Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What I find absent in youth soccer is the inability to use the whole field. I am. It referring to side to side but front to back...back to front....etc etc. it seems that once the ball has gone beyond a certain loo t, it is not allowed to come back to reset.
    Go Forward!

Comment

Go Forward!
      Boot it!

Comment

Go Forward!
        Guessing you are being humorous but the trend of always going backwards drives me crazy. Most often it just seems like the easy way out for poorly trained midfielders. One minute they possess the ball in the middle of the field. The next minute the ball is being booted after making it's way back to the goalie. And when the goalie boots it, more often than not it's coming right back down your throat at the feet of an opposing player.

So in the end the midlfielder is trading 100% possession for a downfield boot from the goalie that is at best a 50/50 ball. Get back to me when you get to Barcelona level training and alter those percentages.

Comment

Guessing you are being humorous but the trend of always going backwards drives me crazy. Most often it just seems like the easy way out for poorly trained midfielders. One minute they possess the ball in the middle of the field. The next minute the ball is being booted after making it's way back to the goalie. And when the goalie boots it, more often than not it's coming right back down your throat at the feet of an opposing player.

So in the end the midlfielder is trading 100% possession for a downfield boot from the goalie that is at best a 50/50 ball. Get back to me when you get to Barcelona level training and alter those percentages.
          Drives me crazy when GKs just boot the ball and parents ooh and ah when it clears the center line. Most times they've just given the ball away.

Comment

Boot it!
            Send it, get it outta there and big kick always get applause

Comment

The key is to know how to move without the ball when your team has possession. American kids have no clue.

Comment

Send it, get it outta there and big kick always get applause
                Like 350-yard drives into the woods!

Comment

The key is to know how to move without the ball when your team has possession. American kids have no clue.
                  Because they don’t watch the game intelligently, which is entirely the parents’ fault.
                  Soccer is a visual sport easily taught to someone who watches...not so easy if they don’t

Comment

The Dutch spend majority of training session teaching off the ball movement, which as you point out, is the key to it all.
                    No need to play more than 2 or 3 touch if they know where to go.
                    Get rid of dribbling completely😳😳😳😳

Comment

Because they don’t watch the game intelligently, which is entirely the parents’ fault.
                      Soccer is a visual sport easily taught to someone who watches...not so easy if they don’t
                      and how many US kids spend time watching pro games? Virtually none. Abroad watching games is a weekend family/social ritual plus it's easier to go watch plenty of games in person at all different levels.

Comment

In American Football, wide receivers run set patterns attempting to find an opening in the defense. The QB(CM) looks for a place to locate his pass. Soccer play involves less stoppages. Players need to find spaces in the defense.

Comment

In American Football, wide receivers run set patterns attempting to find an opening in the defense. The QB(CM) looks for a place to locate his pass. Soccer play involves less stoppages. Players need to find spaces in the defense.
                          Nice result last night
                          Boyd and Arriola the new Messi and Suarez?

Comment

Nice result last night
                            Boyd and Arriola the new Messi and Suarez?
                            Couldn't win the big game against T&T though could they? Yay, we beat another very small, poor country! We showed them who is King of soccer.

Comment

Couldn't win the big game against T&T though could they? Yay, we beat another very small, poor country! We showed them who is King of soccer.
                              Klinsmann era vs Berhalter

Comment

Yessssss! I’ve seen too many coaches favor the mid who immediately pulls the ball back, turns and either dribbles backwards or sideways for awhile and then passes it back to a defender - almost every single time! But Look at their ball control and dribbling and they possess the ball for a long time...they’re so good. This even when we’re down on goals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X