumbull girls will go to SJ. Best freshman is leaving for THS. Any others leaving??

THS is a better recruiter obviously

Comment

Now fewer Trumbull girls will go to SJ. Best freshman is leaving for THS. Any others leaving??

THS is a better recruiter obviously
                                who was the best freshman?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X