Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Threads like this show the desperation in NEFC country and how much in trouble they really are. They were in Ecnl as Breakers and they were given the possibility to return to it last year and put the nail in the coffin to DA. JD was willing to swallow his pride and let it happen to stick it to Us Soccer. The execs at Nefc trusted that DA will be it and they underestimated the devastating exodus of Ecnl clubs. There is no way they will be given another lifeline when there is a clear flux of players from DA to Ecnl. Bye bye Nefc.
    Shows how uninformed you are. Stars isn’t the only club around maybe you don’t know that but then again you like the koolaid

Comment

Shows how uninformed you are. Stars isn’t the only club around maybe you don’t know that but then again you like the koolaid
      Inform me. Is DA, specially in NE, that good? NYFC is pulling out and that's only half decent competition around here. You are stuck and alone. The flux is towards ECNL.

Comment

Inform me. Is DA, specially in NE, that good? NYFC is pulling out and that's only half decent competition around here. You are stuck and alone. The flux is towards ECNL.
        How can anything be "toward" ECNL? it's not like they are welcoming anyone new.

My unofficial poll results show 75% of the people don't care which league they are in, they go where the club goes - and most clubs are locked out of ECNL.

Comment

How can anything be "toward" ECNL? it's not like they are welcoming anyone new.

My unofficial poll results show 75% of the people don't care which league they are in, they go where the club goes - and most clubs are locked out of ECNL.
          ECNl would be more than happy to take quality clubs in order to weaken GDA. It's a battle for market share, gloves are off. People may not care what league they play in but the do care about the quality of competition and training and what they're getting out of it.

Comment

ECNl would be more than happy to take quality clubs in order to weaken GDA. It's a battle for market share, gloves are off. People may not care what league they play in but the do care about the quality of competition and training and what they're getting out of it.
            No.

The N'East GDA teams are there because they couldn't get into ECNL. There needs to be a level above NPL, and they chose what were available to them.

If ECNL would be "more than happy to take quality clubs" they would've already. Better to put in their own B teams than to allow outside competition.

Comment

No.

The N'East GDA teams are there because they couldn't get into ECNL. There needs to be a level above NPL, and they chose what were available to them.

If ECNL would be "more than happy to take quality clubs" they would've already. Better to put in their own B teams than to allow outside competition.
              Agree and that's exactly what ECNL2 will be

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                Agree and that's exactly what ECNL2 will be
                I don’t know who started with the trashing of Stars - BTDT? - but based on what is written here, I’m not sure why Stars or PDA would do anything to help NEFC. And we are a longtime NEFC Family.

Comment

I don’t know who started with the trashing of Stars - BTDT? - but based on what is written here, I’m not sure why Stars or PDA would do anything to help NEFC. And we are a longtime NEFC Family.
                  So, in agreement that Stars pulls the strings around here?

No different than GPS with NEP?

Leagues should be run without Club intervention. For all the faults of DA, and there are many, at least they are not controlled by individual club's interests.

Comment

So, in agreement that Stars pulls the strings around here?

No different than GPS with NEP?

Leagues should be run without Club intervention. For all the faults of DA, and there are many, at least they are not controlled by individual club's interests.
                    Those clubs stepped in and created ECNL when USSF created DA for boys and decided that the girls' side of things didn't matter enough to offer the same opportunity. Let's not paint USSF as a model of fairness... They were late to the game because they chose to be and then they tried to kill a league that has been doing a pretty good job of serving the needs of top-level female players for the past 10+ years (and failed miserably). The clubs that started ECNL control it--just like any other start-up business.

That said, I think it would be great if NEFC moved to ECNL... and I think you'd find that most Stars parents probably feel the same way.

Comment

No.

NEFC's issues are self created. Make no mistake, BM burned a crap-ton of bridges building his empire.

Comment

Those clubs stepped in and created ECNL when USSF created DA for boys and decided that the girls' side of things didn't matter enough to offer the same opportunity. Let's not paint USSF as a model of fairness... They were late to the game because they chose to be and then they tried to kill a league that has been doing a pretty good job of serving the needs of top-level female players for the past 10+ years (and failed miserably). The clubs that started ECNL control it--just like any other start-up business.

That said, I think it would be great if NEFC moved to ECNL... and I think you'd find that most Stars parents probably feel the same way.
                        Cool post. Doesn't discount that the league is run by the clubs, and they make decisions on who gets in and who doesn't.

Not the league, the clubs.

Comment

NEFC's issues are self created. Make no mistake, BM burned a crap-ton of bridges building his empire.
                          Empire that is falling and failing quickly. He actually thought that he can do it like any other merchandise and forgot that this is people's business. CH and RL took girls to new heights while EK and CB on the boys side did the same. 3 of them no longer involved. The brand, pride and competition are phasing out quickly. "How many players you have and what is your budget" model will not cut it.

Comment

Nefc not struggling,but would be competitive in Ecnl and help more kids be seen.Its all about the kids right?

Comment

Nefc not struggling,but would be competitive in Ecnl and help more kids be seen.Its all about the kids right?
                              Tell me why I should bring my above average ECNL player to NEFC?

Comment

Who’s to say their are not already Ecnl players at NEFC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X