Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silverlakes

Silverlakes is hot but the venue is well run. As for coaches, there were tons the first day but when Surf started there was a lot of drop off. I

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Was that the year it was 104 degrees? How did WA girls handle playing in that heat? Nice to hear about the first day but bummed to hear about less than 5 coaches at the 2nd two days...
      Wondering the same thing about the heat. Not sure my PNW girl will show to her potential in that kind of heat. What if coaches see her and cross her off their list? Is it better to maybe not go and take that risk? Wish we were going to Surf instead.

Comment

Surf

Was that the year it was 104 degrees? How did WA girls handle playing in that heat? Nice to hear about the first day but bummed to hear about less than 5 coaches at the 2nd two days...
        It was last year. It got above 100 at least once.

Comment

It was last year. It got above 100 at least once.
          Praying this year is cooler...

Comment

Are the Surf Cup brackets or accepted teams list out yet?

Comment

Are the Surf Cup brackets or accepted teams list out yet?
              Surf and Silverlakes brackets are both out. Silverlakes has the better competition but surf has the better coaches list. Wonder if the coaches will go to both or don’t want to be out in the heat of Silverlakes?

Comment

Surf and Silverlakes brackets are both out. Silverlakes has the better competition but surf has the better coaches list. Wonder if the coaches will go to both or don’t want to be out in the heat of Silverlakes?
                I'm really surprised about how weak the Surf competition is this year in the top bracket. Half of the teams in the top bracket wouldn't even have gotten a sniff in past years. Silverlakes looks way better.

Comment

I'm really surprised about how weak the Surf competition is this year in the top bracket. Half of the teams in the top bracket wouldn't even have gotten a sniff in past years. Silverlakes looks way better.

I hope Ford sponsors Silverlakes next year so the brackets are Focus and Fiesta. :)

Comment

For all you Reign haters out there here is proof that the Reign is a bunch of Hackers. Check the main rotating image on their website.

https://www.silverlakestournaments.c...showcase-2019/

P.S. This comment is satirical and meant to illicit a smile.

Comment

Hearing the temps will be in the 130s...that is hot.

Comment

Agree. I don’t even recognize half the team names at Surf this year. On the other hand, a bunch of PNW teams got into Surf this year (even weaker Black division) but it is Surf and the coaches list is long so that’s the silver lining. The bad part is the college coaches must also realize the competition is weak and doing well against weak competition doesn’t help much for recruiting. Or does it?

Comment

What is going on with Surf these days? Never thought I would see the day that they would take a back seat to a tourney on the same weekend. Silverlakes to be trending while Surf is going the other direction. Curious to as why?

Just looking at the G03s

Surf- 16 teams in top bracket
                          3 DA
                          3 ECNL

Silverlakes- 16 teams in top bracket
                          3 DA
                          9 ECNL

We will check back next year to see which way the numbers go.

Comment

Agree. I don’t even recognize half the team names at Surf this year. On the other hand, a bunch of PNW teams got into Surf this year (even weaker Black division) but it is Surf and the coaches list is long so that’s the silver lining. The bad part is the college coaches must also realize the competition is weak and doing well againstweak competition doesn’t help much for recruiting. Or does it?
                            The coaches lists isn’t always accurate. Some register way in advance and plans change, and some don’t even register at all, so I would take that with a grain of salt. Doubt there will be many scouts watching the lower level games, since in general there are fewer high level players in those games. I would bet that now that the schedules for Silverlakes and Surf have been released, coaches will shift their focus to Silverlakes as there will be a lot more high level layers there than at Surf.

Comment

The coaches lists isn’t always accurate. Some register way in advance and plans change, and some don’t even register at all, so I would take that with a grain of salt. Doubt there will be many scouts watching the lower level games, since in general there are fewer high level players in those games. I would bet that now that the schedules for Silverlakes and Surf have been released, coaches will shift their focus to Silverlakes as there will be a lot more high level layers there than at Surf.
                              I can’t seem to find the Surf Cup coaches list. Can someone who isn’t internet lame, please post the link?

Comment

Just was scrolling through some Surf Cup scores and saw that the PAC 04 ECNL team tied San Diego Surf 04 USSDA team. Impressive considering Surf DA is one of the top in the nation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X