12-0 Really classless.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree the celebration was a bit much. But the goals? Hell, it could have been worse. Thailand moved like cones.

Comment

What if they score 7, and Sweden goes and puts up 8 or 9. Now they are looking to make that up v Chile or needing a win against Sweden in the last game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        You can't fault a team for running up the score at a World Cup when goal differential is being used as a tiebreaker for who advances in what position from the group. It's a very unlikely scenario, sure, but if Sweden were to beat Thailand by one fewer goal than the US did and then the US and Sweden drew in the last group game and both finished on 7 pts, that last goal the US scored theoretically could be the difference as to who wins the group. And I think Thailand's players understand that.
        My apologies I posted a similar thought.

Should've just said "Yeah!" to this....

Comment

Personally I would have called the dogs off early but with the tie breaker it is understandable to run it up.

The celebrations were some of the worst behavior I have seen. Whooping it up on the sidelines like drunken rodeo clowns. It was embarrassing.
          Classless celebrations. I was rooting against the US by the end.

I guess my upcoming World Cup viewing party is going to be a little awkward when I have other countries flags painted on my face and a Rapinoe voodoo doll. Pin the tail on the USWNT team.

Comment

I have to agree. Like no one knew the US was the top team?. Play keep away, play as much of the bench as you can

Lloyd just scored #13.
            First of all, dummy, they only get 3 subs, so that’s all they can take off. Secondly, no one forced Thailand to enter/qualify for the WC. If they aren’t ready to run with the big dogs, they should have stayed on the porch. Thirdly, there is no chance anyone would criticize a men’s team for winning by that margin, nor would they play “keep away”. Lol. Get over it. It’s the WC. If you don’t want to lose 13-0, play better.

I will give you that the celebrations looked a bit silly after the first few.

Comment

I have to agree. Like no one knew the US was the top team?. Play keep away, play as much of the bench as you can

Lloyd just scored #13.
              They are only allowed three subs...they used them all. Learn the rules. Keep away? Would you expect a men’s team to do the same at the World Cup?

Comment

Classless celebrations. I was rooting against the US by the end.

I guess my upcoming World Cup viewing party is going to be a little awkward when I have other countries flags painted on my face and a Rapinoe voodoo doll. Pin the tail on the USWNT team.
                You must be a democrat. They have been rooting against the us for two years

Comment

First of all, dummy, they only get 3 subs, so that’s all they can take off. Secondly, no one forced Thailand to enter/qualify for the WC. If they aren’t ready to run with the big dogs, they should have stayed on the porch. Thirdly, there is no chance anyone would criticize a men’s team for winning by that margin, nor would they play “keep away”. Lol. Get over it. It’s the WC. If you don’t want to lose 13-0, play better.

I will give you that the celebrations looked a bit silly after the first few.
                  Exactly. I have been saying the same things for years but I am always criticized for running the score up on bridgeport Central

BB

Comment

"Called off the dogs". This is probably the same guy who used "snakebitten" in another thread.

You all love your cliches.

You think playing possession for 35+ minutes wouldnt have been disrespectful?

The greatest respect you can show a team is giving them your best for a complete 90 mins.

This ain't rec soccer everyone!
                    Thailand was snakebitten, should have scored one.

Comment

Important to understand

thats just bad karma-teams that do stupid shyte like this always get smoked
                      bad way to start a tourney
                      you do whatever you have to to respect the game and you dont drop a dozen on anyone ever
                      Oh really coach? “Don’t drop a dozen on anyone ever”? How about you tell that to Thailand who beat Indonesia 13-0 in May 2018 in an International Friendly! You people are amazing to me...please have a clue before bîtching and moaning your life away.

Comment

Good lord rapinoe on 9th goal. Airplaning across field like a giddy school girl. She sucks
                        Agree- that part was horrible to watch. I doubt if any in this group will attempt to top this, for the USWNT it shouldn’t mean a darn thing if they win the group by goals, they are the numero uno of this tournament so they shouldn’t have to worry about the seeding for 1st or 2nd place.
                        If the USWNT loses out on this WC this game will be the moment everyone will remember.

Play to win but celebrate with some class.

I hope to god they run into France next round.

Comment

Agree- that part was horrible to watch. I doubt if any in this group will attempt to top this, for the USWNT it shouldn’t mean a darn thing if they win the group by goals, they are the numero uno of this tournament so they shouldn’t have to worry about the seeding for 1st or 2nd place.
                          If the USWNT loses out on this WC this game will be the moment everyone will remember.

Play to win but celebrate with some class.

I hope to god they run into France next round.
                          Agreed on the celebrations, it was frustrating and embarrassing to watch. Not sure what was going through their minds? No problem with the score at all, but I can’t understand celebrating that way after so many goals.

PS - It’s pretty likely they will play France in round of 16.
                          PPS - France only beat Thailand 3-0 in final World Cup tuneup.

Comment

Played it backwards and sideways like oakwood
                            Thailand tried to play like CFC Sky and kick it from the back to their big striker and score. 1 game plan only. I guess that style doesn't work as they get older. oh well.... its a nice ride until then.

Comment

1. This is the biggest stage for these women, not the NY Cup, so celebrate all you want.
                              2. for many of these women it's their first WC appearances and goals, so why not celebrate?
                              3. these women have been fighting like terriers for equality in their sport, yet are still underpaid and undervalued versus our underachieving USMNT, despite 3 stars over the crest, so you know what, go out there and kick the crap out of everyone and celebrate.

I mean seriously folks, in this shi**y world hurdling rapidly towards disaster, let's not go all Madison Bumgartner because of your perceived slights to good sportsmanship.

Comment

Agreed on the celebrations, it was frustrating and embarrassing to watch. Not sure what was going through their minds? No problem with the score at all, but I can’t understand celebrating that way after so many goals.

PS - It’s pretty likely they will play France in round of 16.
                                PPS - France only beat Thailand 3-0 in final World Cup tuneup.
                                They beat the US 3-1, so by that logic they will most likely beat the US by a lot more!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X