X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What in the ?
    Wow. After following TS - Oregon for about 5 years, this has my vote for the weiderst thead ever. I have concerns about some participants' mental health. No, I won't be responding to your blasts.

Comment

Tough Love

You can mock me all you want but I know the truth. Parents that are kind and nice to their kids are ruining the sport. The soccer moms and their yoga pants and fancy Mercedes wagons are just in it for themselves and bragging to their friends that their daughter went to surf cup. Ruining the sport. They coddle the kids, build up their "self-esteem". Oh please. What garbage. The best players emerge from rough, tense, hard-knock backgrounds. You can put a bandaid on that boo boo and give them a juice box, but you ain't helping. You are RUINING THE SPORT.
      I totally agree. I beat my child everyday and I shoot her a look if she begins to underperform even the slightest on the pitch. I have even made her walk home from a game (20 miles) after a poor performance and routinely make her go without meals when she ticks me off. This type of tough love keeps her scoring up.

Comment

I totally agree. I beat my child everyday and I shoot her a look if she begins to underperform even the slightest on the pitch. I have even made her walk home from a game (20 miles) after a poor performance and routinely make her go without meals when she ticks me off. This type of tough love keeps her scoring up.
        Reported

Comment

By my account there are now four different people pretending to be the skunk. It's a skunk-a-pa-looza!

You can always tell when he reappears - when it's the real deal. you can't fake nasty.

Comment

Pee you?

Comment

That's not really the skunk. It's someone pretending to be the skunk. This is no fun anymore because I think there are at least two, maybe three people who are acting like the skunk that aren't really the skunk. Just too confusing! I need a diagram or a chart to track it all.

I just don't think I can keep up my day job any longer. My posting here requires full time attention. I'm going to quit my job and become a full time Talking Soccer poster. Yes! I encourage you all to join me.
              Now this is someone I can respect and admire! We should all man up and follow suit.

It's really only three people pretending to be the skunk. One of them is pretending to be someone else pretending to be the skunk so it seems like four people but really is only three. Plus the real skunk whom they are mocking. Got it? If you have questions, please save them til the end. But for now we have three people pretending to be the skunk, with one of those also pretending to someone else pretending to be the skunk. Then you have the king of nasty himself, the skunk. Spraying nasty juice all over. Get it: nasty... juice... (box).

Alright then. If you have questions, first please go back and read the material and then direct your inquiries to skunkwatch183642.00.5538@juiceboxheaven.com

Thanks and happy soccering.

Comment

Who likes Juicy Juice? Hansens? Motts?

Comment

Awards are for Winning.

Hey Juicebox parent, yeah you, stay out of sports.

Just kidding, but seriously, maybe you could just become a healthy spectator, a cheerful fan, and a loyal supporter? What do you say? Why, do you ask?

Stop, already, with the; juicebox rewards at every half time, the insane year end awards for All, and the showering of praise on kids who perform poorly or not at all. Awards and praise are for jobs well done. You can always tell them you love them, that should never be contingent, but to devalue and undermine success with an award for EVERYTHING is deleterious to our children.

One more thing: Just showing up is not noteworthy, it's not winning to simply attend. Attendance is the lowest common denominator for entry. Instead, teach that promotion and success takes hard work. And this hard work does not always ENTITLE you to the spoils of competition, it does not ensure success. But rather, hard work is simply the cover charge to the party. Without it, you don't even get past the door. Check out the article below from the NY Times and consider what you are teaching when you reward EVERYTHING. When you make everyone and every action SPECIAL, in truth, no one is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/25/op...you.html?_r=2&

Comment

Hey Juicebox parent, yeah you, stay out of sports.

Just kidding, but seriously, maybe you could just become a healthy spectator, a cheerful fan, and a loyal supporter? What do you say? Why, do you ask?

Stop, already, with the; juicebox rewards at every half time, the insane year end awards for All, and the showering of praise on kids who perform poorly or not at all. Awards and praise are for jobs well done. You can always tell them you love them, that should never be contingent, but to devalue and undermine success with an award for EVERYTHING is deleterious to our children.

One more thing: Just showing up is not noteworthy, it's not winning to simply attend. Attendance is the lowest common denominator for entry. Instead, teach that promotion and success takes hard work. And this hard work does not always ENTITLE you to the spoils of competition, it does not ensure success. But rather, hard work is simply the cover charge to the party. Without it, you don't even get past the door. Check out the article below from the NY Times and consider what you are teaching when you reward EVERYTHING. When you make everyone and every action SPECIAL, in truth, no one is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/25/op...you.html?_r=2&
                    But how will I keep busy? What will I do if I am not the center of my kids lifes every waking moment?

Comment

But how will I keep busy? What will I do if I am not the center of my kids lifes every waking moment?

I realize that there is probably someone with serious mental health issues that is posting to here and from the looks of it they are arguing with themselves. But what's the point? You are clearly lashing out because you are angry. But it is never going to help you or change anything. I suppose if you have a ton of time on your hands you sure can do whatever you please, but maybe you could put your efforts to better use?

Comment

This thread really hits home for some.

Comment

This thread really hits home for some.
                          Yeah the juicebox guy. His misplaced anger at people who aren't sociopathic about soccer. He's taking the loss of some important love(s) in his life and channelling that hurt/anger towards others. He may be immature and annoying, but still I feel sorry for him.

Comment

It is mid season for many soccer players. My Question: Is it time for the advent of the mid season trophy? Shouldn't we celebrate the fact that the kids made it this far? It might make the second half of season much more fun.

Comment

If I seem like I am bitter and angry, I am and have every reason to be.

Comment

I like chicken fried steak.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X