FC Barcelona hosts tryouts for its youth academy in New York

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many clubs operate this way - no news is bad news. Like another said it's a lousy way to operate a business and as a person who works in marketing it drives me nuts because every point of contact matters. When you treat people poorly this one time, they're not going to attend a camp, or tryout again next year probably, or talk on social media :) or speak poorly about the club to another person. It isn't hard to send out a group email to those rejected saying "Thanks for trying out. Due to an overwhelming turnout we will be unable to offer your son/daughter a spot at this time....etc."

That said, even if they did (and some clubs will notify you) don't ever expect to find out why your kid didn't make it. They just didn't, accept it and move on

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Many clubs operate this way - no news is bad news. Like another said it's a lousy way to operate a business and as a person who works in marketing it drives me nuts because every point of contact matters. When you treat people poorly this one time, they're not going to attend a camp, or tryout again next year probably, or talk on social media :) or speak poorly about the club to another person. It isn't hard to send out a group email to those rejected saying "Thanks for trying out. Due to an overwhelming turnout we will be unable to offer your son/daughter a spot at this time....etc."

That said, even if they did (and some clubs will notify you) don't ever expect to find out why your kid didn't make it. They just didn't, accept it and move on
      my kid has been to countless tryouts and didn't make it. he has also been to plenty and made it, some we accept and some we do not. twice in our time of tryouts has there been no rejections..clearly he didnt make barca but, for me, that isnt the issue. i know there are kids with more talent than him and i know kids with less talent..he knows it too. the issue is really the communication part of it. but they will learn that too as i am sure they will get feedback. good luck to all of our kids with all their tryouts.

Comment

my kid has been to countless tryouts and didn't make it. he has also been to plenty and made it, some we accept and some we do not. twice in our time of tryouts has there been no rejections..clearly he didnt make barca but, for me, that isnt the issue. i know there are kids with more talent than him and i know kids with less talent..he knows it too. the issue is really the communication part of it. but they will learn that too as i am sure they will get feedback. good luck to all of our kids with all their tryouts.
        and by feedback i mean a simple polite no...i dont mean an evaluation.

Comment

LM on an antiBarca tirade (posing anonymously for most posts of course). Makes me laugh. I'm surprised he has been posting more rants on here about it.

Comment

For 2004 boys we received an offer last week for blue team, and we declined. Lack of communication, and their arrogance factored into our decision. In addition, I wasn't sure how much to believe of what they are saying. Blue team is supposed to be in metro league. Metro league expansion came out this week, and barca is not in it. Are they lying?

I heard that they are still filling in teams. So you may hear back.

Comment

For 2004 boys we received an offer last week for blue team, and we declined. Lack of communication, and their arrogance factored into our decision. In addition, I wasn't sure how much to believe of what they are saying. Blue team is supposed to be in metro league. Metro league expansion came out this week, and barca is not in it. Are they lying?

I heard that they are still filling in teams. So you may hear back.
              I wonder if they even knew that the metro league was club based.

Comment

I wonder if they even knew that the metro league was club based.
                They will probably do EDP and NYPL. Both are team based but they will get club programs quickly.

Comment

from a thread about BOTN and LM's campaign of hate

Duh, this thread and others are full of lies about this new academy. This is run by FCB, not a franchise and not located on a toxic site. That's called obfuscation people designed to keep you away but they failed miserably as hundreds of kids were at tryouts. Look at their Facebook or Twitter pages for tryout pictures of you have doubts.

This is fantastic for LI. soccer and will be a feeder into the MLS DA programs.

BTW FCB has a Park Avenue office in NYC anyone can call if you have questions about their USA operations.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Duh, this thread and others are full of lies about this new academy. This is run by FCB, not a franchise and not located on a toxic site. That's called obfuscation people designed to keep you away but they failed miserably as hundreds of kids were at tryouts. Look at their Facebook or Twitter pages for tryout pictures of you have doubts.

BTW FCB has a Park Avenue office in NYC anyone can call if you have questions about their USA operations.
                    [/QUOTE]

But there are Local investors involved with this. Its not full on Barcelona. Don't fool yourself

Comment

BTW FCB has a Park Avenue office in NYC anyone can call if you have questions about their USA operations.
                      [/QUOTE]

Take a look a what you wrote. Why would one of the largest football clubs in the world be a feeder for MLS DA programs. You my friend have no clue. It's a partnership with local investors to make money. And I have no problem with that.
                      Think about it this... it's FC Barcelona, do you really think if this is a full on La Maisa they would come to the US to set up shop in Kings Park, Ny. Pretty sure there are better places to set up in the US with more land and better weather and better players.

Comment

Did Larry just admin that Barca is legit? Said they will get NPL no matter what next fall.

Comment

Take a look a what you wrote. Why would one of the largest football clubs in the world be a feeder for MLS DA programs. You my friend have no clue. It's a partnership with local investors to make money. And I have no problem with that.
                          Think about it this... it's FC Barcelona, do you really think if this is a full on La Maisa they would come to the US to set up shop in Kings Park, Ny. Pretty sure there are better places to set up in the US with more land and better weather and better players.[/QUOTE]

so you changed the wording around and said the same thing as you did on BOTN..crawl back to the ooze you came out of Larry!

Comment

Did Larry just admin that Barca is legit? Said they will get NPL no matter what next fall.
                            he sure did. he is scared little man.

Comment

i'm hearing conflicting reports. is the first team barca free? for what age groups ?

Comment

i'm hearing conflicting reports. is the first team barca free? for what age groups ?
                                All 1st teams are free is what we were told at tryouts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X