Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We would hope that a friendly or friendlies against DA club(s) would at a minimum lead to some consideration from USSDA in allowing Barca to join once all the other criterias are met. As for bottom half or top half that is interesting considering BWG beat Met Oval 5-1 and TSF beat them 2-0 earlier in the year. Not to mention the New York Red Bulls having lost their last 3 games. It is clear to me any one of these "top half" teams can and have been beaten by what are considered inferior teams.
    The DA is not supposed to be about winning or losing games. It is supposed to be about developing players under a unified DA standard that will hopefully end up producing a couple of players a year that would at some point join and improve the National teams. There are some very unbalanced and somewhat poorly trained teams out there (not saying Barca, but in general) that manage to win games against top competition that the DA program wants nothing to do with.

That being said, if Barca training methods conform to the DA standards and they eventually get their fields built, I'd say at this point that they would most likely be welcome additions to the DA program.

Comment

The DA is not supposed to be about winning or losing games. It is supposed to be about developing players under a unified DA standard that will hopefully end up producing a couple of players a year that would at some point join and improve the National teams. There are some very unbalanced and somewhat poorly trained teams out there (not saying Barca, but in general) that manage to win games against top competition that the DA program wants nothing to do with.

That being said, if Barca training methods conform to the DA standards and they eventually get their fields built, I'd say at this point that they would most likely be welcome additions to the DA program.
      Yes, I agree it should only be about player development which begs the question why would a DA parent claim that 4 teams do not belong unless they are looking at wins and losses. Otherwise, what benchmark is being applied to make such claims.

Comment

USSF would be more than happy to welcome the Barca name to DA. Besides, looking at some of the clubs Barca can't be any worse than some already in the system

Comment

Yes, I agree it should only be about player development which begs the question why would a DA parent claim that 4 teams do not belong unless they are looking at wins and losses. Otherwise, what benchmark is being applied to make such claims.
          Simple explanation, most parents have no idea what they are talking about.

Comment

My comment is not really about the record of the 4 teams. I'm just saying that if teams were subject to relagation then they would work a lot harder to develop their players. Barca 06 will not be any better than a bottom half team in the DA as well but at least over time each club would do their best to put the best product on the field and do their best to develop those kids.

No more fielding teams made up of friends and family for fear of relagation. No more coaches that aren't producing players over time.

Again, Barca 06 as it stands would not be a major improvement on those 4 teams. My point is more about sending a message that you have to "show and prove" that you belong in the DA.

Guess what? If the bottom half teams are getting better then the league would obviously get stronger and overall the end result would be more refined talent in the older age groups.

Comment

My comment is not really about the record of the 4 teams. I'm just saying that if teams were subject to relagation then they would work a lot harder to develop their players. Barca 06 will not be any better than a bottom half team in the DA as well but at least over time each club would do their best to put the best product on the field and do their best to develop those kids.

No more fielding teams made up of friends and family for fear of relagation. No more coaches that aren't producing players over time.

Again, Barca 06 as it stands would not be a major improvement on those 4 teams. My point is more about sending a message that you have to "show and prove" that you belong in the DA.

Guess what? If the bottom half teams are getting better then the league would obviously get stronger and overall the end result would be more refined talent in the older age groups.

USSF hasn't really done much relegation of late. They're too busy trying to save GDA and capture market share for both BDA and GDA. There are some clubs that should go - if anything to shake it up. Some possible new additions can't be much worse and it sends a message to all in the system that you have to produce.

Comment

Simple explanation, most parents have no idea what they are talking about.
                Haha, indeed.

Comment

As far as FCW loss, they had 1 sub as 4 or 5 of their better kids didn't want to trek 2 hours for an optional scrimmage in 30 degree weather added at last minute. Their goalie wasn't the top one. Not saying Barca is not an excellent team nor deserving of DA eventually - my understanding is that key factor is their field situation.

Separately though, all this talk of relegation is ridiculous and counter to aim of DA. It doesn't matter at all whether teams win at age 11 or 12 and parents focused on this are idiots. Seems to be a Long Island mentality. US soccer rates clubs by player production and how the older kids do. By playing proper soccer, possession based, building from back, letting kids take risks, clubs like NYSC and FCW, while their younger teams may lose some games, rate well and keep and even expand academies because 1) the produce national team players - NYSC has had 6 or 7 on national teams, and 2) their older kids show that the club clearly develops players - FCW u16/17s appear headed to playoffs ahead of mls squads NYCFC and NE Rev and MO, NYSC etc.
                  http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...d=MTA3Ng%3D%3D

to relegate 11 year olds may make sense for AYSO but not academy. its about development not winning

Comment

As far as FCW loss, they had 1 sub as 4 or 5 of their better kids didn't want to trek 2 hours for an optional scrimmage in 30 degree weather added at last minute. Their goalie wasn't the top one. Not saying Barca is not an excellent team nor deserving of DA eventually - my understanding is that key factor is their field situation.

Separately though, all this talk of relegation is ridiculous and counter to aim of DA. It doesn't matter at all whether teams win at age 11 or 12 and parents focused on this are idiots. Seems to be a Long Island mentality. US soccer rates clubs by player production and how the older kids do. By playing proper soccer, possession based, building from back, letting kids take risks, clubs like NYSC and FCW, while their younger teams may lose some games, rate well and keep and even expand academies because 1) the produce national team players - NYSC has had 6 or 7 on national teams, and 2) their older kids show that the club clearly develops players - FCW u16/17s appear headed to playoffs ahead of mls squads NYCFC and NE Rev and MO, NYSC etc.

to relegate 11 year olds may make sense for AYSO but not academy. its about development not winning

I am not from the barca club but That truly is a lame excuse. That just means your team isn't that deep if you say your Better players weren't there. You just put down your whole team. LOL If I was on that team and was one of the players there and especially the Back up goalie, I would be very upset with you. I guess you didn't think about that.

BUT I do not agree with you about relegation up to a point. If a club/team is consistently in the bottom 3 for a period of 2 years, I believe they should lose their status as it would appear that there system isn't working or the talent just isn't there.

Comment

It's about development AND winning- News flash- If you aren't winning after a while, then you aren't developing. It's common sense.

Comment

It's about development AND winning- News flash- If you aren't winning after a while, then you aren't developing. It's common sense.
                        All this site has become is a Barca ranting and raving site. Very annoying that ever thread is about this club.

Comment

All this site has become is a Barca ranting and raving site. Very annoying that ever thread is about this club.
                          What does that post have to do with barca?

Comment

I am not from the barca club but That truly is a lame excuse. That just means your team isn't that deep if you say your Better players weren't there. You just put down your whole team. LOL If I was on that team and was one of the players there and especially the Back up goalie, I would be very upset with you. I guess you didn't think about that.

BUT I do not agree with you about relegation up to a point. If a club/team is consistently in the bottom 3 for a period of 2 years, I believe they should lose their status as it would appear that there system isn't working or the talent just isn't there.
                            Two years doesn’t make a trend. You need a longer time horizon than two years

Comment

Yet you see posts saying “ no one cares about Barça”. That’s obviously not the case. To be totally truthful, I wouldn’t even know about this site if my curiosity about the program didn’t lead me here.

Comment

Two years doesn’t make a trend. You need a longer time horizon than two years
                                not the poster but is three years better? if you suck after three years you suck for sure. clubs actually get put on notice and are given time to improve. if they don't they're gone altogether or lose a portion of their teams. it doesn't happen often but it does happen

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X