X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jill Ellis played the gender card in a New York minute

"Cause we are women"

Of course she did, which is BS given the backlash we see from time-to-time around excessive celebration in men's sports as well. Entire sports talk shows are spent debating whether the "bat flip" or the myriad of end zone celebrations are acceptable exuberance or classless show ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Of course she did, which is BS given the backlash we see from time-to-time around excessive celebration in men's sports as well. Entire sports talk shows are spent debating whether the "bat flip" or the myriad of end zone celebrations are acceptable exuberance or classless show ups.
      Man here. And she’s right. If this was the men’s WC, no one would say a word about the score. Men’s hoops regularly wins by 70. The only problem I had was with the celebrations after the 7th goal onward. Act like you’ve been there before.

Comment

Man here. And she’s right. If this was the men’s WC, no one would say a word about the score. Men’s hoops regularly wins by 70. The only problem I had was with the celebrations after the 7th goal onward. Act like you’ve been there before.
        and they have been, many times. It's not about gender at all. There are blowouts in soccer and every other sport. How you handle it as the winner, and the loser, speaks volumes about your character.

Comment

and they have been, many times. It's not about gender at all. There are blowouts in soccer and every other sport. How you handle it as the winner, and the loser, speaks volumes about your character.
          How should we judge your character?....as you judge others that you have never even been in the same room with?

Comment

Actually, not many people are even complaining about the score.

It's the celebrations, and as I really did into it, all but one had a decent reason (first goal in the WC, record-breaking, etc.).

Rapinoe's appears to be the only one that most have an issue with.

Comment

Actually, not many people are even complaining about the score.

It's the celebrations, and as I really did into it, all but one had a decent reason (first goal in the WC, record-breaking, etc.).

Rapinoe's appears to be the only one that most have an issue with.
              And she's not exactly beloved by many

Comment

And she's not exactly beloved by many
                That thought has crossed my mind more than once. If that was Lloyd, would it have been different? I'm sure it affected some thinking.

(Lloyd wouldn't have acted that way, just using her as an example)

Comment

That thought has crossed my mind more than once. If that was Lloyd, would it have been different? I'm sure it affected some thinking.

(Lloyd wouldn't have acted that way, just using her as an example)
                  because you know lloyd personally?

Comment

because you know lloyd personally?
                    At some point, one can look to someone's history and make an educated guess into future behavior. While it's not always accurate when looking for anything in the future, it's a reasonable position to take.

Comment

At some point, one can look to someone's history and make an educated guess into future behavior. While it's not always accurate when looking for anything in the future, it's a reasonable position to take.
                      how did lloyd act when she scored goal #13?????????!!!!!!!

Comment

how did lloyd act when she scored goal #13?????????!!!!!!!
                        Nowhere near like how Rapinoe did.

That's the entire point.

Come one, you need to keep up if you want to play the game. Right now, it just looks like your built too low and all the good ones are going over your head.

Comment

Nowhere near like how Rapinoe did.

That's the entire point.

Come one, you need to keep up if you want to play the game. Right now, it just looks like your built too low and all the good ones are going over your head.

looks like shes celebrating as good and hard as the rest of her team mates (including Rapino)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W48k_mrBWs

Comment

looks like shes celebrating as good and hard as the rest of her team mates (including Rapino)

LOL seriously? I mean, at least try to give a valid argument.

I didn't see her swirling about. I didn't see a 40-yard run followed up with a slide and some dog-leg wagging.

pfftt.....

Comment

I didn’t see anything wrong with her celebration. She just scored her first goal of what will probably be her last WC. She’s also had to work harder than anyone on that team to earn a spot and prove herself. Cut these women some slack and let them enjoy the moment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X