Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Colleges

Would anyone mind sharing some feedback without any sarcasm on their experiences with specific colleges and how your kid did within their program? How were the coaches? Teammates? Program in general? School/work balance with training etc.

Believe it or not this is a serious question and I think there "might" be some people out there that could give some good insight into Florida college programs?

For boys or girls? Each school is different for each program.

Comment

Boys please

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Both - if you wouldn't mind

Comment

Stay away from University of Tampa

Comment

Elaborate please

Comment

On the women's side, I keep hearing very positive things about the program at FGCU. Great coaches, competitive in their league every year which gives them a shot at playing in the NCAA tournament, and a relatively good academic/athletic workload balance. We looked at it closely but our daughter wanted to go out of state.

Comment

FIU has a very good mens program.

Comment

On the women's side, I keep hearing very positive things about the program at FGCU. Great coaches, competitive in their league every year which gives them a shot at playing in the NCAA tournament, and a relatively good academic/athletic workload balance. We looked at it closely but our daughter wanted to go out of state.
                  I must agree with this post. Our daughter likes the soccer program and coaches. Like the poster stated a good academic/athletic balance. Nice campus too. However she didn't like the fact that academically it isn't as high as some of the other state and private schools. She also wanted a school with a football team. She's been to several college football games and wants that as part of her college experience.

Comment

FIU has a very good mens program.
                    Coach is a whack

Comment

Elaborate please
                      Where do I start...……..

Men's teams = TBU mafia, Full of TBU players

Women's team = Full of TBU players

Comment

Where do I start...……..

Men's teams = TBU mafia, Full of TBU players

Women's team = Full of TBU players
                        I see what you're saying, stay away because your kid won't see the field.

Comment

Reality is

- if your player wants to play, he/she best not limit themselves to FL schools only.
                          - in the end academics matter the most. Many won't even be playing by junior year so you better love the school

Comment

Also on the women's side, USF is a great opportunity. The college is steadily improving academically and on the soccer side, DSB has really whipped that program into shape. They are ranked in the Top 25 in the country right now. They do have some international players rostered but the majority are from the U.S. When you roll in Prepaid and Bright Futures it's a great value.

Comment

FL has some very very good D-II men's programs, with many being better than D-I programs nationally. The NCAA tournament brackets are set up with the FL college programs knocking each other out before the final four. It happens all the time that FL programs don't even reach the NCAA tournament and would be good enough to win a national championship. With that being stated, there are not many American players making impacts at the D-II schools. Players come from all over the world and are often a little older and have pro academy backgrounds.

UCF, USF, FGCU and FIU all are good soccer programs on a D-I national level. FAU has new men's coaches, but so far still not showing much and feedback not good. FAU should be able to be a top level program, both women's and men's struggle on a national level. FIU also has some questions around the coach. I have never really heard anything bad about UCF and USF.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X