Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    At least they win .... same can't be said for the USMNT who play a ton of weak and small 3rd world countries to much less desirable results match after match, year after year. And when the women have played top 10 teams they have beaten them as well, nearly every time.
    this has nothing to do with the men. US soccer fans are unable to see thru the carefully built narrative. Right now, the team is not the best team the USA could put out. its old and past its prime. the reason it is that way is because image is more important than talent.
    AS the game changes in the rest of the world, the USSF better start picking the best players at all levels because simply having more players will not be enough.

Once upon a time, the US had the best players in the world. Not the US "edge" has been reduced to having the most good player in the world. If I were Real Madrid, looking to buy my way into the womens game, there is is not a single USA player on my list of must haves.

world rankings in the womens game are beyond meaningless given the unbalanced schedules and how countries view their teams. the USA plays controlled friendlies at home and acts like they are meaningful. Nike gave big money to Mallory Pugh...why? what has she done? other than score vs Thailand, a team that a good college team would beat convincingly. the USA need to get back to letting talent be the biggest factor, not image and politics because now it matters WHO you pick at every level - from coaches administrators and players - throughout the senior and youth ranks

Comment

USA - Spain PK

this has nothing to do with the men. US soccer fans are unable to see thru the carefully built narrative. Right now, the team is not the best team the USA could put out. its old and past its prime. the reason it is that way is because image is more important than talent.
      AS the game changes in the rest of the world, the USSF better start picking the best players at all levels because simply having more players will not be enough.

Once upon a time, the US had the best players in the world. Not the US "edge" has been reduced to having the most good player in the world. If I were Real Madrid, looking to buy my way into the womens game, there is is not a single USA player on my list of must haves.

world rankings in the womens game are beyond meaningless given the unbalanced schedules and how countries view their teams. the USA plays controlled friendlies at home and acts like they are meaningful. Nike gave big money to Mallory Pugh...why? what has she done? other than score vs Thailand, a team that a good college team would beat convincingly. the USA need to get back to letting talent be the biggest factor, not image and politics because now it matters WHO you pick at every level - from coaches administrators and players - throughout the senior and youth ranks

WHO CARES????!!!!!! just put the hottest chicks on the team and let them bounce around on the pitch....this is all we want to see, win or lose, its all good!!!!!!!!!!!!(best way to get game attendance and revenues up). :)

Comment

WHO CARES????!!!!!! just put the hottest chicks on the team and let them bounce around on the pitch....this is all we want to see, win or lose, its all good!!!!!!!!!!!!(best way to get game attendance and revenues up). :)
        And keep a camera just on them. I agree

Comment

USA - Spain PK

And keep a camera just on them. I agree
          i think instead of shorts they should play in a spandex type skirt....Like the Pro female Golfers....just saying.... :)

Comment

i think instead of shorts they should play in a spandex type skirt....Like the Pro female Golfers....just saying.... :)
            White shorts are fine.

Comment

USA - Spain PK

White shorts are fine.
              i was going to say let them play in officially licensed "Fredericks of Hollywood" attire...but then the topic would become a bit ridiculous :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X