01/02 - Thorns Academy roster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Ecnl doesn't charge you if you don't travel. Ecnl also lets the girls play HS soccer. Ecnl bench warmers can also get game time in guesting with the club's premier teams, boys teams or any teams they want. GDA players not allowed ANY soccer outside of the GDA (except for NT commitments bench players won't have). GDA looks great for the top 11. Meh for 12-15 and downright dismal for 16-25.

Thorns OR 01/02 team have 16 returning players. Other than beating out the kept-for-carpool kind of players, there isn't much hope for playing time for the rest.

Comment

Will playing down be allowed? I know some will say No but the Thorns make up their own rules sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Will playing down be allowed? I know some will say No but the Thorns make up their own rules sometimes.
        Playing down is the only hope Thorns has of winning a game against powerhouse teams like Burlingame.

Comment

Looks like the Easter Bunny finally put all the rotten eggs in one basket. #excuses #charitycase #fingerpointer #clubhopper #itsallthecoachesfault

Comment

Stop the bs. All the ECNL players pay $1800 to $2000 just to get in the club and are still on the hook for ALL of their own travel costs which is around $8000 per year.

The GDA pays ALL of those travel costs for their players.

Now we know why you chose to be a "full time" youth soccer coach. That mathematics wasn't your strong suit growing up.
            The GDA doesn't pay for travel. Oregon families do via OYSA league fees and tourneys. YOU ARE WELCOME.

Show some class.

Comment

I am so confused as to why a parent would post saying that the best talent for 01/02 on the team. I went back to look over the roster to make sure I didn't miss something and I still don't get it. I do wish you good luck however since basically after looking over the roster I think the same will happen as every year thus far for this Thorns team. Good luck!

Comment

Ask yourself, even if it everything was free, would it be worth it?

Told my neighbor who owns a Benz that he could have gotten a Kia for a 1/3rd of the price and he laughed at me.....F him.

Comment

I am so confused as to why a parent would post saying that the best talent for 01/02 on the team. I went back to look over the roster to make sure I didn't miss something and I still don't get it. I do wish you good luck however since basically after looking over the roster I think the same will happen as every year thus far for this Thorns team. Good luck!
                  I hate to agree but this charade has been going on for years now. It's so watered down. Unstable program, zero decent track record. It's going to take some time to rebuild and along the way, they will face parents and kids who cringe choosing that route. But it is cheap with a name. Like you say - good luck.

Comment

This post is why you saw some FCP and CU girls on the GDA roster. Call it the Benchwarmer Shuffle.
                    I'd hardly call the former FC ECNL kids that joined the oldest team benchwarmers. They all started and played significant minutes.

Comment

I'd hardly call the former FC ECNL kids that joined the oldest team benchwarmers. They all started and played significant minutes.
                      This is the 01/02 thread. None of the invited FC Players for Thorns 01/02 are choosing Thorns Academy.

Comment

No they didn't. One of them rarely played ECNL and didn't even start when playing on the "B" team in OYSA.

Besides, most of the ECNL girls that were selected opted out of GDA to do ECNL again.

Comment

No they didn't. One of them rarely played ECNL and didn't even start when playing on the "B" team in OYSA.

Besides, most of the ECNL girls that were selected opted out of GDA to do ECNL again.
                          It would be helpful to mention the local club not the league, Oregon has only (1) USDA program with the Thorns and nearly 100 clubs that play in a smorgasbord of league choices.

Thanks

Comment

This is the 01/02 thread. None of the invited FC Players for Thorns 01/02 are choosing Thorns Academy.
                            They turned it down? Wow. That's gotta hurt.

Comment

Not benchwarmers, but not impact players except for one or two. Others are rubbish.

Comment

It would be helpful to mention the local club not the league, Oregon has only (1) USDA program with the Thorns and nearly 100 clubs that play in a smorgasbord of league choices.

Thanks
                                Nobody knows what the heck you are talking about. The USDA Ground Chuck league failed to get the top clubs and teams so they are kind of like the hamburger you get in a TV dinner. Mysterious and chewy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X