Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODP/RTC a complete waste of time & money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP Bait and Switch

Just got my fourth email inviting my DD to try out for ODP. This is the first one that mentions the minor detail that the 2000's and 2001's are forming just one combined team. So my guess is many parents who were dumb enough to to sign up and pay for tryouts when the first, second, or third email arrived are feeling pretty scammed right now. Sign up for what you think is a competition among 2001 players for a roster spot...only to find out AFTER you pay that they are throwing the 2000's into the mix. Typical TA money grabbing scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Just got my fourth email inviting my DD to try out for ODP. This is the first one that mentions the minor detail that the 2000's and 2001's are forming just one combined team. So my guess is many parents who were dumb enough to to sign up and pay for tryouts when the first, second, or third email arrived are feeling pretty scammed right now. Sign up for what you think is a competition among 2001 players for a roster spot...only to find out AFTER you pay that they are throwing the 2000's into the mix. Typical TA money grabbing scam.
      They had to combine them as they only had about 6 people signed up - TOTAL

Comment

It's hard to recruit good coaches to odp since nobody really thinks it's valuable anymore. And the pay isn't good.
        Non stop desperate emails trying to get us to sign up again. Not after the crappy coaching last year. What a waste of weekend time. And they want you to give up Labor Day weekend, Spring Break and Memorial Day weekend for their jamborees.

Comment

Not true! There are 10 signed up.

Comment

You don't know that and you are muddying the issue at hand. They will get plenty of suckers from both birth years to sign up. The point is they are selling one thing in emails 1-3, and only after the parents pony up the money do they say "oh by the way we are changing the rules."

I hope every single parent who did already sign up demands a refund (not that they'll get one). The administrators of ODP/Timbers academy and Thorns academy have zero shame.

Comment

Not true! There are 10 signed up.
              Only one more and they will have a team! Need 11 more to have someone to practice against.

Comment

I just read that they only had 6 people sign up? Is that true? Is that because people weren't happy with coaching? Or other reasons? Will they go ahead if they don't have enough for a full team? Doesn't sound like an ideal situation.

Comment

I just read that they only had 6 people sign up? Is that true? Is that because people weren't happy with coaching? Or other reasons? Will they go ahead if they don't have enough for a full team? Doesn't sound like an ideal situation.
                  I'm sure it will go forward no matter how many sign up.

Comment

They will get plenty of suckers. They told every girl who attended their residential camps that they should try out for thorns academy. That was pure manipulation. Girls who are flattered by the hint that they could make thorns academy next year will eagerly sign on for ODP this year. So the quality of ODP will go down (as it has been doing for several years) but they will get plenty of takers. And plenty of takers for thorns academy next year once the current players finish their nightmare year. The thorns are good at one thing. Convincing soccer moms and dads to whip out their checkbooks.

Comment

They will get plenty of suckers. They told every girl who attended their residential camps that they should try out for thorns academy. That was pure manipulation. Girls who are flattered by the hint that they could make thorns academy next year will eagerly sign on for ODP this year. So the quality of ODP will go down (as it has been doing for several years) but they will get plenty of takers. And plenty of takers for thorns academy next year once the current players finish their nightmare year. The thorns are good at one thing. Convincing soccer moms and dads to whip out their checkbooks.
                      Well, some people are not that stupid. My daughter is interested in Pacific for academic reasons. She went to the camp to check it out. When I picked her up she was wondering if the Thorns girls had to pay or if everyone else subsidized them. At 15, she's not even that naive. We get the same ODP emails, but she's not biting.

Without their "Thorns" players, they're hurting.

Comment

Well, some people are not that stupid. My daughter is interested in Pacific for academic reasons. She went to the camp to check it out. When I picked her up she was wondering if the Thorns girls had to pay or if everyone else subsidized them. At 15, she's not even that naive. We get the same ODP emails, but she's not biting.

Without their "Thorns" players, they're hurting.
                        For every person like you, there are three families standing there, checkbook in hand, ready to sign up for "elite" ODP and thorns experience.

Comment

Odp has been dying for years. Not much left.

Comment

Last time I checked they only needed 11 to play. Five more and they are in business.

Comment

They might a few more if they didn't have events on holiday weekends. And good coaches wouldn't hurt. Still only six signed up is pretty sad.

Comment

They might a few more if they didn't have events on holiday weekends. And good coaches wouldn't hurt. Still only six signed up is pretty sad.
                                don't see the problem about playing soccer on a long weekend. Think about it you didn't have to burn a vacation day to watch your child play sports. But will agree coaching and training was just marginal.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X