Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there room for fighting in girls soccer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there room for fighting in girls soccer?

Derby High school girl and player arrested for 2 on 1 beat down against Torrington player during game.

Aggressive ,fired up player willing to do what it takes to win and intimidate or just a thug?

1st rule of sports - third man in is a no-no.

The story has definitely evolved from the original “my innocent child got jumped by two thugs.”

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Derby High school girl and player arrested for 2 on 1 beat down against Torrington player during game.

Aggressive ,fired up player willing to do what it takes to win and intimidate or just a thug?
      If they allowed fighting we would win the fciac

Bridgeport parent

Comment

If they allowed fighting we would win the fciac

Bridgeport parent
        You'd certainly beat Greenwich

Comment

There was no arrest made.

Comment

There was no arrest made.
            Yes, there was. Girl was charged with 2nd Degree assault which is a felony. The victim has missed school since with concussion symptoms. She should file a lawsuit too. I'd post the link if I was more tech savvy. Maybe someone else can.

Comment

Yes, there was. Girl was charged with 2nd Degree assault which is a felony. The victim has missed school since with concussion symptoms. She should file a lawsuit too. I'd post the link if I was more tech savvy. Maybe someone else can.
              My bad, I stand corrected. I must have missed this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox61.c...ccer-game/amp/

PS - you should really have someone show you how to post a link though 😎

Comment

1st rule of sports - third man in is a no-no.

The story has definitely evolved from the original “my innocent child got jumped by two thugs.”
                really what's changed?

Torrington girl got in a scrap with derby player #1 and then was attacked by Derby player #2

Comment

Good. Just because a person in a sporting competition does not give them license to engage in illegal assault behaviors. Do that and you talk to the police instead of the ref.

Comment

Good. Just because a person in a sporting competition does not give them license to engage in illegal assault behaviors. Do that and you talk to the police instead of the ref.
                    there are fights in all sports by all ages
                    this one was above and beyond the norm- that's why its in the paper- this was a beatdown
                    the fact that no derby coaches got in to stop it is another troubling aspect but where the hell were her teammates?

Comment

In general, refs let girls games get out of control by not calling fouls that they do call 9times out of 10 in boys’ games. This is in youth soccer to college to NWSL! Until there is a major shift to actually calling fouls in girls’ games, needless injuries and even fights like this one will continue.

Comment

Surprised they don't live in Wilton :) Oh wait, that's the PARENTS that beat up on other people and get people fired. The players just quit when things don't go their way

Comment

In general, refs let girls games get out of control by not calling fouls that they do call 9times out of 10 in boys’ games. This is in youth soccer to college to NWSL! Until there is a major shift to actually calling fouls in girls’ games, needless injuries and even fights like this one will continue.
                          Totally agree refs seem to swallow their whistles more often with girls games. It needs to change.

Comment

Meanwhile....over in Danbury, a second kid was charged with a shooting threat. 14! sent an text to someone saying there awas going to be a shooting at the school and you are first on the list. The crazy thing is they spoofed the telephone number the text came from. Smart 14 year old, but not smart enough to to understand that in this day and age, you arfe never 100% anonymous.

Comment

there are fights in all sports by all ages
                              this one was above and beyond the norm- that's why its in the paper- this was a beatdown
                              the fact that no derby coaches got in to stop it is another troubling aspect but where the hell were her teammates?
                              Not to mention the refs did nothing. No cards even issued.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X