NESCAC Women's Soccer Coaches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding extra players in D3 doesn't cost a coach much of anything. They only take so many for travel anyway. Many will be paying full ticket prices so the school is happy. Buyer beware. Study rosters and who plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Huh? The op didn’t say anything about cost. Asked about experiences with the programs. Go back and read the first question in the thread.

Are they worth 75k? If a school like Umass is worth 50k, then hell yeah. For the extra 25k, I will take an Econ degree from bowdoin over Umass, or any other state university in the north east.So will Goldman and just about every other big investment bank in the country. Econ liberal arts vs what....finance major at Umass. What did the Umass degree give you that the liberal arts degree in Econ didn’t give you? There is a reason it costs more. Look at placements and alumni network. A school like uri for example is a joke when it comes to I banks.

There is no comparison. Like staying at Motel 6 vs the Plaza hotel. For both, you pay for a room with a bed and a bathroom. That’s were the comparison ends. If you can afford it, you can afford it. If not fine. You ha e no idea of the value you get little man. Did you go to a new nescac school? Does your kid? Where does your opinion come from. Are you in admissions at a top law school or med school? A top mba program? Maybe you hire for a company that starts associates in the six figure range. Somehow, I see you more as a plumber. Stick to what you know best.....sheet!
      Not the OP but I didn’t it was possible for your follow up to be any more douchey but you’ve managed to accomplish that and more. Well done

Your view is myopic. If the original poster has to take loans they aren’t working in banking and probably not guiding their 17 year old in that direction

There are no guarantees in life and I wouldn’t ever encourage kid to take on 100k+ in debt for a LA degree. Especially when Grad school is looming for most kids.

Find a decent school like Gettysburg, Fairfield or Fordham that throws a to of merit money around. Coming out of undergrad with no debt is a game changer.

Also, looking down on someone for being a plumber is a nice touch. Scumbag

I hire for a Fortune 100 company and can tell you that Colby or Trinity doesn’t open anymore doors than Fordham. FU also has a way more expansive network in the tri state area.

Comment

Not the OP but I didn’t it was possible for your follow up to be any more douchey but you’ve managed to accomplish that and more. Well done

Your view is myopic. If the original poster has to take loans they aren’t working in banking and probably not guiding their 17 year old in that direction

There are no guarantees in life and I wouldn’t ever encourage kid to take on 100k+ in debt for a LA degree. Especially when Grad school is looming for most kids.

Find a decent school like Gettysburg, Fairfield or Fordham that throws a to of merit money around. Coming out of undergrad with no debt is a game changer.

Also, looking down on someone for being a plumber is a nice touch. Scumbag

I hire for a Fortune 100 company and can tell you that Colby or Trinity doesn’t open anymore doors than Fordham. FU also has a way more expansive network in the tri state area.
        Good example......not!

Fairfield costs 66K a year. You want to compare a degree from Williams in econ to a FU business degree. You are probably hiring temps for a Fortune 100 company

So you take Colby and Trinity vs say Williams and Amherst for your comparison?

Why are you pushing kids to grad school? Biggest waste for 75% of grad school graduates. My favorite is when I see an accounting major go get a masters in accounting from Bridgeport. He could have went to a Big 4 for two years, made some nice cash and learned more about accounting then he did at Bridgeport while having to pay for it

Comment

Good example......not!

Fairfield costs 66K a year. You want to compare a degree from Williams in econ to a FU business degree. You are probably hiring temps for a Fortune 100 company

So you take Colby and Trinity vs say Williams and Amherst for your comparison?

Why are you pushing kids to grad school? Biggest waste for 75% of grad school graduates. My favorite is when I see an accounting major go get a masters in accounting from Bridgeport. He could have went to a Big 4 for two years, made some nice cash and learned more about accounting then he did at Bridgeport while having to pay for it
          Not the poster but grad school is a requirement for many job these days. Say a student gets a 1/2 ride at FU-like school and the family can afford the rest. They get no money at a pricey LAC but again, parents can only afford $35K/year. Kid will graduate with a sh*t ton of debt. If you can graduate from a FU with no debt? That's huge, even if grad school isn't in the cards.

Comment

Not the poster but grad school is a requirement for many job these days. Say a student gets a 1/2 ride at FU-like school and the family can afford the rest. They get no money at a pricey LAC but again, parents can only afford $35K/year. Kid will graduate with a sh*t ton of debt. If you can graduate from a FU with no debt? That's huge, even if grad school isn't in the cards.
            So u think someone would get a 4 year 50 percent needs based scholarship but wouldn’t get that at a Nescac school? Average cost after aid to attend Williams for example is under 25k. But you didn’t know that right? Idiots

Comment

So u think someone would get a 4 year 50 percent needs based scholarship but wouldn’t get that at a Nescac school? Average cost after aid to attend Williams for example is under 25k. But you didn’t know that right? Idiots
              I think the poster’s hypothetical was a 50% merit award at the non-NESCAC school. Which the student would not receive at Williams.

Comment

He said “merit”

Quit writing your own narrative

merit money at a school like Fairfield doesn’t even require a FAFSA form.

I wouldn’t let a kid take on six figures of debt for an LAC either

Comment

In reading through this thread, it’s apparent that some lower Fairfield county types lose sight of the realities that Average families face.

I haven’t seen anyone argue that the NESCAC aren’t tremendous schools. They just aren’t worth going in debt over.

My oldest isn’t a college athlete. Good student. I had 55k a year for her put away which factored in inflation by the school. Told her that anything beyond that was on her as we have other kids and I gave them all the same deal. She got into 3 NESCAC and loved. Ultimately landed at Villanova without taking a loan

Fordham, Loyola, Nova all offer merit and I’ll put their alumni up there with anyone

Comment

He said “merit”

Quit writing your own narrative

merit money at a school like Fairfield doesn’t even require a FAFSA form.

I wouldn’t let a kid take on six figures of debt for an LAC either
                    “Not the poster but grad school is a requirement for many job these days. Say a student gets a 1/2 ride at FU-like school and the family can afford the rest. They get no money at a pricey LAC but again, parents can only afford $35K/year. Kid will graduate with a sh*t ton of debt. If you can graduate from a FU with no debt? That's huge, even if grad school isn't in the cards.”

Read again dbag! Parents can only afford 35k. A school like williams provides a grant for the diff. So no merit money, but doesn’t matter. Like I said. Avg cost after aid....25k. You are too stupid to understand what you don’t understand.

Comment

I appreciate all the info here, but why the anger??
                      Why the need to call someone a dbag?

Thanks to those who argue their points with grace and dignity. Much appreciated.

Comment

I appreciate all the info here, but why the anger??
                        Why the need to call someone a dbag?

Thanks to those who argue their points with grace and dignity. Much appreciated.
                        Info.....from a bunch of want a be financial planners who can’t mama get thier own finances

Comment

“Not the poster but grad school is a requirement for many job these days. Say a student gets a 1/2 ride at FU-like school and the family can afford the rest. They get no money at a pricey LAC but again, parents can only afford $35K/year. Kid will graduate with a sh*t ton of debt. If you can graduate from a FU with no debt? That's huge, even if grad school isn't in the cards.”

Read again dbag! Parents can only afford 35k. A school like williams provides a grant for the diff. So no merit money, but doesn’t matter. Like I said. Avg cost after aid....25k. You are too stupid to understand what you don’t understand.
                          The “hypothetical scenario” was families that don’t qualify for aidZ. That hurdle is low

I guess I’m slow but after but the net cost after zero aid from Williams works out to be roughly 73k

I’m going to apply for the DBAG private scholarship that your Mom funds from her years on the corner

Comment

I think the poster’s hypothetical was a 50% merit award at the non-NESCAC school. Which the student would not receive at Williams.
                            lol yes that was me an I said merit. If you target right so that you're a student the school really wants, many schools are very generous with merit money. Merit money is good all four years too (if you maintain your GPA). But at a Williams or Yale - no merit, no athletic. Unless your income is pretty low you're not qualifying for much FA either. You might get lucky if you have multiple ids in school at once, but that won't be for every year. If you've been paying $6K-$8K a year for club soccer the last few years then it's even more likely you won't qualify for FA.

Comment

Info.....from a bunch of want a be financial planners who can’t mama get thier own finances
                              Learn how to verbalize/type champ.

Comment

That average cost is across all students. Also, you never know what your actual package will be until you apply and get accepted. Those formulas and other resources are often way off target. The average middle to upper income soccer family, that's been sending thousands on club soccer every year, will not qualify for much if any FA. FA is very formulaic and the income thresholds are very low. Families in this region get hit even harder because their incomes are higher than the national averages.

So in that hypothetical a good student gets 50% merit at a FU (or so many others schools - and would probably get more if an athlete at a D1) and the family can afford the other 50% = graduates with zero debt. NESCAC scenario the student is on the hook for the half the family can't afford = graduates $140K in debt. THAT'S the idiot that lets their kid do that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X