•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.enterprisenews.com/sport...r-powerful-b-r
    She reported flipped to uri?

Comment

Yep same attitude of most ecnl folks .And I say most as their are a few non presumptuous dbags.This starts when young.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Yep same attitude of most ecnl folks .And I say most as their are a few non presumptuous dbags.This starts when young.
        English your second language?

Comment

What an idiot. No wonder BC sux if that’s the way you sent your kids into playing there. Who takes a job because of some ancillary factor like training? Most sane people take a job for the pay and the quality of the job itself. BC won’t be a quality ACC program until some of you looney parents figure out that if you want to be in a big time program you can’t give lip service to soccer being the overwhelming first priority. The rumor is that Foley got squeezed out over a compliance issue. Apparently a group of players went and complained to the AD about practice hours and she was caught falsifying practice logs. That alone speaks to the character of the team. A bunch of locker room lawyers. No wonder their season went the way it did. Foley was clearly under the microscope because she told the team during the season that if they didn’t win she was going to get fired and was in full on panic mode. Sorry no school is worth having a kid put up with that sort BS and yet that’s exactly what you get when you follow the sort of clownish advice this poster is giving. Do many of you honestly think a coach like AD would get forced out for working a team too hard? Hard work is the expectation in programs like UNC and they treat their players accordingly so they don’t complain. It’s part of the reason UNC is UNC and BC is BC.
          In Men’s CFB, coaches have been caught conducting excessive practices. That is understandable as at the highest levels, player’s primary goal is a multi million $$ pro career. In Women’s College Soccer it is not, as 99% of these athletes will be going pro in something other than sports. Often the D1 training hours preclude success in more demanding majors. There are enough training hours provided to create a strong team if you know what you are doing. This is not a sport where falsifying records makes any sense, except to protect someone’s own job. Serves her right if that is what happened.

Comment

It's not clear to me why she would leave or be let go after having her best season in 4-5 years.

Comment

In Men’s CFB, coaches have been caught conducting excessive practices. That is understandable as at the highest levels, player’s primary goal is a multi million $$ pro career. In Women’s College Soccer it is not, as 99% of these athletes will be going pro in something other than sports. Often the D1 training hours preclude success in more demanding majors. There are enough training hours provided to create a strong team if you know what you are doing. This is not a sport where falsifying records makes any sense, except to protect someone’s own job. Serves her right if that is what happened.
              That’s a big IF.

Good luck to Foley. She will land on her feet somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                What an idiot. No wonder BC sux if that’s the way you sent your kids into playing there. Who takes a job because of some ancillary factor like training? Most sane people take a job for the pay and the quality of the job itself. BC won’t be a quality ACC program until some of you looney parents figure out that if you want to be in a big time program you can’t give lip service to soccer being the overwhelming first priority. The rumor is that Foley got squeezed out over a compliance issue. Apparently a group of players went and complained to the AD about practice hours and she was caught falsifying practice logs. That alone speaks to the character of the team. A bunch of locker room lawyers. No wonder their season went the way it did. Foley was clearly under the microscope because she told the team during the season that if they didn’t win she was going to get fired and was in full on panic mode. Sorry no school is worth having a kid put up with that sort BS and yet that’s exactly what you get when you follow the sort of clownish advice this poster is giving. Do many of you honestly think a coach like AD would get forced out for working a team too hard? Hard work is the expectation in programs like UNC and they treat their players accordingly so they don’t complain. It’s part of the reason UNC is UNC and BC is BC.
                I agree with you on many points, but falsifying logs does not speak to the character of the team. It speaks to the character of the falsifier. It also seems highly inappropriate for her to tell the team that if they didn't win she would get fired. Who does that?

Comment

I agree with you on many points, but falsifying logs does not speak to the character of the team. It speaks to the character of the falsifier. It also seems highly inappropriate for her to tell the team that if they didn't win she would get fired. Who does that?
                  Someone who is on the hot seat, that's who.

Comment

I would like to point out that 99% of the of the men in these programs are also going to go pro in something other than sports. It's a statistical pipe dream for all and the rules should be set and followed - I believe you are correct that "excessive training hours preclude success in the more demanding majors". If the punishment for the crime is a "resignation" so be it.

Sorry to be "that guy" - Now tell your family-n-friends to go support Woman's sports as well. They are actually quite fun to watch.

Comment

From what I have heard she was calling players up in the middle of the night in a severely intoxicated state. Most likely the cause. You can’t be doing stuff like that and not expect consequences.

Comment

I agree with you. It speaks to a whole lot of disfunction in the program which is exactly why I called the person who said pick the school for the school a clown. They haven't the first clue what it means to be in a dysfunctional situation like that. Not only it is a job (and a hard one at that) but the whole environment can take on some "cult" like behaviors because they generally all live, sleep and eat together and are with each other way more than your typical normal students are. When things go wrong it can really stink to be a part of.

The thing about the practice hours situation is it is probably way more complicated than some are thinking here. My kid was in another ACC program and I can pretty much guarantee you they put in way more work than what was put on the logs. Everyone was so competitive that they actually sought out additional work as a means of earning more playing time. Yes it was hard but the coaches actually took care of the players much better than what it sounds like what was going on at BC so you didn't have all of the discontent festering in the locker room. It sounds like Foley was getting pressure from a new AD and didn't handle the situation well. No excuse for falsifying records but the players are going to learn a very hard lesson because of this situation. New coach will likely come in and clean house. That's not much fun either. Did they really win?

Comment

She had committed to URI a while back.

Comment

You sir are an idiot. You do the work because it's what you signed up for. It's your kid's job and how they are paying for that education. It is beyond clear that you just don't understand how the whole D1 thing works. If you want a demanding major, you don't become a D1 scholarship athlete. It's that simple. Now if you are a serious student in addition to being a top flight soccer player and want to go on to a demanding graduate program like medicine or law, you absolutely can do that but you need to start by recognize that there is nothing for nothing. Soccer comes first and you find a way to accommodate your academic aspirations after you meet your soccer obligations. How it really works if you want to get into a high powered grad program is you end up modulating the rigor of your undergrad work in order to earn the highest possible GPA and then stretching your more difficult course work out into summer sessions or post graduation so that you don't have to the soccer in front of you academic aspirations. It is why the quality of the academic resources in a program are in many ways actually more important than the name on the diploma. You obviously wouldn't know that though.

Comment

That’s a big IF.

Good luck to Foley. She will land on her feet somewhere.
                              Agreed. Apparently the definition of libel/slander and defamation is lost on some. My son's firm will represent af in a heartbeat.

Comment

Agreed. Apparently the definition of libel/slander and defamation is lost on some. My son's firm will represent af in a heartbeat.
                                Oh and I am the clown as called by some "knowledgable" poster. You see my kids have been this sports road before.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X