Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soccer Reality, your kid isn't going pro.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer Reality, your kid isn't going pro.

Very good article. Stop feeding the clubs for nothing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-va...DbT1bANUPa5FAo

Most of the parental anxiety isn't about a pro career but college, either to get any help financially or to get a leg up with admissions

Comment

It dosent mean that they can't make some sort of career in soccer such as a trainer or coach...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        It dosent mean that they can't make some sort of career in soccer such as a trainer or coach...
        Lol, how long do you want to pay your kids bills for? Have them get a career in soccer, it will be the rest of your life.

Comment

Lol, how long do you want to pay your kids bills for? Have them get a career in soccer, it will be the rest of your life.
          Please keep paying private training as they have bills too. And join the prestigious clubs for a shot at DA or MLS as most all in South Florida doing.

invest in something better that will pay out in the end, education.

you see mom's going from park to parks either blowing or looking miserable to try to get a spot or do something else. Losing time!

Comment

After reading the article. I have decided to take my child out of club soccer. I am looking into the local YMCA soccer. It is a lot cheaper and all the kids looks like they are having an amazing time.

Comment

After reading the article. I have decided to take my child out of club soccer. I am looking into the local YMCA soccer. It is a lot cheaper and all the kids looks like they are having an amazing time.
              best decision you ever made

Comment

Please keep paying private training as they have bills too. And join the prestigious clubs for a shot at DA or MLS as most all in South Florida doing.

invest in something better that will pay out in the end, education.

you see mom's going from park to parks either blowing or looking miserable to try to get a spot or do something else. Losing time!
                Again with this education will pay out better in the end argument and just let your kids play for fun that keeps getting thrown out here. Unless youre a complete idiot, we all know education is more important but you can still invest in both education and soccer at a high level. Its not one or the other. And kids DO have fun playing competitive soccer. Soccer/athletics have valuable important life lessons as well that need to be learned. The idea should be to form well rounded, smart, charitable, social, healthy thinkers and do-ers who challenge themselves at whatever they take an interest in. I don't want my kid sitting his lazy ass on a sofa playing video games when his head isn't in a book. And if you have real realationships with your kids and actually talk to them most are very aware of just how difficult/impossible a pro career in sports is but that still doesn't mean you can't have goals/dreams and try? It says alot about character to the ones who set goals and try instead of the losers who quit. It will serve them well as adults. No ones losing time in my family. There living their lives to the fullest.

Comment

I don’t understand why major clubs don’t post rosters on GotSoccer. Know two college scouts who say it hurts kids getting recruited. If a scout wants to show up at a game unannounced and “under the radar,” they can’t ID the kids. Most schools aren’t going to get the Top tier kids, but when they see a piece that can help them, they often can’t identify them and move on. Scouts show up unannounced as they don’t want to get mobbed and distracted by parents and Club officials. They also don’t want to risk getting in an inappropriate recruiting conversation—especially with younger kids.

Comment

I don’t understand why major clubs don’t post rosters on GotSoccer. Know two college scouts who say it hurts kids getting recruited. If a scout wants to show up at a game unannounced and “under the radar,” they can’t ID the kids. Most schools aren’t going to get the Top tier kids, but when they see a piece that can help them, they often can’t identify them and move on. Scouts show up unannounced as they don’t want to get mobbed and distracted by parents and Club officials. They also don’t want to risk getting in an inappropriate recruiting conversation—especially with younger kids.
                    it is because major clubs don't care about gotsoccer

Comment

it is because major clubs don't care about gotsoccer
                      Bingo.
                      But don't tell that to the parents and clubs that chase the gotsoccer points to push their teams rankings. Smart ones know GS rankings are not accurate by any stretch.

Comment

You have absolutely no idea how recruiting works. Coaches aren't window shopping. They come with a list of players who have reached out to the them first and expressed interest in their program. Many clubs put together brochures to hand out as well. Occasionally another player may catch their eye but all they have to do is note the player's number and contact the club. But they won't waste much time trying to recruit someone who isn't interested in the program or school. Then there's the fact that DA and ECNL don't use got soccer at all and have their roster information on line. NPL clubs who know what they're doing to get players recruited also don't need it.

Nor does your comment have anything to do with the article.

Comment

Bingo.
                          But don't tell that to the parents and clubs that chase the gotsoccer points to push their teams rankings. Smart ones know GS rankings are not accurate by any stretch.
                          Very inaccurate before U14 and far worse after that because by then nearly the better players are in ECNL or DA, neither of which use GS. So it's simply inaccurate rankings of mediocre teams.

Comment

The player reaches out to the college coach and provides their Club, team name and schedule.

College coaches don't scour GotSoccer for rosters.

Comment

Yes

Education is guaranteed success. Take a look at the outstanding student and how many parents and grandparents are footing bills because their kids can’t pay it back with their whopping $40k per year job. College guarantees nothing either. If the kid has a dream, go for it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X