Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I actually think that makes for more interesting soccer, not less, during the season with no true dominant team. Just my opinion, but that should make for more competitive games week in and week out. Seems Masuk SHOULD cruise along, not dominate, but should be at the top of the league come November.
    The only thing maduk will do is boot the ball to their target. Vrry direct. All day long

Comment

The only thing maduk will do is boot the ball to their target. Vrry direct. All day long
      so then it should be very easy to stop- how did your team do stopping it?

Comment

so then it should be very easy to stop- how did your team do stopping it?
        Masuk went 17-3-2 W/L/T last year, including losing to St Joes in the finals 4-0. Seems St Joes figured out how to stop them, along with Pomperaug and Barlow. Newtown and East Lyme (ties); Pomperaug and Guildford also tied them in playoff games but Masuk won on PKs

Comment

Masuk went 17-3-2 W/L/T last year, including losing to St Joes in the finals 4-0. Seems St Joes figured out how to stop them, along with Pomperaug and Barlow. Newtown and East Lyme (ties); Pomperaug and Guildford also tied them in playoff games but Masuk won on PKs
          st Js certainly stopped them but all the others were 1 goal games thats not stopping anything thats getting one more than them or Tying
          if it were that easy the record would have been 3-17-2

Comment

st Js certainly stopped them but all the others were 1 goal games thats not stopping anything thats getting one more than them or Tying
            if it were that easy the record would have been 3-17-2
            We also had a few wins that were squeakers, plus some blowouts against the usual SWC cakewalks. We did lose a few quality players and I don't know much about who might be coming in. If they're equally as good and ramp up to varsity quickly we should have a similar year

Masuk parent

Comment

Not to nit pick but Pomperaug beat them in the regular season but didn't play them in the playoffs. Pomperaug lost to Joel Barlow in OT in the SWC. Masuk beat Joel Barlow in the playoffs.

Comment

Not to nit pick but Pomperaug beat them in the regular season but didn't play them in the playoffs. Pomperaug lost to Joel Barlow in OT in the SWC. Masuk beat Joel Barlow in the playoffs, but lost the SWC title to Barlow.
                small change. goes to show how close it was at the top in swc last year. hard to predict where it will go this year but masuk should be at or near the top

Comment

We also had a few wins that were squeakers, plus some blowouts against the usual SWC cakewalks. We did lose a few quality players and I don't know much about who might be coming in. If they're equally as good and ramp up to varsity quickly we should have a similar year

Masuk parent
                  the fact that you had to start a Frosh after an injury tells you what is coming in. you will be young

Comment

New Fairfield.....not known for sports teams. Since 2010 they have won 7 state championships competing in lower level divisions against schools that have similar or worse experience with athletics. None have been for boys or girls soccer. I doubt they are any better next year.

I can't ignore the ignorance here. I lived in NF up until a few years ago and still keep tabs on my old town. It is definitely a small town, but they sure do compete. No they don't get to recruit like the private schools and they are not a LL school like Newtown, etc. NF football team has been SWC champ and state finalist/semi-finalist/quarters several years in a row. Girl's basketball SWC and State Champions this year/semi-finalist last year. Girls lacrosse state champs this year. Boys lacrosse state semifinalist. Baseball state quarters this year. Wrestling State open champs last year. Hockey (combined) state semis. And there are more of course. Stop being ignorant. For a small town, they actually compete better than most other towns. Are they a soccer power, no they are not. Have they gotten better, yes. If they lost in the state quarters 1-0, that would suggest they were on of the 8 best teams in class M.

Comment

I can't ignore the ignorance here. I lived in NF up until a few years ago and still keep tabs on my old town. It is definitely a small town, but they sure do compete. No they don't get to recruit like the private schools and they are not a LL school like Newtown, etc. NF football team has been SWC champ and state finalist/semi-finalist/quarters several years in a row. Girl's basketball SWC and State Champions this year/semi-finalist last year. Girls lacrosse state champs this year. Boys lacrosse state semifinalist. Baseball state quarters this year. Wrestling State open champs last year. Hockey (combined) state semis. And there are more of course. Stop being ignorant. For a small town, they actually compete better than most other towns. Are they a soccer power, no they are not. Have they gotten better, yes. If they lost in the state quarters 1-0, that would suggest they were on of the 8 best teams in class M.
                      One SWC football championship in 21 years. Impressive

Comment

the fact that you had to start a Frosh after an injury tells you what is coming in. you will be young
                        In SWC it isn't that unusual for there to be a freshmen or two or three on V. Bigger schools much less so unless they're super studs. Besides, wasn't headband a freshman this year? Yeah, Masuk was going to start her :)

Comment

In SWC it isn't that unusual for there to be a freshmen or two or three on V. Bigger schools much less so unless they're super studs. Besides, wasn't headband a freshman this year? Yeah, Masuk was going to start her :)
                          Agreed. Plus "had to start a freshman" vs choosing to start a freshman are completely different. I'm guessing said Freshman was the best fit at the position.

Comment

Agreed. Plus "had to start a freshman" vs choosing to start a freshman are completely different. I'm guessing said Freshman was the best fit at the position.
                            no doubt- but thats an indictment of your sophs and juniors
                            as to the OP - headband is a forward and also a frosh ( and would play on all teams in the state as a frosh) - much different than starting a frosh center back against an all american and powerhouse offensive team in a state championship game- the responsibilities and pressure are entirely different

Comment

no doubt- but thats an indictment of your sophs and juniors
                              as to the OP - headband is a forward and also a frosh ( and would play on all teams in the state as a frosh) - much different than starting a frosh center back against an all american and powerhouse offensive team in a state championship game- the responsibilities and pressure are entirely different
                              Seems the coach thought she (whoever she is since I don't know) thought they were the best for the job. Since they lost 4-0 to St Joes it seems few on Marsuk were ready for it. No doubt headband can go toe to toe but Masuk doesn't have the bench depth St Joes does

Comment

Seems the coach thought she (whoever she is since I don't know) thought they were the best for the job. Since they lost 4-0 to St Joes it seems few on Marsuk were ready for it. No doubt headband can go toe to toe but Masuk doesn't have the bench depth St Joes does
                                that game was lost in the midfield and on the sideline not at either end
                                0-0 at half, jack adjusted Masuk didn't and it got ugly fast

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X