Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA Teams

anyone know if US Soccer keeping or eliminating U13 boys next year (as they did with u12)? Or if they are splitting the U16/U17 as did with girls last year?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    anyone know if US Soccer keeping or eliminating U13 boys next year (as they did with u12)? Or if they are splitting the U16/U17 as did with girls last year?
    What do the DOC's at the DA's say? Send an email.

Comment

If they get rid of U13 but split the older team into two, many of the clubs keep their numbers and revenues the same. Everyone is happy.

Comment

MLS clubs don't want U13 but they probably also don't want to split U17s - the combined age group is good for the better players. MLS is holding a lot of good cards right now.

They've been testing U13 GDA in another region and no doubt think it's a way to try and keep girls from going ECNL once HS hits.

Comment

I can’t wait to be done with DA. US Soccer is a mess and local DA is no better than NPL.

Comment

I can’t wait to be done with DA. US Soccer is a mess and local DA is no better than NPL.
            Is this the MLS saying this?! :)

Comment

I know DA & GDA players can't play HS soccer, but can they play other HS sports such as hockey or basketball if their schedules allow?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2632924]I know DA & GDA players can't play HS soccer, but can they play other HS sports such as hockey or basketball if their schedules allow?[/QUOTE

I saw it this year locally with one player playing football.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2632925]
                  I know DA & GDA players can't play HS soccer, but can they play other HS sports such as hockey or basketball if their schedules allow?[/QUOTE

I saw it this year locally with one player playing football.
                  HS Football and soccer in the same fall season?

Comment

I know DA & GDA players can't play HS soccer, but can they play other HS sports such as hockey or basketball if their schedules allow?
                    Yes there are no other limitations.

Their intent isn't to stop outside Club activity, but to control the soccer "education"

Comment

^ any other sport is ok EXCEPT soccer. Problem is with varsity sports usually being 5-6 days a week and DA 5 days a week you're running on empty in terms of energy and time. There are also conflicts and coaches from either team won't be too happy when you miss something for the other sport. A few kids play another sport but it's rare. USSF wants committed soccer players, not multi sport athletes.

Comment

USSF wants committed soccer players, not multi sport athletes.
                        Who cares what USSF wants. My child will do as they please. If USSF ever finds out so be it.

Comment

Yes there are no other limitations.

Their intent isn't to stop outside Club activity, but to control the soccer "education"
                          That's what they claim.

Comment

That's what they claim.
                            Lots of basketball players on DA teams.

Comment

Lots of basketball players on DA teams.
                              It's about the only sport that works well with the normally quiet winter period for DA. When games are running fall/spring it's beyond challenging to manage it all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X