Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my scorecard:

Competition - Even (Good teams in both. Level of play in top bracket is about the same. Silverlakes has a good mixture of ECNL/GDA teams in top brackets so nice to see the cross-play. I might even give a slight nod to Silverlakes because of the cross-play matchups you can't see many other places. )
    Weather - Surf (No Contest. 80 degrees vs. mid-90's or more)
    Location - Surf (No Contest. North San Diego County >>>> San Bernardino County)
    Parking - Silverlakes (more organized. easier to get in/out)
    Venue - Silverlakes (Field conditions better at Silverlakes. The restaurant/bar is great. The stadium is great for the big games )
    Coaches in Attendance - Even
    Organization - Silverlakes (Golf carts for each team. Fun activities. Evening BBQ at the little man-made lake with music, food trucks and bar)

Comment

Is this a tournament where rich kids get to play other rich kids all the while pretending they are after a scholarship because they can’t afford it ? US soccer is a joke get over yourself ! To have snooty parents comparing how privileged their kids are is the reason the US is and always will be **** at the worlds sport .

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Is this a tournament where rich kids get to play other rich kids all the while pretending they are after a scholarship because they can’t afford it ? US soccer is a joke get over yourself ! To have snooty parents comparing how privileged their kids are is the reason the US is and always will be **** at the worlds sport .
        Then why are you even on here? Parents wanted info on the venues, not you shouting from your soap box.

Comment

Here's my scorecard:

Competition - Even (Good teams in both. Level of play in top bracket is about the same. Silverlakes has a good mixture of ECNL/GDA teams in top brackets so nice to see the cross-play. I might even give a slight nod to Silverlakes because of the cross-play matchups you can't see many other places. )
          Weather - Surf (No Contest. 80 degrees vs. mid-90's or more)
          Location - Surf (No Contest. North San Diego County >>>> San Bernardino County)
          Parking - Silverlakes (more organized. easier to get in/out)
          Venue - Silverlakes (Field conditions better at Silverlakes. The restaurant/bar is great. The stadium is great for the big games )
          Coaches in Attendance - Even
          Organization - Silverlakes (Golf carts for each team. Fun activities. Evening BBQ at the little man-made lake with music, food trucks and bar)
          Yep. Also if you are planning events for your club, Silverlakes is cheaper and you get 45 min halves.

That said, unless you are actually the one choosing the venue for the club, most os us are just along for the ride. This year is the 03 players turn to be scouted, so get busy writing those emails kids. If you are going to Silverlakes, Friday is your best shot to be "scouted" or discovered. As mentioned before, Sat and Sun will be more targeted as far as coaches coming to watch.

Comment

Then why are you even on here? Parents wanted info on the venues, not you shouting from your soap box.
            Better get writing your emails ... your kid needs to be discovered to play for Nebraska green rivers technical college . Bet that $20 k this year was well spent 😂 let’s all go to Dan Diego and pretend we are the best of the rich kids . I have news for you , elitism is the only thing you have going for you .

Comment

Get a life. Folks are trying to weigh options relative to competing tournaments. No one is interested in watching you demonstrate your immaturity. Go back to reddit.

Comment

Didn’t touch a reality nerve did I ? You keep drinking the kool aide ....

Comment

Didn’t touch a reality nerve did I ? You keep drinking the kool aide ....
                  LOL. You keep bitching and moaning about people discussing the Surf Cup on a thread about the Surf Cup. It looks like you're the one whose nerve has been touched, since you seem to be upset about "rich kids" going San Diego. Ignore the thread if you don't like the subject, but spare us your bitching and moaning.

Comment

Is anyone going to Silver Lakes this summer or are all the clubs doing Surf?
                    From what I hear this is the local breakdown on who is playing in each tourney :

WPFC - Silverlakes
                    PAC - Surf
                    Reign - Surf
                    CF - Surf
                    SU - Silverlakes

I haven't heard re EFC, any EFC folks care to chime in?

Comment

From what I hear this is the local breakdown on who is playing in each tourney :

WPFC - Silverlakes
                      PAC - Surf
                      Reign - Surf
                      CF - Surf
                      SU - Silverlakes

I think it depends on the age and which team at those clubs. I have heard some SU at Silverlakes and some SU at Surf. I have heard some Eastside at Surf and some Eastside at neither.

Comment

none

Surf has shorter games -4 games minimum. Silverlakes longer games, 3 total. Silverlakes mixes DA and ECNL teams. Surf has typically separated DA into their own DA-sanctioned event and played DA rules in the past. DA teams can't play 3 games in 3 days, much less 3 games in 2 days. DA teams instead have played 4 games over 5 days - so it gets to be a long event. Surf Cup may have changed that for this year, but that's how they did it the last 2 years.

For Surf - boys play at Polo Fields (parking is tortured and can be congested.) Girls play at Oceanside (no issues with parking or congestion.) At their best, Surf and Silverlakes both have great fields. Silverlakes has the restaurant/bar (but can't really watch games from there like Starfire #2 - just useful to get out of the heat, especially since there is no shade) and they play music and do a good job on the atmosphere.

For me, I would always chose Surf Cup (if I had any say) as I'd rather be near San Diego and the coast than in suburbia desert town in 100 degree heat. It's a dreadful place and dreadful time to be there, and I personally don't think my kid needs to be playing in 100 degree heat. I'd save Silverlakes for November. Those CA teams should come to the PNW for a summer tourney instead.

Comment

WPFC - Silverlakes
                          PAC - Surf
                          Reign - Surf
                          CF - Surf
                          SU - Silverlakes

EFC ECNL -> Surf. Some Red teams (or maybe all) going to Silverlakes.

Comment

So Surf appears to be the place to go over Silverlakes. All NW ecnl teams except WPFC and some SU are going to Surf this summer. Good luck to all of our teams at both.

Comment

none

The high today at Silverlakes was 104 degrees.

Comment

WPFC - Silverlakes
                                PAC - Surf
                                Reign - Surf
                                CF - Surf
                                SU - Silverlakes

ISC Gunners will be at Surf like normal.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X