Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPSL Playoffs

WPSL playoffs are set for this weekend with NE Mutiny hosting a team from Syracuse and Breakers visiting Empire FC from Western NY. Anyone take in any of the regular season games?

I saw a couple of Aztec and Breakers games playing Seacoast and other teams. Nice soccer. No admission fee. Very enjoyable if you love soccer. More young female players, and everyone else should be attending these events.

Comment

Agreed. I saw Breakers play Mutiny and was impressed with the quality of play. I came away realizing that there are some really strong players flying under the radar at lesser named schools.

Comment

The Breakers are all about SM from BC. Shut her down (or hope she doesn't show up) and they are very beatable. But she is a beast for them.

Comment

Spot on. I saw the 5-0 loss to the Mutiny and the two center backs totally shut down the offense and SM in particular. They were very impressive as we're the two outside backs. Mutiny overall were surprisingly superior to the breakers on this day. They could meet again if they both win on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            The Breakers are all about SM from BC. Shut her down (or hope she doesn't show up) and they are very beatable. But she is a beast for them.
            Gee dya think? She has scored 15 out of 24 goals and then 3 of the remaining 9 were scored by SR from UConn. SM is a beast for them but really this speaks of an extremely unbalanced attack. Both SM and SR had a single assist (I wonder if it was for each other). What are the other players doing - standing and watching? I guess you can't fault them for holding onto the ball if no one else is capable.

http://www.bostonbreakerssoccer.com/...d/index_E.html

Comment

Baconator sizzling hot summer fun. High flying Eagle domination one short month away!

Comment

Gee dya think? She has scored 15 out of 24 goals and then 3 of the remaining 9 were scored by SR from UConn. SM is a beast for them but really this speaks of an extremely unbalanced attack. Both SM and SR had a single assist (I wonder if it was for each other). What are the other players doing - standing and watching? I guess you can't fault them for holding onto the ball if no one else is capable.

No-one else capable?? The roster is loaded with talented players.

Comment

No-one else capable?? The roster is loaded with talented players.
                  I thought so too. Does anyone who's seen a game have an explanation for why one player has scored the vast majority of the goals and only has one assist? Typically strikers know when to score and when to pass off (if only to call for the ball again almost immediately). Maybe they're good players who cannot finish?

She is a very good player in the toughest women's collegiate soccer conference and I rather doubt she doesn't know how to pass. Therefore the stats either reflect she is not passing (because she has learned it is useless) or those passes are going to players who can't finish so no assists are ensuing. No smart player would deliberately ignore other players up front and she is smart. Is there something I'm missing?

Comment

Yes. You are missing your Chestnut Hill, maroon and gold colored glasses. Toss those on while tossing back a few tall boys and the scintillating, fun, fine feathered friends come into clear focus. Fly like an Eagle!

Comment

20 goals scored but only 7 assists total?

Comment

It's tought to gel in a short summer season with players in and out due to work and vacation but it appears the Breakers may not be a cohesive team and are relying on creating turnovers with one v one situations to create offense. Against the better teams in WPSL they haven't scored many goals. They were 0-1-1 against the Mutiny and didnt score a goal in either game. The loss was 5-0 which I witnessed and it wasn't pretty.

Comment

I just looked at the rosters and results of the four local teams and am scratching my head, first that the Aztecs aren't in post season games and than some of the results. I know that players may not be available for all games, but still there are some really odd results considering these rosters..

Comment

Not sure what your suggesting but I saw the breakers play the mutiny and the mutiny were by far the more talented team at every position. The back four were exceptional and SM was frustrated very early and wasn't a factor. Looking at the results it's pretty clear to me that there were two weak seacoast teams and four very good teams.

Comment

Not sure what your suggesting but I saw the breakers play the mutiny and the mutiny were by far the more talented team at every position. The back four were exceptional and SM was frustrated very early and wasn't a factor. Looking at the results it's pretty clear to me that there were two weak seacoast teams and four very good teams.
                              The Seacoast Mariners lost 4 of their game by just one goal, so are not that far behind. This is a summer league and players drift in and out of the teams which is why most rosters were quite large. Well done to all the teams that played some entertaining soccer and best of luck to both MA teams in the playoff games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X