Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree with you that Monmouth is a step below teams once they get to NCAA’s but they do play some good non conference opponents. I also agree the focus there recruiting largely on Jersey kids, they do not recruit international kids. All homegrown local kids. You are also right QU does not recruit a ton of CT kids. QU has a bevy of CFC coaches and access to ECNL but they still can’t get it right. Why can’t they get it right. CFC are best players in CT (check), ECNL is bra league in the country (check)...then why can’t you identify 11 strong players in your travels, coach them up and....JUST WIN BABY!! You guys are a bunch of blow Garda who couldn’t coach your way out of a paper bag.
    Coach them up? You’re the blow Garda.

Comment

When did QU go to full funding for women’s soccer?

Comment

QU women’s soccer has had one season (2016) in which they recorded double digit victories in last 20 years. They had 12 during the 2016 season. This is a program that is 100% mediocre. Always has been. You would think the staff could learn and grow.

Comment

QU women’s soccer has had one season (2016) in which they recorded double digit victories in last 20 years. They had 12 during the 2016 season. This is a program that is 100% mediocre. Always has been. You would think the staff could learn and grow.
          DC, DC, DC ..... US National Coach .... blah, blah, blah ... cant win consistently in a less than mediocre conference.

Comment

Does anyone know when QU went to full funding for Women’s soccer. Division 1 is now 14 full equivalencies.

Comment

Is there a place to see how many scholarships each school gives for women’s soccer? Just curious

Comment

Is there a place to see how many scholarships each school gives for women’s soccer? Just curious
                St joes hs usually has 4 free to give. They split it based on talent, so a bunch of partials unless a girl really separates herself or is a yankee Star.

Comment

Not really - scroll down on this and you can see averages for ALL sports at a school. If I recall that you can find it digging into each school's data set, but I could be remembering incorrectly. Anyway, why do you care? What you should care about is the school and soccer a good fit for your player. If you care about what school will give her a full ride you've got it all wrong. http://www.scholarshipstats.com/soccer.html

Comment

Not really - scroll down on this and you can see averages for ALL sports at a school. If I recall that you can find it digging into each school's data set, but I could be remembering incorrectly. Anyway, why do you care? What you should care about is the school and soccer a good fit for your player. If you care about what school will give her a full ride you've got it all wrong. http://www.scholarshipstats.com/soccer.html
                    Can’t speak for the poster but this conversation is more about the schools offering the scholarships, not the players receiving them. The question is why can’t Quinnipiac University compete in a weak conference for women’s soccer when they are offering 14 full scholarships. They are competing against many schools that only offer a total of 6 full equivalents. It was pointed out that this is a program that is largely .500 every year and I will add that there has been several seasons where they only had 2-3 wins the entire season.

Comment

It's tough for midlevel schools to compete for top athletes. It isn't just about the money they can offer or facilities (and QU has a nice facility) but what the school itself can offer them and what their other options are. In this area QU has to compete with some pretty amazing academic schools and top players will have plenty of options at top soccer program from all over. A decent but not great record won't win them over either but steady improvement can help a coach build his roster

Comment

Can’t speak for the poster but this conversation is more about the schools offering the scholarships, not the players receiving them. The question is why can’t Quinnipiac University compete in a weak conference for women’s soccer when they are offering 14 full scholarships. They are competing against many schools that only offer a total of 6 full equivalents. It was pointed out that this is a program that is largely .500 every year and I will add that there has been several seasons where they only had 2-3 wins the entire season.
                        A couple of things. The first is that they’ve only been fully funded for a couple of years and that coincides with their improvement, but it does take time. Second part is that there is not a single school in the MAAC that only has a 6 scholarship equivalency. If a school isn’t fully funded, as most in the MAAC are not, they can stack money. Meaning academic and athletic. And the entire amount counts towards their equivalency. Unless the person is a very strong student. Either way, it doesn’t matter to the player where the money comes from. And most of the MAAC schools give out tons of academic aid. Iona comes to mind. So while they might only have 7-8 scholarships, when combined with academic money, they aren’t that far off of QU, FU and Monmouth scholarship wise.

Comment

After serving as Fairfield's HC for only one year, Dave Barrett is resigning. I get the feeling that it was a mutual move and was a "resign or be fired" scenario.

Comment

After serving as Fairfield's HC for only one year, Dave Barrett is resigning. I get the feeling that it was a mutual move and was a "resign or be fired" scenario.
                            Wasn't he friends with the AD? One year is harsh given bo players were his recruits

Comment

Post a link.

Comment

This is FAKE NEWS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X