Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    D will be easily replaced. Keeper a bit harder

The forwards will score early and often
    Until they play St. Joes and then they will loose by 4

Comment

Until they play St. Joes and then they will loose by 4
      Umm, they won't play St. Joe's. Pomperaug is a bit of an enigma. Last year was their year and the fizzled late despite being ranked #1 in Class L three quarters of the way into the season. Pomperaug could be good but with a lack of senior leaders, having a new young coach plus a lot of inexperienced players due to the coach last year going with a senior heavy lineup last year will be a challenge. I think Masuk is the clear favorite. Notre Dame is in for a major fall. Newtown, Joel Barlow and Immaculate are always in the mix.

Comment

Umm, they won't play St. Joe's. Pomperaug is a bit of an enigma. Last year was their year and the fizzled late despite being ranked #1 in Class L three quarters of the way into the season. Pomperaug could be good but with a lack of senior leaders, having a new young coach plus a lot of inexperienced players due to the coach last year going with a senior heavy lineup last year will be a challenge. I think Masuk is the clear favorite. Notre Dame is in for a major fall. Newtown, Joel Barlow and Immaculate are always in the mix.
        Immaculate was tight for years, but now they are just average. Recruiting has really gone down hill.

Comment

True....
          Pomp was hammered 5-1 at Shelton last year about 3/4 of the way through the season. Were undefeated up till then. Never played the same level of soccer after that loss.

Comment

Granted I don't know all the senior churn at all the schools, but I don't see any one school truly standing out this year. That can make for uninteresting soccer during the season but unexpected playoff results

Comment

Granted I don't know all the senior churn at all the schools, but I don't see any one school truly standing out this year. That can make for uninteresting soccer during the season but unexpected playoff results
              I actually think that makes for more interesting soccer, not less, during the season with no true dominant team. Just my opinion, but that should make for more competitive games week in and week out. Seems Masuk SHOULD cruise along, not dominate, but should be at the top of the league come November.

Comment

How about Barlow?

Hair products for all

Comment

How about Barlow?

Hair products for all
                  Yes, they seem to be "gelling" quite well of late.

Comment

How about Barlow?

Hair products for all
                    NP's hair continues to reach new heights. Tough for girls with long hair to imitate. Soccer wise not much to discuss, probably around the same as last year.

Comment

NP's hair continues to reach new heights. Tough for girls with long hair to imitate. Soccer wise not much to discuss, probably around the same as last year.
                      Soccer wise that was a great year

Comment

Soccer wise that was a great year
                        There best players are graduating....not much left

Comment

There best players are graduating....not much left
                          Yes and not much coming up the pike either. They'll do fine as always but they shouldn't save space in the school trophy case for another SWC plaque

Comment

New Fairfield will continue its improvement. Class M quarters lost 1-0 to Lewis Mills last year. Might be able to make noise this year in SWCs and states. Bethel I think improves too. Brookfield will be around at playoff time this year as well.

Comment

New Fairfield will continue its improvement. Class M quarters lost 1-0 to Lewis Mills last year. Might be able to make noise this year in SWCs and states. Bethel I think improves too. Brookfield will be around at playoff time this year as well.
                              New Fairfield.....not known for sports teams. Since 2010 they have won 7 state championships competing in lower level divisions against schools that have similar or worse experience with athletics. None have been for boys or girls soccer. I doubt they are any better next year.

Comment

How will Newtown be this year

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X