Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ^ any other sport is ok EXCEPT soccer. Problem is with varsity sports usually being 5-6 days a week and DA 5 days a week you're running on empty in terms of energy and time. There are also conflicts and coaches from either team won't be too happy when you miss something for the other sport. A few kids play another sport but it's rare. USSF wants committed soccer players, not multi sport athletes.
    DA 5 days a week? Ha!

Comment

Hell seacoast will let up play high school and odp never mind other sports.

Comment

High school soccer is bad. Its painful to watch. I don't blame some players for not wanting to play high school soccer.

Comment

Who cares what USSF wants. My child will do as they please. If USSF ever finds out so be it.
          They won't stop you. They have no desire to stop you.

Comment

DA 5 days a week? Ha!
            ? Can't count that high?

Comment

? Can't count that high?
              Not the poster but we know not every DA club follows the 4 days practice/1game a week protocol. Three days a week happens at plenty of clubs, and the league is dead between mid December to end of February. They expect you to commit to ten months but you're getting much less than that. It's no wonder some players seek other training and playing opportunities, even though by the rules they're not supposed to.

Comment

Not the poster but we know not every DA club follows the 4 days practice/1game a week protocol. Three days a week happens at plenty of clubs, and the league is dead between mid December to end of February. They expect you to commit to ten months but you're getting much less than that. It's no wonder some players seek other training and playing opportunities, even though by the rules they're not supposed to.

I won't speak for all clubs, but we do practice/train/fitness/meet 4x a week and play a game 1x a week. And, we aren't dead from December to end of February. Actually only got 3 weeks off before started back up again.

Comment

They won't stop you. They have no desire to stop you.
                  Relatively true. On paper they encourage you to explore outside activities, but also "demand" this is your priority. Which, for the time, cost, and effort it should be.

So, while they say they encourage it, the reality is it's very hard to commit to DA and still commit to something else. Basketball or hockey are the only ones that realistically split, but even that will have some carryover. I will say in the winter participation in trainings is lower and I think you can see it in those players come springtime.

Comment

I won't speak for all clubs, but we do practice/train/fitness/meet 4x a week and play a game 1x a week. And, we aren't dead from December to end of February. Actually only got 3 weeks off before started back up again.
                    Clearly you aren't with the Revs - who also lose practices because the Pats need the fields.

Comment

DA 5 days a week? Ha!
                      Sorry I forgot Revs parents wouldn’t understand that statement.

Comment

Clearly you aren't with the Revs - who also lose practices because the Pats need the fields.
                        Can’t use that excuse this January. You’ll see that the Revs are just lazy when the field house remains practice free.

Comment

High school soccer is bad. Its painful to watch. I don't blame some players for not wanting to play high school soccer.
                          Perhaps my experience is different. We are at a division 1 school with a very good program and this past season was great. The soccer was pretty good too......very exciting and the boys had a great time.

Comment

Perhaps my experience is different. We are at a division 1 school with a very good program and this past season was great. The soccer was pretty good too......very exciting and the boys had a great time.
                            Plus the facebook likes were through the roof!!!!

Comment

Some is decent, some is fair, some is awful. Question is, is the soccer and the other postives tat kids get from it worth giving up when when many players who at best will play mid level D1 or even lower? For you kid maybe not. For others it isn't' even a question. Everyone's circumstances are different.

Comment

Plus the facebook likes were through the roof!!!!
                                Enjoy the DA sidelines with ten parents total, two dogs and one sulking pre-teen sibling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X